clone wars S05E015

turnoverla-page

i loved this episode, it had a great amount of action. the maul vizla fight was the best fight since the obi maul/ savage fight, for me it was vizlas for the taking although he had used most of his tricks he had disarmed maul, and i think in doing so just got carried away and went to finish him off sloppy letting maul take advantage of it. another good thing about this fight is that the made it less of a kids show fight as the end of that fight was quite violent. also remembering the old priminister and the night owls action was a great bonus.

but what do you think?

i only watch the episodes that maul and savage are in, and this one was freakin AWESOME. Though the struggle maul had vs the death watch leader (cant spell his name), has me doubting if maul can defeat dooku in battle or beat sidious with savage's help. They need to focus more the stories involving maul and savage, honestly, every episode since the first 2 this season have been so terrible, i stopped watching it up until now.

i only watch the episodes that maul and savage are in, and this one was freakin AWESOME. Though the struggle maul had vs the death watch leader (cant spell his name), has me doubting if maul can defeat dooku in battle or beat sidious with savage's help. They need to focus more the stories involving maul and savage, honestly, every episode since the first 2 this season have been so terrible, i stopped watching it up until now.

i think you are forgetting that pre vizsla is a mando leader, so he would give sith and jedi a hard time

I disagree. The Onderon arc was good and the Youngling arc was phenomenal, mainly due to Hondo Ohnaka. The Droid arc was unnecessary though...

As for the recent episode, I'd say this was even better than the last one. The animation and action were great as always, but the music is what really got my adrenaline going, especially in the final duel at the end. Kiner's music as definitely improved. The dialogue and voice-acting were overall, pretty good, but the scenes were rushed. I think the pacing of the entire Maul arc has been too fast and that would be its main problem. But its a problem that is overshadowed constantly.

Edited by Aitix

Loved this episode but something happened that surprised me a bit. During the duel at the end Maul did not use any force powers on Pre Vizsla and fought in an honorable manner, especially with the distain he had shown for honor earlier. This could have been an act for the Mandos to get them to ally with him but I found it a bit odd and out of character for Maul not to go full out, especially with Pre Vizsla using every trick in his arsenal on Maul. Edited by UndyingImhotep

I disagree. The Onderon arc was good and the Youngling arc was phenomenal, mainly due to Hondo Ohnaka. The Droid arc was unnecessary though....

Agreed....we need more episodes with Hondo and his merry band of cutthoats and scallywags.

Edited by UndyingImhotep

Can't wait to see Obi-Wan confront Maul again.

I don't think they handled the first encounter too well. I always figured Obi-Wan would have been more angry than they showed him, knowing the Sith Lord who killed Qui-Gon had returned, given how enraged he was at the end of their duel on Naboo. If anything would drive Kenobi as close to the dark side as he'd ever go, it would be this.

It was an awesome episode. I wanted Vizla to win that fight, even though I knew Maul was, one thing I don't like about this arc is how it is VERY fast-paced, unlike other arcs. Weird to think that this is all Sidious's fault sort of, since he ordered Dooku to kill Ventress who then got Opress and found Maul and made a criminal empire and killed Vizla. If Opress never found Maul he would still be a crazy lunatic half-ant crawling around on some lava planet :D

It was an awesome episode. I wanted Vizla to win that fight, even though I knew Maul was, one thing I don't like about this arc is how it is VERY fast-paced, unlike other arcs. Weird to think that this is all Sidious's fault sort of, since he ordered Dooku to kill Ventress who then got Opress and found Maul and made a criminal empire and killed Vizla. If Opress never found Maul he would still be a crazy lunatic half-ant crawling around on some lava planet :D
Ha ha! So true. Silly Sidious. :D

Speaking of Ventress, I can't wait to see her in future episodes. By far my favourite TCW character.

However concerning this episode, it has plus and minuses. On the plus side it was all round epic, especially the fight between Maul and Pre Vizla. The story was also excellent too, and I like how their Mandalorians are now split. I also like how they brought back the Prime Minister.

What's great about this episode though is that is a big shutupinyourface for all those Mando-snobs who constantly complained about the New Mandalorians. Well look guys! Guess what? The writers thought that this would be a more interesting story than have some Mando clan make a cameo and get put down by the Republic, or not appear at all. Boy, people can't see good storytelling when its right in their face.

But on to the minuses. It was, as many people have said, a little too face-paced, as was the last episode. That's what was good about the Youngling and Droid arcs, they had a good sense of pace. And another thing, I though at least two scenes where clearly painted, and didn't look very real at all. Namely when you see a wide shot of the Mando base, and a long shot of the Sundari dome. Does anyone else agree? But that's a minor point, altogether awesome episode.

Loved this episode but something happened that surprised me a bit. During the duel at the end Maul did not use any force powers on Pre Vizsla and fought in an honorable manner, especially with the distain he had shown for honor earlier. This could have been an act for the Mandos to get them to ally with him but I found it a bit odd and out of character for Maul not to go full out, especially with Pre Vizsla using every trick in his arsenal on Maul.

Maul obviously wanted to make sure that the Mandos would be on his side after he killed Pre Vizsla, so he fought as honorably as he could. Actually, the fact that Maul refrained from using Force powers while Vizsla was using every dirty trick he could probably made him seem all the more strong in the eyes of the Death Watch.

Maul obviously wanted to make sure that the Mandos would be on his side after he killed Pre Vizsla, so he fought as honorably as he could. Actually, the fact that Maul refrained from using Force powers while Vizsla was using every dirty trick he could probably made him seem all the more strong in the eyes of the Death Watch.
Mmmm, I would agree.

