Some thoughts of the Sith Warrior story

Slowpokeking

Just finished it, It's overall, good for a "Darth Vader" type of character, unlike SI you fought the republic and the Jedi a lot, also got chance to manipulate and corrupt people, even a Jedi Master.

The flaws, well, chapter 2 is kinda of boring and too rushed, as a council member Darth Vengen fell too quickly. Chapter 3 became pure powerplay again, you even have to work with a Jedi to finish Baras' sister.

I think it could be better if chapter 2 has more powerplay rather than mostly straightforward and a betrayal in the end, let Vengen and Baras fight each other and you finish them all. Chapter 3 will focus more on fighting the republic and the Jedi. Since the Jedi Knight got chance to fight the Emperor, Sith Warrior should be able to challenge Satele Shan as their final mission.

The worst part of the plot:

Quinn betrayed you, wanted to kill you for Baras and you didn't much to punish him? Not to say kill him, at least put a shock collar on his neck!

Edited by Slowpokeking

Just finished it, It's overall, good for a "Darth Vader" type of character, unlike SI you fought the republic and the Jedi a lot, also got chance to manipulate and corrupt people, even a Jedi Master.

The flaws, well, chapter 2 is kinda of boring and too rushed, as a council member Darth Vengen fell too quickly. Chapter 3 became pure powerplay again, you even have to work with a Jedi to finish Baras' sister.

I think it could be better if chapter 2 has more powerplay rather than mostly straightforward and a betrayal in the end, let Vengen and Baras fight each other and you finish them all. Chapter 3 will focus more on fighting the republic and the Jedi. Since the Jedi Knight got chance to fight the Emperor, Sith Warrior should be able to challenge Satele Shan as their final mission.

Quinn betrayed you, wanted to kill you for Baras and you didn't much to punish him? Not to say kill him, at least put a shock collar on his neck!

Vengean fell so quickly because his demise was already in the works by Baras, this is not really outright stated but implied and you can infer as much.

Also, no way would Baras get his hands dirty and fight Vengean. First, he has to at least project an air of innocence as per the Sith custom; second, he simply would not fight someone he considers his lesser. The only reason he fights the SW directly is because his lackey failed in killing the SW and the SW is the only one actively standing in his way in his quest for power.

The point about Quinn is a sore spot for many who played the SW story. the only explanation I can offer is that the choice to kill him was in the early days of beta when you could kill companions. This was changed due to the community raging over losing companions forever. It just seems like BioWare never got around to fixing the cutscene to make sense with the changes, along with the whole Wrath/Darth part to the ending.

Who knows, maybe the option to kill or maim Quinn in some way will be added as we gain more and more companions.

Objection: You don't corrupt the Jedi Master, you only expose it. If you play light side, he is all the same. He fell to the Dark Side during his campaigns against Baras, but hid it from the Jedi order. (And maybe also lied to himself.)

I'd like to have an option: Either remain loyal and side with Baras, or betray him and side with the Emperor, or a light side option were you secretly work together with the Jedi.

Killing Satele Shan won't be good, I think. She can't do the Emperor's trick. Also, going against your master is the ultimate accomplishment of a Sith, isn't it?

I'd like to have an option: Either remain loyal and side with Baras, or betray him and side with the Emperor, or a light side option were you secretly work together with the Jedi.

Killing Satele Shan won't be good, I think. She can't do the Emperor's trick. Also, going against your master is the ultimate accomplishment of a Sith, isn't it?

We don't have to kill her, the story can be we defeated her but she ran away by some rescue.

No, for great Sith, kill their master is just the beginning, like Sadow, Kun, Sidious.

Vengean fell so quickly because his demise was already in the works by Baras, this is not really outright stated but implied and you can infer as much.

And he did nothing to prevent it? That's weak for a council member and Baras' master.

Also, no way would Baras get his hands dirty and fight Vengean. First, he has to at least project an air of innocence as per the Sith custom; second, he simply would not fight someone he considers his lesser. The only reason he fights the SW directly is because his lackey failed in killing the SW and the SW is the only one actively standing in his way in his quest for power.

But we can manipulate him into that, such as sold him to Vengean, let Vengean go to his office and start the fight. Then we will let both sides got badly injured and kill them both.

As for Quinn, can't we put a shock collar on his neck?

And he did nothing to prevent it? That's weak for a council member and Baras' master.

He had no idea he was being manipulated to enacting Plan Zero nor that Baras was planning his downfall until it was too late. This isn't the Rule of Two era, where apprentices kill the Masters explicitly so while Vengean may have been a fool for not suspecting Baras was plotting against him; it isn't automatic that he should have prepared for it.

As far as he was concerned Baras was working with him to kick off the war again and to make a power grab in the now hot war; by the time he put two and two together it was too late.

But we can manipulate him into that, such as sold him to Vengean, let Vengean go to his office and start the fight. Then we will let both sides got badly injured and kill them both.

