Consular Shadow - PvE Relics

Wrathz

Hello everyone.

I am a bit confused about PvE relics... I have bought my first Dread Guard Relic and much probably aiming for the 2nd one. On the other way, I have combined my 3 Red Matrix Shards to get another good level 50 Relic.

My question is: Is the relic from the Red Matrix Shards any better than the 2nd Dread Guard Relic, or should I buy the 2nd Dread Guard and forget about the Relic from the Red Matrix Shards?

Thanks a lot for the help!

-> Red Matrix Shards Relic: "Matrix Cube M7-R3" - 56 Endurance; 66 Willpower; 27 Critical Rating (doesn't have active).

-> My 1st Dread Guard Relic: "Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages" - 64 Endurance; 47 Power (Active: Increases Power by 350 for 30seconds).

-> My possible 2nd Dread Guard Relic - exactly the same Relic as my 1st Dread Guard Relic.

My question is: Is the relic from the Red Matrix Shards any better than the 2nd Dread Guard Relic, or should I buy the 2nd Dread Guard and forget about the Relic from the Red Matrix Shards?

The Matrix Cube relics are mediocre, entry grade relics pretty much on par with the Columi grade relics that drop in SM EV and KP. As such, they're nowhere near best in slot.

Also, you *do not* want 2 of the same use relic since activating one will put *both* on the same cooldown. What you *do* want, since it's your BiS, is actually the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence: it provides 47 flat power in addition to a not-insubstantial amount of just raw damage that's dumped out on a regular basis. The reasons that you want the Elemental proc relic than the Kinetic, Energy, or Internal proc are based on mechanical and mathematical wonkiness that I can explain if you want (I doubt you care about getting an answer other than "take this one" considering you honestly thought the Red Matrix Cube was BiS).

The Matrix Cube relics are mediocre, entry grade relics pretty much on par with the Columi grade relics that drop in SM EV and KP. As such, they're nowhere near best in slot.

Also, you *do not* want 2 of the same use relic since activating one will put *both* on the same cooldown. What you *do* want, since it's your BiS, is actually the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence: it provides 47 flat power in addition to a not-insubstantial amount of just raw damage that's dumped out on a regular basis. The reasons that you want the Elemental proc relic than the Kinetic, Energy, or Internal proc are based on mechanical and mathematical wonkiness that I can explain if you want (I doubt you care about getting an answer other than "take this one" considering you honestly thought the Red Matrix Cube was BiS).

The wonkiness is that since you don't have much armor penetration other than other class debuffs, the internal or elemental one is going to be better. You choose the elemental one, because the proc relics do indeed crit and the elemental one is based off force crit and the internal one is based of tech crit.

-> My possible 2nd Dread Guard Relic - exactly the same Relic as my 1st Dread Guard Relic.

No. If both clickable relics are the same, activating one of them will put both relics on cooldown.

Take the elemental one as your second relic.