Class Feedback

1. How do you think your Gunslinger spec is perceived by other classes?

I use Saboteur and don't often group up since a lot of my most damaging abilities (an AoE, and a high-damage strike that also causes damage to enemies near my target specifically) also break CCs left and right. I feel like in encounters where CCs are important to keep up other classes would view my build as a risk.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Fun to play. I'll be honest, even though I don't group up a lot with my Gunslinger, it's a lot of fun to solo PvE content with. It's a blast to throw grenades, shock charges, and set off explosions. I miss being able to use charged burst after exiting cover, but quickshot is nice for added mobility.

Edited by relayinabox
added additional thoughts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP SS

I don't care what others think, it is a good fun spec. Generally, the better the team is the better I am. I like it in ranked. It is very underrated defensively. It does not go down that fast, it has a lot of counters. It does not have the objective abilities of other classes, (things like stealth and tanking, pull leap) are great for that but other things like root and AoE stun give it a nice niche.

Edited by richardya

• 3 weeks later...

How is my class perceived my others?

Squishy. Easy meat in PvP and in need of constant vigilance from healers in PvE.

My own opinion of my spec?

I play Sabslinger spec which at least means I can dps and make a nuissance of myself while moving and still maintain a hefty amount of dps whilst in cover. My biggest gripe is the amount of time it takes to get out of cover which often means gunslingers get caught out by AoE attacks unnecessarily. I had to remove the ability to use natural cover in favour of just using the personal shield as this prevented me from rolling into cover outside my field of view which i found irritating. Tech damage also doesn't stack up as high as a similarly equipped commando. Challenging to play well. Could do with more CC breakers as perma stunned in PvP gets old.

• 3 months later...

Gunslinger, Sharpshooter, PvE-Exp only

1. Most Wanted in raids for defense screen, e.g. TFB Kephess burn phase etc. and extreme DPS. Not so much liked by healers since perceived a "glass cannon" but still preferred to melee DPS. Hated by equally equipped tanks for pulling aggro for the second time after aggro reduce is on CD.

2. I'm a smuggler because I've always wanted to be, alle game mechanics aside, and I'm still more than happy with that decision since it's simply a very cool and stylish class (as everyone says, which probably does not add to its coolness - but what the heck, it's still better than any of those Jedi with their esoterical yaddayadda ;-)

Immersion is a little better with a knight though (ok got me, I've actually got one too) since you feel more in the thick of it as a melee dps or tank - especially with sound changes / bugs in recent patches for smugglers.

Balancing high DPS against survivability is the key challenge both in infight performance / tactics as in gear optimization. That goes especially for raidwide damage that can't be avoided at all (not fair as you tend to be lower on max HP than your raidmates) or requires the hunker down talent (fair deal, at least you theoretically have a choice here). But then dancing on the edge of a razor's knife comes natural to any true smuggler, though just like any other class I wouldn't object if the knife were a wee bit less sharp :-)

BTW: Great game, makes my day every day, keep it up :-)

• 2 months later...

1. Perceived as pure dps class with no other options other than dps and with that notion a little light on the dps. There is large amounts of Dps loss due to cover in/out so often not very good on moderate to heavy moving fights due to this pushing down our possible APM further than just movement. Good enough to bring in NiM ops however supper squishy especially with the amount of agro flyby causes on mobs (if they do not die soon after it). We have two main uses: flyby for ads, and AOE Shield for emergencies. If neither are need just go with a commando that has does more dps more aoe's and can heal in a pinch. Boiled down not good enough as pure dps needs a buff.

2. I perceive it as a class with two different dps options: AOE (sab) or Single (DF). SS is by far the lowest dps unless your setting in front of a dummy, even then a good rotations in my DF build I can out dps my SS spec. I also feel that out dps suffers do to the 2 handed weapons. I have a sniper with the exact same gear set-up which does about 50 - 100 more dps. I also perceive this class as a very complicated rotation for optimum dps. It would be better to simplify it as in DF you have a rotation of 9 - 11 buttons verses 4 or 5 with commandos/sages/watchmen etc. While I like it not being too simple that is a little excessive. I feel it is the most fun class I have played (played them all to 50) but just needs a slight dps and health buff. It could be as simple as a 15 sec boost to dps every 3 mins.