Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?

ThadiusMoor

Ok, so I spent a good while farming up the tokens to buy the access to the Umbara Exchange Area where you buy the new stronghold. I finally got there, all excited, happily buying the token and using it immediately, I run over to the elevator, take it down and run over to the stronghold board to buy the new train and...

"You can only have 6 strongholds active at any one time. Please deactivate one of your strongholds in order to buy this one."

:jawa_frown::jawa_evil::jawa_frown::jawa_evil::jawa_frown::jawa_evil::jawa_frown::jawa_evil:

Seriously... Really... Are you actually saying, "hey, here is a great new stronghold for your collection of strongholds, but wait, you have to throw away one you already spent a ton of money on in order to buy this new shiney thing we made."

If this was intentional, you just made the new content instantly dead on arrival for the vast majority of players.

That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Edited by ThadiusMoor

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you only can have a few active at one time. I only have 3 which is the 1 free 1 then the 2 capital worlds and thats it. So if i can get this game patched with 5.4 then i could get the train. But i cant cause its the patching expect is screwed and besides, i rather have my own personal Ship The Fury as a traveling Stronghold.

Ok, so I spent a good while farming up the tokens to buy the access to the Umbara Exchange Area where you buy the new stronghold. I finally got there, all excited, happily buying the token and using it immediately, I run over to the elevator, take it down and run over to the stronghold board to buy the new train and...

"You can only have 6 strongholds active at any one time. Please deactivate one of your strongholds in order to buy this one."

I had this same experience this morning. Why didn't they mention this limit of 6 strongholds before? I only went through the grind because I thought it would add another 25% bonus to conquest points.

It's a reasonable expectation to think that you would be able to have 7 active strongholds now. They set a precedent for it with the last 2 strongholds, but previously we were limited to 4.

It would have been nice to hear one way or the other from BioWare before we spent all that time in a BUGGY AF instance to grind out the currency.

It's a reasonable expectation to think that you would be able to have 7 active strongholds now. They set a precedent for it with the last 2 strongholds, but previously we were limited to 4.
Exactly how I feel!!!

It would have been nice to hear one way or the other from BioWare before we spent all that time in a BUGGY AF instance to grind out the currency.

Why would we hear from them? They don't care. We're just income to them, not people.

I had this same experience this morning. Why didn't they mention this limit of 6 strongholds before? I only went through the grind because I thought it would add another 25% bonus to conquest points.

Me too! At least, we can inform guildies and save them the time and grind.

Since I completed the title 'Galactic Conqueror' over 2 years ago I have no need for conquest. To make sure I have all my best decos in my preferred stronghold I deactivated all but one.

My question for you is: Do you actually visit all of your strongholds?

:rolleyes: I know you'll say yes to prove a point

Since I completed the title 'Galactic Conqueror' over 2 years ago I have no need for conquest. To make sure I have all my best decos in my preferred stronghold I deactivated all but one.

Yes, I actually do.

I use them as a single-point travel method to go to the planets those strongholds are located on, and while going there, I also bank, check the gtn, mail, and repair.

Yes, I could just use my ship, or just port directly to those planets using the map, however, with all the stronghold services in my strongholds, I prefer to make the pit-stop on the way.

Some people actually do care about their strongholds.

Edited by ThadiusMoor

I do, all the time. First off, I genuinely enjoy decorating, and like changing things up every now and again as new decos come out. Second, I'm a roleplayer, and I often use my strongholds to run events, or to have private RPs involving my characters who actually live/work in the settings of said strongholds.

How about you not declare no one does something and insinuate anyone who says they do is lying, just because you don't do it, kiddo? :rolleyes:

Edited by AscendingSky

I do. Each of my toons lives in a different stronghold. So I use them all. I have 3 in DK, 3 in Tatooine, 2 in Coruscant, 2 in NS, 2 in Manaan and 1 in Yavin.

Unless the patch notes specifically said they were increasing the number of strongholds you could have, why would you assume they had increased the number of strongholds you could have?

Every time they've increased it, there has been a specific mention of the increase.

Unless the patch notes specifically said they were increasing the number of strongholds you could have, why would you assume they had increased the number of strongholds you could have?

Every time they've increased it, there has been a specific mention of the increase.

Because the last couple times they've added a stronghold they've also increased the cap? Being honest I just assumed without digging through the patch notes. If the 15% vs 25% thong is true I won't be buying the SH either...

