[Music] Constant music option / loop please

llesna

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Devs ever going to fix this? I did not even realize how bad this situation was until today. I listened to some swtor music on youtube today and found out that I have NEVER heard ANY of the songs in their entirety while in game. I have been playing since launch and have 5 50s and countless mid level characters. And yet I have never heard half of the music that was made for this game. We are about to have the first expansion come out and we still don't have consistent in-game music? This needs to be moved up on the priorities list.

• 1 month later...

This is an imperative feature for my own personal immersion, I don't want to listen to my own music -- I want to listen to the music in the game. Music needs to be louder, and absolutely needs a looping option. I find that over half the time I'm playing there's nothing audible going on. (For that matter, half the time my speeder doesn't make noise!)

P.S. How will we ever know when a suggestion has been accepted or in review? Seeing as this thread is about a year old, it leads me to believe that the developers don't care or don't actually take suggestions.

...we're definitely open to providing more customizable options for music looping and frequency in the future; it's something we'd like to take a look at.

I feel like this needs to be added to the list of DOZENS of UI and immerison improvments that get a cute little post like this... then never materialize.

~3 months later...

We certainly haven't forgotten! As soon as we have any more information about music looping, we'll definitely post it!

~5 months later...

*chrip* *chirp*

I've gotten so I just switch the SWTOR music off, then have a web browser open in the background streaming music from a radio station I like.... Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...
WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE THIS YET?! Even Blizzard did this before WotLK. You obviously have the tech for a repeat button if a smartphone can do it and Blizzard did it in how many games before SW:TOR was even ANNOUNCED?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is beyond ridiculous now that they still have not implemented this, sound in general in this game seems to be taking a back seat, more and more audio bugs are creeping in each patch when older ones continue to persist ( Missing Jedi Knights swooshing sounds for certain abilities and saber contact sounds when hitting opponents "Sundering strike" for example, Scoundrels "Quick shot" going from Boom when used to complete silence now, "Tracer missile" making no build up or launch sound, the list goes on and on ) I'm beginning to wonder if Bioware even has a sound team working on this game any more...Star wars was in large part about iconic sounds.

The hum of a saber (which is another bugged sound that has gone to almost complete silence unless you're moving causing the volume of it to go up and down drastically when moving and stopping), the orchestral music that as pointed out doesn't loop so most of the time complete silence...what is Bioware doing...

• 1 month later...

/necrosorta

I've been having this issue as well. Often I just play music besides the game's but it's not the same. I'd like it if the music were constantly playing... but I'll have long periods of no music. In fact I'd have to say it's more regular that I don't have music versus do. Perhaps this is a question for tech support. :(

As a Violist and a student of the Juilliard School, I must sign for this idea! If they have so much amazing music (which it seems they do and I'm intensely jealous of the individuals who got to record it in the first place!) why not use it!? Also, as someone who pays attention to everything I hear, I have noticed an immense amount of audio/sound bugs popping up. I really do hope they keep working towards making TOR a wonderful game to hear!

Dear devs,

Whenever I play SWTOR, I like to have music on all the time. As such, I have to turn off the music in-game as it frequently drops out and stops for extended periods of time, leaving me only with music for a fraction of my game time.

For players like myself, we want music to be playing at all times.

The music can still fit to the situation, such as combat, exploring etc., but it shouldn't fade into nothingness.

Please implement an option in-game to keep music on at all times, wherever you are.

Kind regards

llesna

I understand ur issue but I think u should maybe look up Blizzard their sound/music design for WOW to see that it would take far to long for EA's liking to get that level of sound done for game play. Better yet play any sports sim done by EA and you will see they cut music out of the game since it's more real for a sports sim and thus EA are epic fails at the MMO universe since they are to use to making sports games.

Pandora has a station that's named "Star Wars (Film Score)"

That's what I listened to for the longest time, whenever I was logged into SWToR. I switched it to a regular music mix since then, but listening to the Star Wars station was a great constant-music source.

Just a note: Pandora doesn't narrow the songs played on stations, so you'll get a large percentage of non-Star-Wars songs playing, but it's usually good style music for playing SWToR nonetheless. And it does play a Star Trek track every now and then lol

I've resorted to actually creating a playlist of Star Wars music, some of which has been taken from SWTOR itself (like the Alderaan & Voss exploring tracks, etc) & having a constant flow of music that way, & I can mix it to change with any location, or when in battles, etc. The only downside is that the music in the cutscenes is timed very well, so I like to turn it back on for that.

The fact of the matter though is that SWTOR does not really have a whole lot of original music. Most of it are the Cantina tunes…so implementing more music from other games & the movies would be great.

I definitely sign this thread! Game needs a musical overhaul for ambiance.

EA did a fine job with controlling the audio tracks in it's older Need For Speed titles such as Underground 1 and 2 and Most Wanted I think. They gave us the option of turning off/on certain songs that we didnt like to hear and it rotated through different songs for each race.

I would so love this as well. I have great headphones but I have to end up playing music rather than listening to the game.

An ongoing music theme on planets, flashpoints adds to the game so much. I can still hear the music score on Corellia in SWG and remember exploring the place. Fond memories.

Music gives us a memory taste in what we see and play. Make this happen please.

• 1 month later...

Please, I would love to have a checkbox (like WOW and most MMO's) to loop music constantly in the background...when I arrive on Coruscant, the music stops after a short while. Then all I can hear are lame "city" ambiance sounds, with the same speeders FX etc. that's getting on my nerves after questing for hours on the planet - very bad for immersion :(

Thanks in advance.

Edited by smellymetal

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone, I talked to Todd Davies (Audio Director), and he had some information to share with you all!

First off, music should be looping on a fairly regular frequency. There could be some issues preventing this, and we'll definitely take a look and address any bugs we find. Secondly, we're definitely open to providing more customizable options for music looping and frequency in the future; it's something we'd like to take a look at.

Aaaaaaand over a year later, still no music looping option. Just ran dailies for 3 hours and had a total of 12 minutes and change of music playing. Is that what you call looping frequently? This is a joke. In-game music is a core feature and this game is now 2 years old and still can't get this done right? Having your player base tab out and open another site so they can listen to music while they play your game should be embarrassing as a dev. Stop stringing us along and put this feature in the game.

• 2 weeks later...