When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

Seems like almost every server is low population. At Peak hours, there are not many people on any one server. Rift had this issue, and in the beginning, they shut down servers, and allowed people to merge to other servers. It's odd that it takes hours at lvl 50 for a PVP game to pop, as there is hardly anyone on the servers. They also need to implement CROSS REALM Ques. WOW did this, and was a huge success. For any new MMO not to include this off the bat, is beyond bizarre to me. I think Bioware is too focused on fixing bugs than getting these servers in line. Wish I never leveled on what is now a "Low POP" server, as most of the time I feel like this is a single player game.

Bioware, what say you?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

This thread has been recreated because the previous version has exceeded our post threshold of 1,000 posts. Please continue to use this thread for any discussion related to whether or not there will be Server Merges.

A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Don't make spam posts like "first," "in before the lock," or "bump."
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

to the guy in the old post saying im to blame for the many servers being created. not once did i say anything about them needing more servers but instead to raise the cap. I rolled on anchorhead and stayed on anchorhead even with the queues at the beginning

Former Senator Contisplex player here..

When I started, we had about 20-30 people saturday in republic fleet. Queueing for warzones was possible actually.

Now after a month.. warzones just never ever come, everyone completely left and only people playing are the ones with 7 days trials.

saturday-sunday evening 2-4 people in republic fleet and all are level 10-20.

Ghosts servers are horrible so I had to leave to the more popular server, where everything is fine and good. But I miss my sage, and there is no way i can play him, there are just absolutely no people, everyone left, or minority like me who didn't leave are playing in other servers.. *sigh*

Edited by Akyio

People keep saying if you are on a low pop server you should reroll on a populated server but, that doesn't fix anything in the end. Instead you get tons of people who have wasted money on months of playing and building a character they probably really like just to reroll the exact same thing on a server that is bursting with people. which just makes the low pop servers even lower pop and then eventually the servers that were standard or heavy are going to be full and people will complain about lag or about too many people for this or that....

They need to first off merge the low pop servers and then allow transfers so the people that rerolled can move their characters back to their home server if they desire to do so, in effect getting to keep everythign they have worked on on one server.

Edited by azulotu

Just wait until 1.2 comes out and it is bugged to hell and it doesn't do anything but create more problems and then BioWare loses the last 6 guys playing the game and it has to make this single player wana be mmo game into free to play.

SWToR Timeline for 2012

1.2 luanches

Lost of Bug

Last 6 players quit

Swtor goes F2P

servers fill back upt

Edited by samht

Just wait until 1.2 comes out and it is bugged to hell and it doesn't do anything but create more problems and then BioWare loses the last 6 guys playing the game and it has to make this single player wana be mmo game into free to play.

SWToR Timeline for 2012

1.2 luanches

Lost of Bug

Last 6 players quit

Swtor goes F2P

servers fill back upt

such insight!

F2P games suk big time and I wont play one.

I predict swtor doesnt go F2p for some years to come.

My point is, they have already announced server transfers are coming, but this is going to take time.

So you may either bash them over the head and scream and shout, or you can reroll on a more populated server for now and enjoy your time until then.

The option is yours.

People keep saying if you are on a low pop server you should reroll on a populated server but, that doesn't fix anything in the end. Instead you get tons of people who have wasted money on months of playing and building a character they probably really like just to reroll the exact same thing on a server that is bursting with people. which just makes the low pop servers even lower pop and then eventually the servers that were standard or heavy are going to be full and people will complain about lag or about too many people for this or that....

They need to first off merge the low pop servers and then allow transfers so the people that rerolled can move their characters back to their home server if they desire to do so, in effect getting to keep everythign they have worked on on one server.

Some of usare saying that if you like the game and are hurting to roll an alt for the time being because its going to be a bit before a merge is possible! They are stating End of April for Asia/ Pacific and later on for the rest<----- This has been stated multiple times but its simply amazing how no one bothers to see this or understand

I was willing to be patient for the first two months, but we lost too many good people in March. I don't know if they've moved to more populated servers or just quit the game, but either way it feels like my server is trapped in a downward spiral. It requires way too much networking on my part to form groups for warzones, flashpoints, and ops. I didn't mind doing that in the short term, so we could experience fresh content, but no way am I doing that on an ongoing basis. The fact that they're pushing new content instead of rectifying this problem baffles me. I couldn't care less about the Legacy system, because I'm not leveling any alts until there are more people to play with.

