Cant win ????

Legolose

I know I probly going to get this thread deleted or flamed real bad about this but oh well, I played alot of mmo's in my time and your pvp has got so many hacks/exploits that it is impossible to win or for that fact play, tonight I seen 3 troopers mind you 3 of them fly all the way clean across the screen in huttball to get us at are spawn:confused: That aint the worst one the other one I seen tonight on another map was that they where able to put a bomb on are door before are spawn even opened I mean damn ppl this is kinda a big deal when your playing that map "by the way this isnt the first time I seen that happen on that map" Im just saying give us "Legit" players a fighting chance these WoW Hackers are starting to come over and hit this game this is a big reason I never played WoW, to many rumors of hackers and now Im starting to see them on this one so please, I beg you, fix this crap, or at least watch it for us :rolleyes: I really love this game but this is one thing that will drive me away if this problem isnt cleared up:(

Thanks for the rant :eek:

And of course, this is never captured on video. I don't know how many warzones I've played.... And yet I've never seen any of these oh so "common" hacks. Wonder why.

According to your first sentence you are recording all your WZ gameplay on video? Right?

Then it is very simple for you to find out how many warzones you`ve played. Just go in to the directory where you store video files and press Ctrl-A to select them all..

If you are not doing recordings, then why do you expect all other players to do a recordings? Thats a bit silly to expect, no?

Edited by Missandei

To the OP...dont bother reporting here all you do is attract trolls, exploiters and likely those selling the exploits. Open a ticket, record the time, the warzone the name of the players you saw and what you experienced. Trust me Bioware is watching. As of right now we are in pre-season. When Season 1 starts, I think a lot of questionable behavior is going to stop. If you want to know why I think that you can pm me but for now dont waste your time looking for support here.

To the OP...dont bother reporting here all you do is attract trolls, exploiters and likely those selling the exploits. Open a ticket, record the time, the warzone the name of the players you saw and what you experienced. Trust me Bioware is watching. As of right now we are in pre-season. When Season 1 starts, I think a lot of questionable behavior is going to stop. If you want to know why I think that you can pm me but for now dont waste your time looking for support here.

Op ^^^^ is the best advice you could get. I make a ticket and report when I see odd behavior. Mostly what I see is people throwing the game in WZ.

Most of these people must think if they didn't see it, it doesn't exist/happen. I will give you one bit of advice. Checking your lag. I've seen folks dance across a WZ too, and from what I can tell it's been me lagging. Just so you know.

Actually OP, you wrote:

tonight I seen 3 troopers mind you 3 of them fly all the way clean across the screen in huttball to get us at are spawn:confused:

Nothing about them running. So, were they airborne or on the ground? If they were flying over gaps, then yes, it was probably jet storm. If they were on the ground and running faster than normal, there's a good chance that they had a sentinel nearby to give them a speed boost. (whatever the Repub equivalent of Predation is called) Perhaps they were hacking, in which case they'll get banned because speed-hacks are stupid easy for BW to catch now, but my guess is you're over reacting. As far as voidstar goes, there have been and maybe still are well-known bugs that have caused people to spawn farther ahead than they should, where they can plant bombs on the back-side of doors. (I haven't seen this in a long time, though)

You only come across as petulant and hurt your own argument when you accuse people of hacking just because they say they haven't seen any hacks. I've been playing for close to 9 months now, and I've never seen a hack. My guild and I have been accused of hacking several times by people who overreact. None of us have been banned because none of us hack. I'm not saying it's impossible to hack this game; it's just not as easy or as widespread as people make out.

I think the real problem is you're setting yourself up for a loss with that name. Too bad "Legowin" doesn't have a good ring to it.

+1 to this.

It's also fairly easy to spot a bot once you know what to look for. Just log a new ticket and let BW take it from there.

Rather go crazy with the reports than keep quiet because someone is intimidating you.

Op ^^^^ is the best advice you could get. I make a ticket and report when I see odd behavior. Mostly what I see is people throwing the game in WZ.

Most of these people must think if they didn't see it, it doesn't exist/happen. I will give you one bit of advice. Checking your lag. I've seen folks dance across a WZ too, and from what I can tell it's been me lagging. Just so you know.

to the OP: Yeah get character Names and a chat Time Stamp if possible, then file an ingame ticket with that info.

I have personally seen the Bomb plant Before our gate opened in VS twice...Not extremely common but Everyone on the team usually pipes up at once about it so I know its not just me lagging.

Since 1.4 especially I have noticed people Warping long distances ALOT...Especially in HB for some reason. This I just chalked up to Server to client latency...But it is suspect sure....Especially when your entire team fails to stop one guy solo who just ran half the map....But no proof so eh.

There has been a spped hack around since beta that creates warping...But all you can do is report people you suspect and let Bioware sort it out.

For anyone reading this that uses hacks... How do you cheat at Pinball? Always curious about that....

so many hacks/exploits that it is impossible to win or for that fact play, tonight I seen 3 troopers mind you 3 of them fly all the way clean across the screen in huttball to get us at are spawn:

Battlefield Training: Increases movement speed by 15% while high energy cell is active. This is a passive Vanguard ability in the third tier of the Tactics tree

Hold the Line: Grants 8 seconds of immunity from all movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%. This is a ability Vanguards get in the 5th tier of their Tactics tree

Transcendence: Requires and converts 30 stacks of Centering to issue Transcendence to you and your group, increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. This is a ability Sentinels get at level 22.

When you stack all three of these together that's +95% movement speed for the duration.

