SWTOR Battlemaster Mercenary PvP [HD]

DkSharktooth

I'm more interested in your gear.

1) Do you remod your BM and champion gear using PvE Aim mods to max out stats?

2) Do you think the accuracy on BM gear is actually useful in any way or should that all be changed out for crit/surge (and power eventually)?

3) Do you use two peices of PvE gear for the 2 peice bonus?

Basically, I'm a BM arsenal merc as well and have pretty much completely given up on my class. Huttball is full of PTs, Ops, Sorcs and Juggs who jump, sprint, stun and interupt you into oblivion. Not only do I often not even get the chance to do damage (the only thing we're good at) because of knockbacks galore (people can just ignore you with a stun, interupt and knockback) but everyone knows about interupts now and I often have 2+ melee on me 50% of the time (the other 50% I'm running back up from the pit or dead because of PTs gripping you into fire).

All the PvP maps don't give a crap about damage, they reward classes who can tank, avoid, manipulate and control others. Juggs, sorcs, ops and PTs are the kings of that. Some people have even stoped inviting mercs to PvP premades because they are pretty much worthless except for damage. I'm one of the few remaining damage mercs on my server, the others went healing or rerolled.

The reason I'm asking about gear is because I have more BM gear than you do and yet I never get crits over 5k, most of my tracer missles hit for 1.5k ish except on sorcs and ops. I CAN'T kill any tank because they are rolling with 20k+ HP and it takes me 10+ tracer missles to bring them down solo which exceeds my heat capacity and I end up rapid shotting.

In short, I feel like you're fighting scrubs who get blown up wearing greens whereas I face premades 24/7 of 2 jugs and 2 sorc healers who use taunt and protection to be basically immune while completely shutting me down. My only hope is that I'm doing something wrong with gear and maybe can squeak out another 500ish damage on hits, otherwise I'm just going to watch from the pit as a CC immune jug with 20k HP walks through fire then jumps to our goal line while laughing at my 800 point tracer missle hits.

I feel your pain dude. Just remember skill always owns gear. If you know u can't kill a tank or a healer, simply DON'T try, don't waste cooldowns, or anything. Simply just punt them into the fire or stun them or unload slow them in fire. Yes I re-mod all my gear to crit surge. I never try to kill "pinball tanks" with healers on them and gaurding the healer unless I know I can. If they are taunting u and just jumping across map, not much u can do unless u get them in fire or continuously punt them. If they are at end zone or u know u can't stop a score, go middle grab ball tell ur buddy to go uptop for a pass, give him ball, walk thro fire sprint to end zone and this creates a cap 4 cap kind of game where 1 team is at end zone and ur at middle getting next ball

Edited by DkSharktooth

Guides? Specs? Come on, this MMO has the most SIMPLE talent trees in any game I've played. It is 100% clear which talents you should get. The difference between a common sense spec and a pro spec may be 10 sec on a cooldown or 2% crit chance.

A different spec won't make your tracer missile crits go from 2500 to 4500. Only 600 expertise, surge, and a 0 expertise target can do that for you.

600 expertise is supposed to compensate for loosing stats from pve gear. In reality, you are loosing armor, endurance, main stat, off stats and pvp gear is just aweful. The damage difference is pretty much the same and you won't notice a difference wearing full columi or full champion gear in survival or dmg or healing. PvP Bonus from expertise is not the same as WOW where it reduces crit damage (surge) and chance to be crit, its just a flat damage reduction.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I'm more interested in your gear.

1) Do you remod your BM and champion gear using PvE Aim mods to max out stats?

2) Do you think the accuracy on BM gear is actually useful in any way or should that all be changed out for crit/surge (and power eventually)?

3) Do you use two peices of PvE gear for the 2 peice bonus?

Basically, I'm a BM arsenal merc as well and have pretty much completely given up on my class. Huttball is full of PTs, Ops, Sorcs and Juggs who jump, sprint, stun and interupt you into oblivion. Not only do I often not even get the chance to do damage (the only thing we're good at) because of knockbacks galore (people can just ignore you with a stun, interupt and knockback) but everyone knows about interupts now and I often have 2+ melee on me 50% of the time (the other 50% I'm running back up from the pit or dead because of PTs gripping you into fire).

All the PvP maps don't give a crap about damage, they reward classes who can tank, avoid, manipulate and control others. Juggs, sorcs, ops and PTs are the kings of that. Some people have even stoped inviting mercs to PvP premades because they are pretty much worthless except for damage. I'm one of the few remaining damage mercs on my server, the others went healing or rerolled.