That's not even the worst. If you deactivate one to get your Umbara stronghold, it only adds 15% to your stronghold bonus, instead of the 50% we had with Manaan.

I can't say about the Umbara one, but Manaan, like all the others, allowed you to add 25% to your stronghold bonus, just like all the others. I went from 125% to 150% It is 1/4 of your total completion of the SH (so you have to unlock every room and decorate up to the hook limit in order to get 100% completion and the full +25% SH bonus).

Bioware's lack of communication lately is not the players fault, we've asked...we've just been ignored. All of last week good questions were ignored. Why would anyone assume they'd backtrack on what the last 2 strongholds have done, which is increase the cap? Edited by TUXs

Yah... this was just bare bones, flat-out, *wrong* and anyone with a spoonful of emotional intelligence would have anticipated the kind of anger it's eliciting.

"We have a surprise new stronghold!"

Great!

"We're doing something new with the unlock and access!"

Ooooookay, well, that sounds interesting. Way to think out of the box, like that you're trying something new, and we'll see how it goes.

"It released today! But you can't have it because we've hidden it behind a weekly cap you can't mathematically achieve the first week!"

Wait, um what? That bites. But I guess I can grind that fp so I can get it next Tuesday morning.

"Great job on that grind! BTW, you can't have the stronghold unless you deactivate one of the other strongholds you spent credits on and lots of time decorating."

You've *got* to be joking here.

I came on the forums looking for an announcement that it's a bug because I can't fathom they wouldn't have foreseen this potential blowback and taken steps to mitigate it before the 5.4 drop, either in communication or by increasing the limit. Of course people are upset. Our willingness to sink time into repeating a flashpoint over and over would likely have been quite different if we had known we wouldn't end up with an additional stronghold at the end.

It's a technical issue. Get over it.

No, it's really not. It's a communication issue. It's a decision-making issue. It's a poor-planning issue.

It's not technically unfeasible to increase the stronghold limit. Perhaps it's technically difficult requiring additional coding and QA hours, and perhaps the decision was made that the effort was too involved, too expensive or would take away from later deliverables that were deemed more important.

But the decision to not increase the limit should have been communicated as to inform their users that grinding the fp over and over would be a waste of their time. That is why people are not getting over it.

First of all, everybody who thinks it's a grind to get this SH needs to get their heads checked. Running a flash point a few times does not qualify for grind. It just means your terribly lazy. You have the right to be lazy, just call it what it is.

Now, for the main topic.

BW have had the reactivation mechanic from the beginning. However, with each SH that was released there was also an increase in the total number of SHs you could have active. That was a patttern, but it was not a promise. I do get that it caught people off guard.

What BW should have done BEFORE releasing 5.4 is write this as part of the announcements or patch notes:

New Stronghold in Umbara. Please note:

You will not be able to get it till week two because of the weekly cap on the currency. We understand not everybody is happy with that but this is as intended.

Secondly, we will not be expanding the maximum amount of SHs you can have active with this release. So choose wisely.

Lastly, we said it is a smaller SH, but it is a fairly long train and will require over 400 decorations to fill up.

This is the sort of stuff I would like them to communicate. I do have a problem with them not communicating this properly so it actually causes unpleasant surprises. I do not understand that they leave this sort of thing out, when it can only lead to disappointment.

Also the hook placement on this SH is again terrible, albeit somewhat better than Manaan.

Personally I was ok with the weekly cap and I am ok with not being able to have all SH active. But I do understand other people's disappointment. What I do have a problem with is that it actually is a lot bigger than I thought it would be and have just gained another Stronghold I won't be able to fill up in a nice way because it will require too many decorations that I do not have enough of.

You still need to address the decoration issues. There are not enough copies available and not enough variety in basic types of things that you need to put together a nice Stronghold.

So sadly, it fails again. BW, you really need to open up the discussion with decorators because you barely respond to decorater complaints and you don't seem to get that there are some real issues that keep it from being a fully hobby within the game, which it could and should be really.

Edited by Tsillah

It's a technical issue. Get over it.

Yup.

Bioware technically have no clue what they are doing; they technically don't care about players' very valid concerns, and finally they technically CBA to even attempt to genuinely communicate with us.

Is that "technical" enough for you?

All The Best