The only hood-down Jedi robe is to be a random cartel pack drop!

Alec_Fortescue

http://www.swtor-spy.com/item-single/Conservators_Robe/32608/ - this is the one from the launcher picture

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/cb/2012_thumbs/f2p_option/jedi_ald_854x480.jpg - that's how the whole set looks like. Look up the rest of the icons.

And this is where it drops from:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/item-single/Conservators_Upper_Body_Armor/21096/

Do you think it's a good move?!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue
The only hood-down Jedi robe is a ranom cartel pack drop!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware is making it hard to respect them as a developer anymore... I really am starting to despise how they do things. How long have Jedi Knight's been asking for a hood down robe, and now they make us pay real money for it and not only that, but it is just about pure chance to get it... Very bad move Bioware and very greedy.

Bioware is making it hard to respect them as a developer anymore... I really am starting to despise how they do things. How long have Jedi Knight's been asking for a hood down robe, and now they make us pay real money for it and not only that, but it is just about pure chance to get it... Very bad move Bioware and very greedy.

If you're subbed you get like 1500 cartel coins "free" and 150 every month you continue to sub. What does it matter if you have to get it off the market? You're getting a return on your first year's investment.

If you're subbed you get like 1500 cartel coins "free" and 150 every month you continue to sub. What does it matter if you have to get it off the market? You're getting a return on your first year's investment.

They could have just added a armor like this long ago, it is just greedy that they add a armor like this now on the cartel store and only in the darn cartel pack drops. Which means they may be very hard to get, who knows what kind of price they will go for on the marketplace, probably very high because of the demand.

They could have just added a armor like this long ago, it is just greedy that they add a armor like this now on the cartel store and only in the darn cartel pack drops. Which means they may be very hard to get, who knows what kind of price they will go for on the marketplace, probably very high because of the demand.

That's baseless speculation.

They're a company. They need to make a profit, that isn't greed, that's business.

HOOD DOWN function was PROMISED to arrive this year! After 1.2! Now the only Jedi robe with a hood down will be in the cartel pack AND considering the amount of random rubbish they contain we won't even get our hands on them by spending the bonus coins we've got . The monthly grant is only enough to buy yourself one better cartel pack. This is ridiculous that the only hood down robe is available in such form. I'd gladly buy it if it was sold like the destroyer set but it's not.

This is what we get after a year of subbing and supporting the game? The only hood down robe won't even be available to most of us without spending lots of real money?

They're a company. They need to make a profit, that isn't greed, that's business.

Baseless speculation? Check out the source i provided. It is found ONLY in the cartel pack. And considering how much a JEDI robe with a hood down was demanded they will be very expensive credit-wise to get. They might be as common as dancer tops but everyone will want to get those.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

http://www.swtor-spy.com/item-single/Conservators_Robe/32608/ - this is the one from the launcher picture

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/cb/2012_thumbs/f2p_option/jedi_ald_854x480.jpg - that's how the whole set looks like. Look up the rest of the icons.

And this is where it drops from:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/item-single/Conservators_Upper_Body_Armor/21096/

Do you think it's a good move?!

I think it's a great move...if all you can think about is a hood on a robe...put your money where your mouth is...pony up the points and buy it.

Otherwise don't buy it...keep complaining...and see what happens. Who cares?

Business is not making an item that you are well-aware consumers want and was promised to consumers earlier in the year as a GENERAL FEATURE and putting it only in your gamble packs.

It is greed. Anybody who manages to get this from a pack could easily make 3-4 mill + from selling it.

Edited by Stncold

Business is not making an item that you are well-aware consumers want and was promised to consumers earlier in the year as a GENERAL FEATURE and putting it only in your gamble packs.

It is greed. Anybody who manages to get this from a pack could easily make 3-4 mill + from selling it.

This. I think i'll bring it to the general forums but it's still rather early before we'll actually get this item in the game. I still hope they're gonna add more hood-down stuff before this one.

Dam them, now I will end up spending all my coins on the random packs just to get it.:rak_frown:

True. Not happy about this, but there's nothing else I want from cartel shop. On the bright side, only one class wants these out of seven. Every non Jedi will sell it if they get it, so I think they'll pop up on the GTN pretty frequently.

What the hell does it matter? If it came out while the game was still subscription based you, for all intents and purposes, would have paid money for it.

You don't even have to shell out anymore cash than you need to on it because if you started from launch and stayed subbed you should have 1500 coins. Go to town on it.

I think there should be way more hood down robe options by now, and I want a hood toggle yes today, but I don't think this robe will be that expensive, as seven out of eight classes won't need it and will sell it whenever they get it.

True. Not happy about this, but there's nothing else I want from cartel shop. On the bright side, only one class wants these out of seven. Every non Jedi will sell it if they get it, so I think they'll pop up on the GTN pretty frequently.

Lol hope it doesnt sell for like 1 mil credits.

Lol hope it doesnt sell for like 1 mil credits.

Hood down robe that will probably be extremely rare? 3 mill at the least.

Jedi Battlelord chest regularly sells for 1-2 mill, and it's not even worth that in my opinion. People will definitely pay a lot for this.

What the hell does it matter? If it came out while the game was still subscription based you, for all intents and purposes, would have paid money for it.

You don't even have to shell out anymore cash than you need to on it because if you started from launch and stayed subbed you should have 1500 coins. Go to town on it.

Right because 1500 coins is guaranteed to get it from a chance pack.

Edited by Stncold

Does anyone know if this is actually on the PTS and thus in for 1.5? Some datamined things are "dormant" so to speak.

Conservator's armor is not on PTS. It was datamined and it was shown all the f2p pictures so I hope it will be added on 15th... Hell look at them advertising 15th f2p conversion with this armor!

More cartel packs were datamined too so it is likely that Conservator's armor will arrive in the next cartel pack season. I'd hate to wait more for a finished hood down robe. It is actually true what others were saying: they have hood down robes, they're just withdrawing from releasing them!

Conservator's armor is not on PTS. It was datamined and it was shown all the f2p pictures so I hope it will be added on 15th... Hell look at them advertising 15th f2p conversion with this armor!

More cartel packs were datamined too so it is likely that Conservator's armor will arrive in the next cartel pack season. I'd hate to wait more for a finished hood down robe. It is actually true what others were saying: they have hood down robes, they're just withdrawing from releasing them!

Well let's hope they are released in two days. It is not an exaggeration to say that when I get a hood down Jedi robe I will be five hundred times for excited about this game, and when hood toggle comes I will probably be back to playing every day.

Looking through the info that was data mined.

There are 8 sets of armor (1 for each class) that seem to drop from the cartel packs. Of those 8, 2 were found in the packs that were on the PTS (Trailblazer and Spymaster).

It does suck even more that they are putting these items in the random packs, instead of just selling the pieces by themselves. Which if they did, they'd still make their money (even more so) from the sales of just those items. But what do we get, individual sales of chest pieces that are already available in the game.

Well now real money is involved.

If you could buy it like you could buy the other orange outfits on the Cartel Store, everything would be fine. Relatively fine, at least. However, no doubt there are people who will spend A LOT of money in an attempt to get this robe, and they'll probably feel very cheated for when hood-toggle actually arrives in the game.

How long are we supposed to wait? Like the OP said, hood-toggle was promised for 1.2 or the next major content patch. You could say it's smart business to put a very desired item in an RNG box, but I wouldn't say that it is smart business to antagonize your customers.

I am not going to try my luck with the boxes, I'll continue to wait for the actual hood-toggle to appear. :/

Edited by Majspuffen