P.S. It's 7pm EST, and there are 228 people on my server (107 Republic + 121 Imperial).

Zzzzzzzzzz

If I have to rename any of my characters, I'm done. Game over.

If they do a server merge, they need to take that into account.

I did not pre-order, on the first day possible, to lose out on my reserved names.

I will not be moving off my existing server (I'm happy with its population at the moment), but if newcomers are transferred on, then the existing characters should take name priority.

Edited by EJedi

If I have to rename any of my characters, I'm done. Game over.

If they do a server merge, they need to take that into account.

I did not pre-order, on the first day possible, to lose out on my reserved names.

I will not be moving off my existing server (I'm happy with its population at the moment), but if newcomers are transferred on, then the existing characters should take name priority.

Well just keep in mind that some mmos will decide rename based on /played but I would guess your name would be safe on a straight transfer to your server

Well just keep in mind that some mmos will decide rename based on /played but I would guess your name would be safe on a straight transfer to your server

My point is only that they need to be very careful how they handle name issues if they need to merge servers.

I can put up with a lot from an MMORPG, but that's the one thing that I won't put up with. Take my name, take my identity, lose my subscription.

I am okay with anything as long as they merge it as soon as possible cause right now its becoming a single player game.

Right now there is no ETA on server merges .. Transfers for Asia Pacific end around end of April with transfers for everyone else sometime later

Right now there is no ETA on server merges .. Transfers for Asia Pacific end around end of April with transfers for everyone else sometime later

Yeah were looking at a significant amount of time with things only getting worse till then. Lets hope they do transfer properly, I better not see a 25 dollar price tag on them cause I got alts I'd want to bring.

The reason this is such an active topic (4+ threads) is because most people don't want to wait another month or two. BioWare is introducing new content when a significant portion of the user base can't even experience the existing content. There's no level 50 PVP on my server. That in itself is a game breaker for many people.

Merge the servers already or offer free transfers. Bioware is losing money hand over fist at this moment in regards to this issue.

Agreed. My server is slowly dying, and I don't have any intention of rerolling just to play on a populated server. Warzone queues are already getting silly, even on the Republic side, and if the server continues to waste away into a ghost town, I will roll something on a different server.....in another game. :o

Existing characters ALWAYS take priority on a naming conflict. So I don't understand what you are so worried about.

Pretty much having the same problem on my server, Just got my alt to 50 (Empire) and I try to pvp to get some gear and all I get is huttball and the only enemy I face is the already fully geared battlemaster 50s on Empire that have been pvping since the beginning. Making warzones same faction I think is just a scapegoat for server merges. It doesn't matter what warzone I'm in if I just keep getting shut down by insanely geared people. The only answer is to merge servers to balance populations. Equal population will at least give me the chance to destroy the real enemy (Republic) with those geared people on my team.

i like that they'll take the time to start a new thread after the old one reach over a 1000 posts but still no response one way or the other, or even "we're looking into it" in the previous thread or this one.

there's to much limbo involved in saying nothing.

Pfft.. lol only 3 pages of QQ tells you how many people actually care about this... :p

Truth is: You rolled at start into a server that said "full" and rolled there because it did not have Queue time, AND un-intelligently assumed it would keep been "full" 3 months afterwards.

Guess what is causing your low server numbers? (HINT* It has nothing to do with subs dropping)

1st People are not playing 24h/7 I used to play about 88 hours a week on December and January now I am playing 24h max a week, doing my dailies, etc. Most people are like this.

2nd Most people when they started to realize that the "normal" pop of their server was not "heavy" or "full" they re-rolled into another bigger server.

How do I know? I have my main in EU server and guess what our numbers have all but increased. I see normally 150-250 people in prime hour in my server.

Now is the moment when I point my finger at the people in these 3 pages and say "I LAUGH AT YOU HAHAHAHA!"

Lesson of The Story: Even in gaming the easy way, is not the best way ;)