It's possible we could have done that but at that point in the story we weren't ready to face someone of Baras' power without a lot of backup to which Venegan did not appear to have. I say again even, Baras would never fight Vengean because he considers him a lesser being. Baras has multiple apprentices and would have just unleashed them on Vengean had he come to Baras' office.

Vengean is cleary no match for Baras in terms of power, planning,tactics,manipulation and duplicity so why in the world would the SW bet on the losing horse? Even if the SW suspected Baras would betray them in the end, better to gather power and bide your time until Baras is weak or you have powerful allies and then strike.

As for Quinn, can't we put a shock collar on his neck?

It' s your opinion that Venegean was too weak and was killed to quickly for a DC member, and you are entitled to it. But I disagree given how many DC members have fallen in all the class stories it seems they aren't as powerful as we are led to believe. In terms of power and those you should fear, I'd put The Emperor,The Dread Masters, the SW and SI, then some members of the DC like Vowrawn,Marr,Ravage and Jadus, followed by the IA,BH,a bunch of Moffs and then the rest of the DC;but thats my opinion.

If you recall, the Emperor's Hands informed you that the Jedi Knight didn't kill the true Emperor, only the vessel of his voice which replaced the one you killed on Voss to release his power and that he was recovering from the shock of losing 2 vessels in such a short period of time. I found the entire story engaging and well written especially the first and final acts, aside from the betrayal which couldn't be properly resolved with the changes to prevent you from killing a companion permanently.

If you recall, the Emperor's Hands informed you that the Jedi Knight didn't kill the true Emperor, only the vessel of his voice which replaced the one you killed on Voss to release his power and that he was recovering from the shock of losing 2 vessels in such a short period of time. I found the entire story engaging and well written especially the first and final acts, aside from the betrayal which couldn't be properly resolved with the changes to prevent you from killing a companion permanently.

I don't think it's the voice, the voice got no such power, it couldn't even kill itself under the imprison of Sel Makor. Scourge shouldn't be mistaken either. Also they said it would take time for the Emperor to create a new voice.

I don't think it's the voice, the voice got no such power, it couldn't even kill itself under the imprison of Sel Makor. Scourge shouldn't be mistaken either. Also they said it would take time for the Emperor to create a new voice.

There really is no denying that it wasn't the Emperor's true body that the JK fought. The letter from the Emperor's Hand and the ending companion quest from Kira during the JK storyline make it pretty clear the Emperor is still alive. Add in the fact that the Emperor has been out of the known galaxy for years, the fact that he wears a mask in Act II of the JK story(to hide the fact that the current Voice is a Voss) and anyone that is in the Emperor's true presence seems to go a bit nutter(Servant 2) and that pretty much seals it.

The Voice was trapped on Voss via a deal struck with Sel-Makor and an unnamed Sith Lord,most likely Baras.The Voice is capable of holding a segment of the Emperor's power and given how powerful he is said to be, its completely plausible that we have only seen the Voice and never have seen the Emperor's true body.

As for Scourge, force Visions are notoriously unreliable to an absolute and show a possibility of the future, they aren't gospel. Most likely Scourge foresaw the JK defeat what he believed to be The Emperor and assumed the JK would kill him, but Scourge has probably never been in the actual presence of the Emperor himself; he more than likely was around another of the Emperor's vessels or Voices and took it to be the Emperor. Again evidence supporting this is Scourge seems relatively sane while we know that being in the Emperor's direct presence warps your mind.

try this:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340056

It's long but worth it. Ranadiel's collection of known information about the Emperor, his part in class stories and the galaxy and guesses based on evidence.

Edited by Temeluchus

Anyway, it will be cool to fight Shan rather than just face Baras in the end.

Well we might get the chance at some point since the letters the SW gets at the end seems to imply that the SW will be sent to get revenge on those who helped in the plot to kill the voice.

Maybe Quinn should get nearly killed by the sw, and becomes a cyborg, deus ex style ( the newest one, with the cybernetic augments, and becomes very dark:D

i kind of role play that he did i origionally had him in imperial officors uniform to suit his status as captain i then rp that my chocking him crushed his vocal chord and windpipe so he requires a mask (the maurader one) to breath i also took his unifrom gave it to vette (since she is my wife) and made him wear a agent armor that looks all technical.

so now i have a darth vader like healer following me around.

As for Scourge, force Visions are notoriously unreliable to an absolute and show a possibility of the future, they aren't gospel. Most likely Scourge foresaw the JK defeat what he believed to be The Emperor and assumed the JK would kill him, but Scourge has probably never been in the actual presence of the Emperor himself; he more than likely was around another of the Emperor's vessels or Voices and took it to be the Emperor. Again evidence supporting this is Scourge seems relatively sane while we know that being in the Emperor's direct presence warps your mind.

try this:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340056

It's long but worth it. Ranadiel's collection of known information about the Emperor, his part in class stories and the galaxy and guesses based on evidence.

i wouls say its possible that he saw a vision of a battle with the knight and the emperor but it as not that fight.