Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then he should mention it in his post, becuase this thread is directed at people with this particular issue.

Read it again, this time not just the large text parts.

The 2 lines in front state that it is for people who have done The Defector AND have gotten the 3 companion conversations with her afterwards.

Hell, at this point I would be willing to start all over, given the following:

Re-create character with:

Legacy in place

Instant lvl advance to my current lvl

Gear box with high lvl greens or blues for lvl

In-game money, mount etc (I already have a mount)

I would be willing to do all Class quests over again, would be lame, but if that is the only fix, I would welcome it.

No doing over for me. 400 artifice was tough, and costs over 250k for lvl 400 training alone.

I'm level 50. I stopped doing story after Voss (only Class Mission locations and Corellia left). My Kira affection is almost 8k (10k is the max). I am bugged like most here.

Let's do the list regarding Kira and the Jedi Knight story line, very mild spoilers ahead:

1) Kira is the major motivation for the Defector mission. Enough said.

2) Kira is the only romance option for the Knight

3) Kira is the only other Jedi that follows the Knight (the melee tank excluded, obviously)

4) When Doc flirts with Kira on Balmorra, you get the option to say "She's spoken for", to which Kira replies "Yeah, but he doesn't need to know about that." Awkward considering she hasn't spoken to me once.

5) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 1. Darth Angral, you, Kira... very major story stuff.

6) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 2. When you earn the Indomitable title.

I have done Belsavis and Voss, both with Doc mostly. Considering how much Kira was weaved into the main story line thus far, I have stopped doing missions and am waiting for the fix. AGAIN, not having any Kira interaction is killing the R and the P in the games RPG factor (and this is why I dismiss those who say "Kira doesn't effect the story". Because it certainly effects MY story.)

I can't recall the Defector quest heh. I'm sure I did this as it seems like I have done everything (minus heroics) up until now. I know I had a convo with her on my ship VIA the intercom. Flirted twice with her don't remember a kiss, remember her saying she wanted to, but alas that was the last convo I've had with her (super sadface).

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes ( Patch 1.0.2 for tommorow)

•Taxi rides are no longer occasionally interrupted, causing the player to be

dropped from the taxi.

•Using the /dismiss command now correctly dismisses a vanity pet.

•Corrected some issues that could cause players to become stuck on the

loading screen when logging into a character.

•Players can now use emotes while riding a vehicle.•Fixed a bug that prevented some text-only mail messages from being received.

•Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual

settings in use.

•Being in Do Not Disturb mode no longer prevents characters from being logged

out for being away.

•Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor

areas with shadows enabled.

•Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being logged out for

inactivity.

I am so happy even though i cannot talk to kira that it will be possible to use emotes while traveling to a location for my mission. Thank you Bioware this is the thing we all needed (-_-)

I've decided to reroll to a Guardian, but I haven't been following this thread for awhile and I just wanted to know one thing:

Is it now safe to choose the Darkside flirt after "The Defector"? I read something in the patch notes about a fix, but wasn't sure if that was what they were referring to. I'm hoping to do it the way I wanted to this time around.

The answer is probably in here somewhere, so forgive me for asking again. I just couldn't bare to rifle through 90+ pages of despair from my fellow Knights. :o

Edited by Abominant

I've decided to reroll to a Guardian, but I haven't been following this thread for awhile and I just wanted to know one thing:

Is it now safe to choose the Darkside flirt after "The Defector"? I read something in the patch notes about a fix, but wasn't sure if that was what they were referring to. I'm hoping to do it the way I wanted to this time around.

The answer is probably in here somewhere, so forgive me for asking again. I just couldn't bare to rifle through 90+ pages of despair from my fellow Knights. :o

It is safe to assume that it is fixed, but i have not tested it myself

It is very possible to continue the romance without doing the dark side flirt though, if you want to be 10000% sure.

Edited by SuperSair

It is safe to assume that it is fixed, but i have not tested it myself

It is very possible to continue the romance without doing the dark side flirt though, if you want to be 10000% sure.

Well if it's fixed they didn't fix it for me. I still have no convo options with Kira. I am on Balmorra. So either it's totally Huttroled for me and I'll have to reroll or I'll have to wait for another fix to come out.

Well if it's fixed they didn't fix it for me. I still have no convo options with Kira. I am on Balmorra. So either it's totally Huttroled for me and I'll have to reroll or I'll have to wait for another fix to come out.

Fixed as in, it won't happen again to new Jedi Knights, not fixed for Old Knights like you and me.

I have been playing since Dec 13th and got to Defector quest well before the 27th. I didn't have any dark side gains up to that point but I was afraid I wouldn't see the romance storyline if I didn't flirt with her at the first opportunity, so I tainted myself there and unwittingly triggered this bug. I'm level 50 now and I'm not considering starting over.

Just posted to add my name to this thread and help drive a fix from Bioware. I am also very disappointed as there is no mention of this problem in the next patch notes.

Yep, same here :(

Fixed as in, it won't happen again to new Jedi Knights, not fixed for Old Knights like you and me.