The reason I'm asking about gear is because I have more BM gear than you do and yet I never get crits over 5k, most of my tracer missles hit for 1.5k ish except on sorcs and ops. I CAN'T kill any tank because they are rolling with 20k+ HP and it takes me 10+ tracer missles to bring them down solo which exceeds my heat capacity and I end up rapid shotting.

In short, I feel like you're fighting scrubs who get blown up wearing greens whereas I face premades 24/7 of 2 jugs and 2 sorc healers who use taunt and protection to be basically immune while completely shutting me down. My only hope is that I'm doing something wrong with gear and maybe can squeak out another 500ish damage on hits, otherwise I'm just going to watch from the pit as a CC immune jug with 20k HP walks through fire then jumps to our goal line while laughing at my 800 point tracer missle hits.

This is why I love my Pyro-spec in PvP

Since you took the time to try and troll me, let me edumacate you.

1- This game is not WOW. That being said, PVP gear does NOT reduce crit damage, crit chance, or anything along those lines. Say someone has full champ gear = 10% dmg reduction. Let's see...6k crit x 10% = 600 dmg reduction from it. Not much can help you there...

2- How much skill do you need to see if I 4-7 shot every1 I target...if they run I can stun or cc, if to many, i punt them away, if I am low, pop cooldowns burst them or stun one, concussion other, run and heal.

Good lesson. Now let me "edumacate" you using real analysis:

Full damage increase/reduction from 650 expertise is around 11.5%

You hit someone with tracer missile with full expertise for 1700 and crit for around 3200. That's about 86% crit bonus from surge. (No relics / adrenals)

Now they have no expertise. So now you're hitting them for around 1900 with Tracer Missle. Critting them for around 3550.

Now let's say they're 50% green geared and 50% blue geared. I would say that that is around the difference of around 3 - 4% damage reduction in armor values. Now you hit them for 2000 and critting for 3750.

Let's add in a surge relic and adrenal! Let's say it gives you an extra 15% bonus to your crit damage (I feel that this may be conservative). Now we're at around 100% bonus. There it is! The 4,000+ crits with Tracer Missle on ungeared players.

4,000+ crits on ungeared players compared to 3,200 crits on geared players. That is a 20% crit damage increase on ungeared players. Not simply only the 10% that you say you have.

MATH!

You also have two rows of buffs in those warzones. God knows where you get all of that, but in the average warzone mid-game I have around 2 player buffs on me. So all of these estimates are quite conservative.

Make an unedited video with no buffs, no pocket healers, and against a majority of champion geared players and we'll see how good you are.

Guides? Specs? Come on, this MMO has the most SIMPLE talent trees in any game I've played. It is 100% clear which talents you should get. The difference between a common sense spec and a pro spec may be 10 sec on a cooldown or 2% crit chance.

A different spec won't make your tracer missile crits go from 2500 to 4500. Only 600 expertise, surge, and a 0 expertise target can do that for you.

You mad bro? Go yell at your wife or mom, dont bring that stuff here...

Good lesson. Now let me "edumacate" you using real analysis:

Full damage increase/reduction from 650 expertise is around 11.5%

You hit someone with tracer missile with full expertise for 1700 and crit for around 3200. That's about 86% crit bonus from surge. (No relics / adrenals)

Now they have no expertise. So now you're hitting them for around 1900 with Tracer Missle. Critting them for around 3550.

Now let's say they're 50% green geared and 50% blue geared. I would say that that is around the difference of around 3 - 4% damage reduction in armor values. Now you hit them for 2000 and critting for 3750.

Let's add in a surge relic and adrenal! Let's say it gives you an extra 15% bonus to your crit damage (I feel that this may be conservative). Now we're at around 100% bonus. There it is! The 4,000+ crits with Tracer Missle on ungeared players.

4,000+ crits on ungeared players compared to 3,200 crits on geared players. That is a 20% crit damage increase on ungeared players. Not simply only the 10% that you say you have.

MATH!

You also have two rows of buffs in those warzones. God knows where you get all of that, but in the average warzone mid-game I have around 2 player buffs on me. So all of these estimates are quite conservative.

Make an unedited video with no buffs, no pocket healers, and against a majority of champion geared players and we'll see how good you are.

There is nobody on my server who can kill me 1 on 1, full champ gear or full battlemasters. I have dueled all the battlemasters on my server, including all sorc healers, operative dps pre-nerf and healers, sorc dps, sniper dps, melee dps...every class.

What you are asking me for is very doable. I will get a 1v1 based video out of what you would consider to be "champion geared" opponents based on their health in a warzone.