Now when you say they were flying ... are you talking about superman flying? neo from the matrix? or BEEPBEEP roadrunner flying because movement speed increases have been peppered all over this game.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

^^^^^^ well said!

Just file a report ingame with as much information as you can give them!

Ill give EA credit on this part, they take these reports seriously and do follow up

now im not sure if it amounts to anything but least you get feeling that something being done.

And yup, posting here just attracts trolls and what not saying this stuff doesnt exist (when even EA responds with statements like "Its very possible you saw a speed hack in action and we appreciate the report...we will investigate to be sure").

Just file the report

Think of it this way

If it is a hack/exploit you have done some good

If its not, EA will investigate and see no harm or foul was done

Havent seen a out pouring of "innocent" players screaming about being banned for cheating so obviously EA doing something right on that topic anyways.

Actually OP, you wrote:

Nothing about them running. So, were they airborne or on the ground? If they were flying over gaps, then yes, it was probably jet storm. If they were on the ground and running faster than normal, there's a good chance that they had a sentinel nearby to give them a speed boost. (whatever the Repub equivalent of Predation is called) Perhaps they were hacking, in which case they'll get banned because speed-hacks are stupid easy for BW to catch now, but my guess is you're over reacting. As far as voidstar goes, there have been and maybe still are well-known bugs that have caused people to spawn farther ahead than they should, where they can plant bombs on the back-side of doors. (I haven't seen this in a long time, though)

+1 to this.

It's also fairly easy to spot a bot once you know what to look for. Just log a new ticket and let BW take it from there.

Rather go crazy with the reports than keep quiet because someone is intimidating you.

Will do and advice takin ;)

Actually OP, you wrote:

You only come across as petulant and hurt your own argument when you accuse people of hacking just because they say they haven't seen any hacks. I've been playing for close to 9 months now, and I've never seen a hack. My guild and I have been accused of hacking several times by people who overreact. None of us have been banned because none of us hack. I'm not saying it's impossible to hack this game; it's just not as easy or as widespread as people make out.

I think the real problem is you're setting yourself up for a loss with that name. Too bad "Legowin" doesn't have a good ring to it.

Its obvious that you might be one of these type of guys because of how hard your trying to defend them, there has to be a reason "You" and your "Guild" where accused so I will just leave it like that:rolleyes:

I'm fairly sure the OP is just being a troll here...

Nevertheless, there have only been a handful of instances where I'd say I saw a legitimate exploit/hack occurring. They're far from "common" but they happen...

I'm not trolling I'm stateing a "FACT" I have seen these Hacks/exploits so think what you want:rolleyes:

Thanks again for the advice guys and will try this next time before posting it here :cool:

Edited by Legolose

And of course, this is never captured on video. I don't know how many warzones I've played.... And yet I've never seen any of these oh so "common" hacks. Wonder why.

You are aware of the Developer posts announcing they have banned a bunch of people and are working on stopping the hacks? They do exist. I don't know how much they are actually used but people have been banned for using them....

You silly billy Lego, you're helping prove my point. My point was not that hacks don't exist in this game, it's that there are too many people who cry foul when they lose because they often don't understand legitimate game mechanics.

Cheating in this game is possible, but it is rare to the point that many people have never had to deal with it. (such as me) Most cases of speed hacks and the like were in the first months of the game. Since 1.2, BW has significantly improved the security of the game. Both then and now, actual cheaters were punished, and repeat offenders were banned.

I love when people claim someone must be hacking because they either say they don't or say they haven't seen any cheats first hand. Sure, a cheater probably won't admit to cheating. However, someone who is, in fact, a legitimate player will also tell you that they don't cheat. Food for thought.

My anecdote about my guild and I being accused of hacking was simply to illustrate that there are more false accusations flying around than real hacks. I'm not "trying hard to defend" anyone because my guild and I don't need defending. We just find it amusing when people mistake good play and teamwork for cheating. I agree with every other sane person and advocate reporting someone who's behaving suspiciously. However, starting an in-game / forum witch hunt when you have no real proof accomplishes nothing - and, as I said, makes you look childish.

If you see something that looks like shenanigans, go ahead and file a report. However, it'd be better if you took a bit more time to check the combat logs / do some research on different abilities and talents before you file an erroneous complaint. (Hint: there are a lot of things out there that effect movement speed, CC immunity, etc that are not hacks)

Should you choose to go with the knee-jerk reaction and immediately cry wolf, don't be surprised to find out that the other person was actually playing fair.

Planting before the game starts, that sounds more like a real hack...

I've seen a speed hack only once before 1.2 but I don't say that the OP is wrong or right.

Just that 3 troopers flying across the screen is funny given the current 1.4 PVP situation (lag/spikes/bugs/buffs).

For long I tought the other team was cheating because they would shift real fast to defend grass or snow. The real cause was Vent + speed buffs.

Btw thx for reporting my joke :cool: you won 200 credibility points.:csw_jabbapet:

As far as early plants go:

I've only had it happen once to me, but I believe it was a bug. (this was pre 1.2) I'm not sure exactly what happened, but my team either all got loaded into the game late or our door didn't open at the buzzer. I've also seen an enemy team get caught in their spawn at the start of a match. I'm not sure if they were just being slow and missed it or if a similar bug happened to them.

The other case I've heard of is an old exploit where the attackers could jump out of their spawn early. I think BW moved around whatever they were using to hop up and over, AND they made it so anyone who still managed to slip through would get blown up instantly. Maybe there's still some way to 'sploit it up, but I haven't heard any mention of it.