Best Armor?

mongorsf

Hi all, try not to flame the newbie, but all this different armor, its hard to know which is best on a regular basis or for endgame?

I have a lvl43 biochem (main), lvl 31 cybertech, and a lvl 14 synthweaver. (all sith sorc)

Using a combo of my alts, I can create a mostly orange set for my main, with all the purple armoring/mods/augs required (and buy the purple enhancements I need) to make an all orange augmented purple slot filled set of armor.

Is there anything better than this? i.e. pvp armor, etc.

My synthweaver can make purple armor also, with aug spots, but never wasted the time to make a purple of something that I already have an orange for. The only Purple armor I have made is wrists and belt because I cant find orange for these spots. I also have the battlemaster plans for when my main hits 50 (man i spent ALOT of credits trying for aug spots in this set)

Thanks for any help,

Skye

Hi all, try not to flame the newbie, but all this different armor, its hard to know which is best on a regular basis or for endgame?

I have a lvl43 biochem (main), lvl 31 cybertech, and a lvl 14 synthweaver. (all sith sorc)

Using a combo of my alts, I can create a mostly orange set for my main, with all the purple armoring/mods/augs required (and buy the purple enhancements I need) to make an all orange augmented purple slot filled set of armor.

Is there anything better than this? i.e. pvp armor, etc.

My synthweaver can make purple armor also, with aug spots, but never wasted the time to make a purple of something that I already have an orange for. The only Purple armor I have made is wrists and belt because I cant find orange for these spots. I also have the battlemaster plans for when my main hits 50 (man i spent ALOT of credits trying for aug spots in this set)

Thanks for any help,

Skye

PVE

When you ding 50 you will get 126 purple armour mods/barrels/hilts from doing daily q's plus you can get some 126 purple mods and enhancements from a couple of the q's as rewards (the armour mods/barrels/hilts are from daily tokens).

This will be your basic PVE set for doing story mode OPs and some HM flashpoints to get your Columni gear, once you have a certain amount of Columni gear you can start doing HM Ops also and start getting your Rakata gear. IF you have a decent bunch of guys to group with on a regular basis you can easily get all this gear in a couple of weeks whilst still having a life. The final tier of PVE gear at the moment is Blackhole/Campaign gear, I will let someone else explain that to you as my server died on its arse before that content was available.

N.B. The level 49 purples that your cybertech can craft are inferior to the daily armour and mods so are not really worth bothering with.

PVP

Ding 50 then buy the recruit set for your class for about 350k or so (mix and match between the different sets available for your class to get the best secondary stats that suit your style), grind WZ to get to valour level 50 or whatever they lowered it to now and accumulate WZ tokens for buying Battlemaster gear, grind more to get to Valour level 60 or whatever they lowered it to now and get your Warhero gear there is a final level of gear above War hero but someone else can explain that to you as my server died on its arse before that content was available.

N.B once you are getting BM armour pieces you can strip the mods out and put them in augmented crafted orange armour of your preference. Stripping mods out of armour is eyewateringly expensive but you should have a ton of cash from all the dailys you will have been running.

Thats sort of it but somebody else will prob explain it in a more detailed fashion

Forget dailies (other than black hole). For pve battlemaster armor is effectively the step between columi and rakata. So just get the battlemaster stuff.

But the absolute best armor in the game is an orange augmented set with 5 warhero enhancements, 7 warhero mods, and 7 campaign armorings, using the legacy belt and bracer if you don't have other orange bracers or belts.

The only things crafted and best in slot atm are crit crafted armor, +41 crystals, and crit crafted black hole implants and earpieces; everything else is transient.

The only dailies you should worry about are the dailies/weeklies that get you black hole comms. Use those to get your implants, ear piece and relic. If you know a crafter who has the pattern for implants or earpiece they may be able to crit craft it.

For those that don't know, warhero mods and enhancements have the exact same stats as campaign mods and enhancements plus expertise.

Edited by Lxkane