Do something BW...losing subs is coming

Majram

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no the bad PvPers are complaining... they lost their gear advantage so now they must rely on skill. When the game requires skill only the crap players are upset. The reason so many "flock" to PvP is because it takes 0 abiliuty to get the best PvP gear, it only takes time.

PvE is different in that you cannot walk into an Ops by yourself die all night long and come out with gear.

no the bad PvPers are complaining... they lost their gear advantage so now they must rely on skill. When the game requires skill only the crap players are upset. The reason so many "flock" to PvP is because it takes 0 abiliuty to get the best PvP gear, it only takes time.

PvE is different in that you cannot walk into an Ops by yourself die all night long and come out with gear.

QFT

true pvpers already adapting and still owning ppl. so no, only the "bads" is gonna QQ because they lost theirs crutches.

I am assuming you are basing this on a few vocal people on the forum and a few PVPers you know?

The argument these PVPers are giving is like hackers saying they are going to quit because SWTOR blocks their hacks.

You need skill now...

PvP base player are not happy right now and it s a big chunck of your sub base. Do something fast cause your gonna lose a lot of them.

Really?

Have you spoken to the majority of players?

Where did you get this information?

no he is serious and if you still dont believe, just scroll over the pvp forums and witness the QQ

Yeah, There is plenty of QQ. So we will loose the people who want to continue the cycle of:

Phase 1 - I am a fresh cap level (55). I have crappy gear. I go into PVP. I get destroyed by people with better gear but not necessarily skill.

Phase 2 - I keep going in. Not learning to PVP but I get warzone commendations. Gradually getting better gear and able to last longer.

Phase 3 - I have top PVP gear. I don't know how to PVP. I kill everyone in Phase 1.

Outstanding!

We were over due for a "Chicken Little" ... er I means "the subs is doomed!!!" thread. :D

I can check that off of this weeks list of rant-de-jours. :p

Protip: It's not dominantly a PvP game. It's a PvE with just enough PvP bolted to the side to distract the PvPers and give them QQ target aquisition. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Wow.. The force is completely avoiding this thread all together..

Either the OP is just trolling or desperate for attention.. :rolleyes:

Eh, we have had several people complaining about how Bolster ruins PVP over the last few days (ignoring the reported bug) that I feel most have stopped caring to argue.

Sooooo true. Gear wheels and grinds make sense for PvE advancement, they don't make sense for PvP advancement. Giving gear that makes you better at PvP seems silly--after all PvPers always like to talk about how they love tough fights, they want real PvP, tough PvP, etc and giving some players gear that gives them a distinct advantage for nothing more than simply doing PvP (win or lose) is silly.

I have no idea what could be used as a different carrot for PvP advancement rather than tiered gear, but then again I don't get paid to develop games or come up with unique game ideas. If I was being paid to do something like that, I hope I'd come up with something better than tiered gear for PvP, which is anathema to the entire PvP experience.

Yeah, There is plenty of QQ. So we will loose the people who want to continue the cycle of:

Phase 1 - I am a fresh cap level (55). I have crappy gear. I go into PVP. I get destroyed by people with better gear but not necessarily skill.

Phase 2 - I keep going in. Not learning to PVP but I get warzone commendations. Gradually getting better gear and able to last longer.

Phase 3 - I have top PVP gear. I don't know how to PVP. I kill everyone in Phase 1.

pretty much this. you should see pvp team that is mostly complied with ppl with premades...they are terrible. they are so use to LOL ROFLSTOMP NOOBZ , than any form of teamwork. hell i saw a full deck out ewh try to hold a node on novare coast by himself. the only reason why he live a bit longer and our team was able to prevent the enemy to cap our node because i decide to go to west.

the problem here isnt that BW made pvp gear useless, iits the bads lost it "i i win" gear now.

l2 play, ok?

Edited by astrobearx

Gear is part of MMORGP. If you have better gear than another it should really be better

Gear still matters. But the difference between a fully decked out PVP and someone with crappy gear is now smaller.

PVP now is more about Skill. But gear still STILL give you an advantage. It just won't give you an advantage against someone who actually knows what they are doing.

I love this. Every time someone tells me how much effort they took to get their PvP gear I lol. :jawa_biggrin:

I lol at pvers that think fighting the same boss that does the same thing everyday is a real challenge. Getting a group together is the only thing challenging about PvE.

I lol at pvers that think fighting the same boss that does the same thing everyday is a real challenge. Getting a group together is the only thing challenging about PvE.

He was not saying that getting PVE gear is necessarily hard. It is all time consuming. But you can get full PVP gear without ever winning a match. You can't do that for PVE gear. You have to manage to be able to at least do something

With PVE gear. If you see someone decked out in the TOP gear you know that at least they did something right.

Not true for PVP gear.

Edited by ninjonxb

I LOL at arrogant PvPers who think PvP in a game like this is difficult. And who probably haven't stepped into an OPs at all. . .

Sooooo true. Gear wheels and grinds make sense for PvE advancement, they don't make sense for PvP advancement. Giving gear that makes you better at PvP seems silly--after all PvPers always like to talk about how they love tough fights, they want real PvP, tough PvP, etc and giving some players gear that gives them a distinct advantage for nothing more than simply doing PvP (win or lose) is silly.

I have no idea what could be used as a different carrot for PvP advancement rather than tiered gear, but then again I don't get paid to develop games or come up with unique game ideas. If I was being paid to do something like that, I hope I'd come up with something better than tiered gear for PvP, which is anathema to the entire PvP experience.

According to "real" PvP players, the true carrot is simply the challenge of fighting another player (the unknown variable). so technically the true PvP players don't need more powerful gear. In hindsight, I think this is why so many people enjoyed the 1-49 experience before 2.0....the buffs you got equalized the playing field, and there was no "PvP" gear with any specific PvP stats to unbalance the game. True PvP at it's finest...IMO PvP gear should not have any differences from PvE gear...the playing field should be equalized, and only the player skill should count.

this is what makes FPS games on the consoles so popular.aside from know balance issues and terribads that take advantage of glitches, your typical FPS is like PvP in this game from 1-49.

your ignorance is showing.

im a true pvper, but even i have to say

PVE>>>>>>>pvp in the term of hardness to get gear.

if you **** up in pvp, and lose ...we still get comms and such

PVE OPS?

if one guys is off in HM NIM and etc, everyone wipes and suffer repair cost penalties.

Edited by astrobearx

According to "real" PvP players, the true carrot is simply the challenge of fighting another player (the unknown variable). so technically the true PvP players don't need more powerful gear. In hindsight, I think this is why so many people enjoyed the 1-49 experience before 2.0....the buffs you got equalized the playing field, and there was no "PvP" gear with any specific PvP stats to unbalance the game. True PvP at it's finest...IMO PvP gear should not have any differences from PvE gear...the playing field should be equalized, and only the player skill should count.

this is what makes FPS games on the consoles so popular.aside from know balance issues and terribads that take advantage of glitches, your typical FPS is like PvP in this game from 1-49.

Part of the problem is this game has 2 sides. The PVE the PVP side. The PVE sides needs a gear progression. If the PVP side does not have a gear progression that works different (expertise) then we have an overlap that could cause issue with people not progressing as they should.