I disagree. The Onderon arc was good and the Youngling arc was phenomenal, mainly due to Hondo Ohnaka. The Droid arc was unnecessary though...

As for the recent episode, I'd say this was even better than the last one. The animation and action were great as always, but the music is what really got my adrenaline going, especially in the final duel at the end. Kiner's music as definitely improved. The dialogue and voice-acting were overall, pretty good, but the scenes were rushed. I think the pacing of the entire Maul arc has been too fast and that would be its main problem. But its a problem that is overshadowed constantly.

"ive got your back"

"i feel sooo sale"

i think you are forgetting that pre vizsla is a mando leader, so he would give sith and jedi a hard time

Not if the Sith/Jedi actually went all out and used Force powers as well - with the intention of killing the Mandalorian

Vizsla used all the tricks in his arsenal and was beaten by Sith/Jedi combat training alone......

As least this goes someway to dispel the notion that Sith/Jedi are useless without force powers and the actual physical combat training is pretty hardcore....

Not if the Sith/Jedi actually went all out and used Force powers as well - with the intention of killing the Mandalorian

Vizsla used all the tricks in his arsenal and was beaten by Sith/Jedi combat training alone......

As least this goes someway to dispel the notion that Sith/Jedi are useless without force powers and the actual physical combat training is pretty hardcore....

This is difficult to gauge as their plenty of Force powers and mental techniques to ignore pain, sustain yourself past the limits of your endurance, and hit harder then you normally would be able too. In Episode 1, Maul was knocked off a platform by QuiGon Jinn and under normal circumstances would of probably broke his back. However, being trained in the ways of the Force, Maul was able to easily shrug off the pain and absorb the impact with the Force.

Also Maul is a Sith, no matter what you think, he is going to pull out every trick he knows also while giving the illusion that he is fighting fairly.

This is difficult to gauge as their plenty of Force powers and mental techniques to ignore pain, sustain yourself past the limits of your endurance, and hit harder then you normally would be able too. In Episode 1, Maul was knocked off a platform by QuiGon Jinn and under normal circumstances would of probably broke his back. However, being trained in the ways of the Force, Maul was able to easily shrug off the pain and absorb the impact with the Force.

Also Maul is a Sith, no matter what you think, he is going to pull out every trick he knows also while giving the illusion that he is fighting fairly.

Ok to be fair - there are different degrees of ability between individual Jedi and Sith so some are better than others and you will some poor ones amongst all that.

But in this case Maul was definitely holding back from using the force against Viszla when he just used physical skills when he could have easily used telekinetics - and if Maul can catch fully trained Jedi (who have the force)with his powers then i am pretty sure he would use them against Viszla if he really wanted too

he was definitely not using every trick in his arsenal - as he never needed to to beat Viszla

Under normal circimstances when there was no special challenge - then sure he would have used them (although Maul does have a tendency to toy with his opponents)

He challenged this honourable combat to gain the loyalty of Viszla's own Death Watch troops - he had to prove that he was the better trained warrior as that is something that the Mandalorians respect - Mandalorians would possibly see force powers as a shortcut to compensate for a lack of true warrior ability - and not using them (when he could have) while Viszla used all his tricks would prove that he was superior to them.....the big picture of this fight was less about killing Viszla and more about gaining the loyalty of Deathwatch. If Viszla was a willing puppet - Maul may well have left him alive........

Ok to be fair - there are different degrees of ability between individual Jedi and Sith so some are better than others and you will some poor ones amongst all that.

But in this case Maul was definitely holding back from using the force against Viszla when he just used physical skills when he could have easily used telekinetics - and if Maul can catch fully trained Jedi (who have the force)with his powers then i am pretty sure he would use them against Viszla if he really wanted too

he was definitely not using every trick in his arsenal - as he never needed to to beat Viszla

Under normal circimstances when there was no special challenge - then sure he would have used them (although Maul does have a tendency to toy with his opponents)

He challenged this honourable combat to gain the loyalty of Viszla's own Death Watch troops - he had to prove that he was the better trained warrior as that is something that the Mandalorians respect - Mandalorians would possibly see force powers as a shortcut to compensate for a lack of true warrior ability - and not using them (when he could have) while Viszla used all his tricks would prove that he was superior to them.....the big picture of this fight was less about killing Viszla and more about gaining the loyalty of Deathwatch. If Viszla was a willing puppet - Maul may well have left him alive........

Much like Ulic fighting MTI on Mandalorian terms, and he still won.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

There's also the fact that the force can be used as something like a sixth sense, increasing awareness of your surroundings and helping to anticipate the next attack (literally the first thing Obi-wan teaches Luke about the force).

Edited by WooliestWorm

You bring up great points, but every time Maul blocked a incoming blaster bolt with his lightsaber, ducked or pivoted out of the way of an attack, he was relying on the Force. In addition, every time he used Force Jump or was able to shrug off an explosion during the fight he was obviously calling on the Force.

So while Maul didn't use Telekinesis, he was certainly using the Force. He was also using the Force to a considerable degree that I would call it cheating. He also needed to rely on it. If he didn't use it he probably would of been killed out right.

Does this mean Maul is weak ? No.

However, Maul certainly did not win with just melee prowess. In a true, non force using melee battle, Pre Vizsla would of more then likely won, and won quickly.

Edited by Darth__Carnal