This being said, I will have to move out of the way of the objective to get these 1v1's, but it's all good.

There is nobody on my server who can kill me 1 on 1, full champ gear or full battlemasters. I have dueled all the battlemasters on my server, including all sorc healers, operative dps pre-nerf and healers, sorc dps, sniper dps, melee dps...every class.

What you are asking me for is very doable. I will get a 1v1 based video out of what you would consider to be "champion geared" opponents based on their health in a warzone.

This being said, I will have to move out of the way of the objective to get these 1v1's, but it's all good.

Sorry dude but video or it didn't happen and what server is this?

Sharktooth,

Did you like your Pyro build for PvP or Arsenal? I just swapped from an Arsenal spec this morning to your Pyro build. Only got 2 games in before I had to leave for work, felt ok, I had to get used to the new keybindings. Damage didn't seem that bad, even on single target.

Indeed, arsenal is the way to go in pvp, allthough the fact that it relies heavily on spamming tracer missles on a target to get your stacks up , and then just pop heatseeker and rail shot + your instant cast ability is just, given the right gear, a tad overpowered. Coming from a fellow Merc, I've got a question regarding gear, which was probably asked alot before, but here goes anyways. My current gear is around full Columi all over, including columi level implants , weapons and earpieces ( I think). In PvP ( I'm only valor 32-ish or so), would it be worth switching to full centurion(I've got alot of centurion comms but had no luck with Champion level drops yet, apart from the gloves) or just stick with the PvE gear(5/5 columi) . Asking this because I've been doing fairly well with the pve gear so far, in terms of both damage-dealing and survivability...It's just that I feel like I'd loose alot of stats from switching to centurion and only gain more expertise. Is it worth it?

Great video by the way, love the fact that it's slightly informative aswell ! Keep them coming :)

Edited by IDeuss

Indeed, arsenal is the way to go in pvp, allthough the fact that it relies heavily on spamming tracer missles on a target to get your stacks up , and then just pop heatseeker and rail shot + your instant cast ability is just, given the right gear, a tad overpowered. Coming from a fellow Merc, I've got a question regarding gear, which was probably asked alot before, but here goes anyways. My current gear is around full Columi all over, including columi level implants , weapons and earpieces ( I think). In PvP ( I'm only valor 32-ish or so), would it be worth switching to full centurion(I've got alot of centurion comms but had no luck with Champion level drops yet, apart from the gloves) or just stick with the PvE gear(5/5 columi) . Asking this because I've been doing fairly well with the pve gear so far, in terms of both damage-dealing and survivability...It's just that I feel like I'd loose alot of stats from switching to centurion and only gain more expertise. Is it worth it?

Great video by the way, love the fact that it's slightly informative aswell ! Keep them coming :)

Keep the columi gear on it's relatively the same as full champion. The only thing you are missing out is the set bonus really, the pvp bonus is relatively neglegant because it's like 1-2% difference if you do the math. Glad you enjoyed my videos m8.

Sharktooth,

Did you like your Pyro build for PvP or Arsenal? I just swapped from an Arsenal spec this morning to your Pyro build. Only got 2 games in before I had to leave for work, felt ok, I had to get used to the new keybindings. Damage didn't seem that bad, even on single target.

Hey Shizzy,

I actually am now very comfortable with all THREE of the Mercenary specs. It takes a few days to get used to new keybinds if you copied mine, but then it's just a walk in the park. I don't have a preference to which spec I play in PvP, I like them both. I have even come up with a hybrid pyro/arsenal build in which I get all the cool railshots from pyro, get tracer missile for armor debuff, and all the knockbacks from arsenal.

Maybe this has been posted, but I open up your Pyro tech video, you say you are 31 points into pyrotech, and your build at the beginning of the match shows you don't have tracer missle. Then you show footage of you using tracer missle and what looks to be heat seeking missle. This also happen on the first video where you said you were using pyro, yet had abilities pyro doesn't get.

EDIT: Also using shockfrozen water in the vids, not a really good show of what the spec can do.

Edited by Athilias

Maybe this has been posted, but I open up your Pyro tech video, you say you are 31 points into pyrotech, and your build at the beginning of the match shows you don't have tracer missle. Then you show footage of you using tracer missle and what looks to be heat seeking missle. This also happen on the first video where you said you were using pyro, yet had abilities pyro doesn't get.

EDIT: Also using shockfrozen water in the vids, not a really good show of what the spec can do.

My original intent for the video was to show "Arsenal spec clip...that was then...and pyro spec...this is now". There are annotations at the beginning of the video, maybe you turned off your annotations and couldn't see them?