Son of a Hutt! So if I want to progress it I'll have to re-roll you're saying? Can we get someone from BioWare to confirm this? If it's the case I have no issues re-rolling. For as many times as I've played KoTOR and ME re-rolling is not an issue.

I followed this thread in its early stages but over the holidays I've lost track. What I gather is that for people who chose the DS flirt option after Defector, that we still can't romance Kira or pick up quests from her. Has it been said that it is a bug and not just us SoL? It would suck missing out on that but not gamebreaking for me. Has anyone actually tried calling to find out if they plan on addressing this?

Second, the fix didn't work for me because yesterday while questing after earning some influence with Kira for the first time after the update it said she wanted to speak to me on my ship but went away shortly after.

Any help?

Edited by Chiqui

I followed this thread in its early stages but over the holidays I've lost track. What I gather is that for people who chose the DS flirt option after Defector, that we still can't romance Kira or pick up quests from her. Has it been said that it is a bug and not just us SoL? It would suck missing out on that but not gamebreaking for me. Has anyone actually tried calling to find out if they plan on addressing this?

Second, the fix didn't work for me because yesterday while questing after earning some influence with Kira for the first time after the update it said she wanted to speak to me on my ship but went away shortly after.

Any help?

It is a bug. It has been fixed in terms of not happening for new Knights, but people who already are bugged will have to wait indefinitely for a fix for them or re-roll. Many people have sent letters, emails and called, but have received generic responses without any relevant info.

The ship icon randomly appearing is a UI bug that happens on all companions of all classes, it has no effect on the companion or any quest. Right click on your companion if you want to be sure, they will keep repeating that they want to talk to you if they really do.

No doing over for me. 400 artifice was tough, and costs over 250k for lvl 400 training alone.

I'm level 50. I stopped doing story after Voss (only Class Mission locations and Corellia left). My Kira affection is almost 8k (10k is the max). I am bugged like most here.

Let's do the list regarding Kira and the Jedi Knight story line, very mild spoilers ahead:

1) Kira is the major motivation for the Defector mission. Enough said.

2) Kira is the only romance option for the Knight

3) Kira is the only other Jedi that follows the Knight (the melee tank excluded, obviously)

4) When Doc flirts with Kira on Balmorra, you get the option to say "She's spoken for", to which Kira replies "Yeah, but he doesn't need to know about that." Awkward considering she hasn't spoken to me once.

5) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 1. Darth Angral, you, Kira... very major story stuff.

6) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 2. When you earn the Indomitable title.

I have done Belsavis and Voss, both with Doc mostly. Considering how much Kira was weaved into the main story line thus far, I have stopped doing missions and am waiting for the fix. AGAIN, not having any Kira interaction is killing the R and the P in the games RPG factor (and this is why I dismiss those who say "Kira doesn't effect the story". Because it certainly effects MY story.)

Well spoken!

Does anyone pay attention to this bug/thread?

I read in their notes that when it's fixed, we will get all her conversations at once. I tried re-rolling but I love my sentinel too much...It's a lot of effort into levelling my professions and when I tried doing it all over again, including all the pvp that I've already done and the rank I'm at now... I gave up and went back to my first Jedi.

This really sucks The only conversation I got with Kira was after (spoilers) I killed her brother and after I said to the Jedi counsel that they can trust her, I tink I'm going to stop playing on my JK until this stupid bug is fixed and I'll just go and play my other classes becuse this is really weird. :confused:

I have a female Jedi Knight and have just started using Kira as my companion since shes the only 1 you can use when you take down your first Sith. Coruscant is where I am right now so I havent had problems with her yet. I will roll a male Jedi Knight after this one and try to romance her with him. By the way on Youtube someone posted a video of all of the romance conversations you have with her and this person had no problems at all and didnt encounter the bug. I have a friend who has a male JK and plans to romance her and he does know about the bug and hes the same lvl as me which is lvl 11-13. Anyone know if the bug will affect people with Jedi Knights at low lvls which both my friend and I happen to be right now?

I agree there and I can only offer up an assumption to the tune of after the defector questline You would then just automatically assume that's where it was headed so the "spoiler" isn't thought of as one?

well still, I didn't know we were going to head to the actual emperor, but yeah, I guess it can make sense, I just remember someone saying the last boss is a spoiler, granted they said that they are going to "confront the emperor", that doesn't really tell us who the last boss is technically

Hey Bioware. Care to check out this problem before I change it for you? QUICK EASY FIX GIVE ME THE ACCESS CODES AND I WILL GOD DAM FIX IT. Please don't tell me your going to ruin the story line for so long and with little feedback. I will get henrys bucket full of dinosaurs and wwe will fixx this problem. YAR ME LASSY:D

I found out about this bug when the patch came out, now every day i come to check the situation. I was on Balmora and at level 37 when i found this out. I stopped playing as my Guardian at that momment and made a Bounty hunter. Though i couldnt resest the appeal of my jedi knight so returned to play it thinking ill just get to know t7 more. Now i am 41 and have finished hoth and think am about to do last mission of act II. Bioware could you please hurry up and and let us know when and if this will be fixed, as i dont want to progress any further as this is an important momment of the campain and i think kira will be important in it. So please bioware just tell us something... anything