Probes should be TAB targetable

the probes that float around in the puzzle boss should be tab targetable. they currently are not. its a major pain in the a$#$ to target them with your mouse, then go back to killing adds if you're standing in the middle circle

I don't really have much problem with them. And as long as nobody hits them you can just get them afterwards.

Edit: Could do with a bigger hit box maybe. Or be higher on the selection priority than Operator.

Edited by Raekor

As a sent who is on blue I had trouble with this for my first three runs, but figured out a way to make it easier. When we start the fight I leap to the trash to build focus then head straight for my probe and do a force sweep aoe to get him red. Then I do a quick tab target and he's down before I know it. So my recommendation is a small AOE to knock them red allowing the tab.

I do agree with the OP. It's sort of dumb that you can't tab target them, but you can hit them with AoE abilties. But I guess that's probably the only way BW could code it. If it was targetable, it would have to be red, then it would be considered an enemy and would aggro whoever had highest threat on it.

Can you tab target the random non hostile adds in KP between Bonethrasher and Jarg and Sorno? Can you hit them with an AoE and make them hostile?

I have never had a problem clicking on them....They move, stop for a bit and then move again. If you are not coordinated to click on one while you are in the middle........well........................I just won't say anymore.

I have never had a problem clicking on them....They move, stop for a bit and then move again. If you are not coordinated to click on one while you are in the middle........well........................I just won't say anymore.

Agreed. If you can't do something simple like clicking a little ball in the air, you shouldn't be in TFB in the first place.

• Dev Post
I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what might be going on here. He mentioned that this may be an artifact of how tab targeting prioritizes enemies, and that it might be helpful to change your keybinding to "target nearest enemy." Let us know if this helps!

On a similar topic can the devs look into why there seems to be a problem with being able to tab target the pig in the Bonethrasher fight in KP? I only ever seem to be able to target him with TAB after he has taken damage. So I usually have to do some ground-targeted attack just to be able to tab to him.

This only ever started after 1.2 changed that you can't target or damage enemies that are still appearing (which I hate in general).

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what might be going on here. He mentioned that this may be an artifact of how tab targeting prioritizes enemies, and that it might be helpful to change your keybinding to "target nearest enemy." Let us know if this helps!

It's more of an issue that the probes at first are not considered an enemy but as a neutral mob (thus the yellow nameplate). They can be tab targeted easily once they are hit by someone (forcing them to have the red nameplate) but the issue is getting the first hit off.

I don't believe it is possible to tab to a neutral target as long as they are considered not a threat.

There is also the (i think it's called) 'Tab Target Center Screen' or something to that effect. I find that to be insanely helpful.

It's more of an issue that the probes at first are not considered an enemy but as a neutral mob (thus the yellow nameplate). They can be tab targeted easily once they are hit by someone (forcing them to have the red nameplate) but the issue is getting the first hit off.

I don't believe it is possible to tab to a neutral target as long as they are considered not a threat.

It is possible, its just that the way tab targeting works, it will only cycle through red names if both yellow and red names are on the screen at the same time, if no red names are on the screen, then you can target yellow names just fine.... that being said, it doesnt help at all in this situation.:rolleyes:

Edited by Meepbot

I would be ecstatic if tab targetting even worked!

It's so fail right now. Seriously whomever is in charge of coding tab targetting needs to play the game. It never ever targets the person standing directly in front of you, but someone off screen or behind you.

No more excuses, just fix it already!