Anyone else think the Clone Wars portrays certain things wrongly?

Sith_Kingpin

I'm not saying I don't like the show because I do. It's just, they've done a few things in which make me raise my eyebrows. For example, in the movies, Anakin was a hot-headed, whiny brat who was bordering on selfish. In the CW cartoon, they changed his character completely and make him a respectful master to Ahsoka, as he chastises her a lot for things he'd have done in the movies without a second thought.

Also, the clones bug me because I can't buy into their emotions and individuality since we know the murderous animals they become. Does anyone here think someone like Rex or Cody would willingly murder Jedi with a single order from the Chancellor? I don't believe it at all, as we're shown in the CW, they respect the Jedi and look up to them on the battlefield. Their unique personalities prove they could easily reject Order 66 and not become cold-blooded animals, yet as we're shown in the ROTS, they purge Jedi and even murder younglings at the Jedi Temple!

Which brings me to my last point in the rant. The Jedi youngling arc just recently shown in season 5 made me a little uneasy; I know they probably don't grow up to be Padawans as they could very well be murdered by Anakin (now Vader) in the Jedi Temple! It made me a little sad, as we attach ourselves to these characters' emotions, and yet we know what happens in the future and it sort of makes me a little disappointed. I don't know about you, but these are my pet peeves of the show.

If you have anything else I missed, please state your opinions as I like debating these issues with fellow SW geeks lol.

Anakin not being a whiny, self-centered brat is a good thing. I have more respect for the character. The Clones were made to follow orders. Yes, many respect the Jedi and would continue to follow them. When Order 66 is issued, however, they do their duty and obey. Most of them. Not all turned on theirJedi commanders. Some disobeyed and helped their Jedi escape. Others even left the Republic (now Imperial) military because of the order.

TCW doesn't portray things wrong. It expands on and sheds new light into things. We only saw theolder Anakin in two movies, same with the Clones. We didn't see them during the war, so we don't know how they behaved and grew in that time. Besides, you have to admit that Anakin NOT being a whiney little b**** is a big improvement to the character.:D

Very true. I'm aware not all clones followed the order. However, the vast majority (probably more than 99%) obeyed Order 66 and purged the Jedi without remorse. Now, this doesn't resonate with me as I can't see the clones being as emotionally tied and invested as they are in the CW cartoon. This is all subjective opinion, and is not fact.

I hope Rex turns out to be a defector as he learnt a lot from that clone who left the army and had a Twilek hybrid family on a farm. Anyway, yeah I agree it's good seeing Anakin in a different light... but surely he couldn't have changed from a whiny brat, into a good master, and then back into a whiny brat for the start of ROTS, as there's only a 3 year gap in which his personality change can occur lol.

I personally think that Grievous is portrayed to be a worse fighter than he appeared in other, previous works. The comics and old Clone Wars show all portrayed him to be the deadly scourge of the Jedi. Now he just toys with his enemies too much.

As for Rex, being with the 501st, the only legion who's Jedi they didn't have to kill, he'd never have to make the call.

I'm not saying I don't like the show because I do. It's just, they've done a few things in which make me raise my eyebrows. For example, in the movies, Anakin was a hot-headed, whiny brat who was bordering on selfish. In the CW cartoon, they changed his character completely and make him a respectful master to Ahsoka, as he chastises her a lot for things he'd have done in the movies without a second thought.

Also, the clones bug me because I can't buy into their emotions and individuality since we know the murderous animals they become. Does anyone here think someone like Rex or Cody would willingly murder Jedi with a single order from the Chancellor? I don't believe it at all, as we're shown in the CW, they respect the Jedi and look up to them on the battlefield. Their unique personalities prove they could easily reject Order 66 and not become cold-blooded animals, yet as we're shown in the ROTS, they purge Jedi and even murder younglings at the Jedi Temple!

Which brings me to my last point in the rant. The Jedi youngling arc just recently shown in season 5 made me a little uneasy; I know they probably don't grow up to be Padawans as they could very well be murdered by Anakin (now Vader) in the Jedi Temple! It made me a little sad, as we attach ourselves to these characters' emotions, and yet we know what happens in the future and it sort of makes me a little disappointed. I don't know about you, but these are my pet peeves of the show.

If you have anything else I missed, please state your opinions as I like debating these issues with fellow SW geeks lol.

I agree The Clone Wars might portray things a little off. Such as some of the Clone Troopers battle dialogue sounds a bit childish and juvenile "Pep em Lads! Droid Poppers! That's the Stuff!." As much as I liked the Season 4 Episode: Darkness on Umbara, the one part I didn't like was when they dropped off the AT-RT Drivers, their dialogue made me cringe from how dumb it was. Also a lot of stuff seems dumbed down because apparently their trying to appeal to a younger audience. And yes I'm quite aware this show gets real dark with brutal killings...well as best they can get away with, so I'm not painting this show as a strictly children show.

And not just the Clone Troopers but the battle droids as well which IMO are worse. It's like in the movies where the droids went from Episode I "sorta funny" to Episode II "kinda funny" to "they are making Jar Jar look good" ridiculousness in Episode III. In this show they are so dumb and ineffective that you'd think they swapped their programming with a malevolent protocol droid instead of an actual battle droid. The older model Tactician Droids act more like the droids should be acting.

As for your points. I agree about Anakin being very different. But personally I like him like this, rather than what Hayden Christensen tried to make work. In fact I would have prefered seeing this version of Anakin in the prequels rather than Hayden's performace. If Matt Lanter was as good a live action actor as he was a Voice Actor I would have swapped him for Hayden and modified the script to make Anakin more like TCW Version anyday.

Clone Troopers murderous animals? I think that's a bit much. Most of them were simply following orders, and they were conditioned since birth to obey orders without question or fail. Some didn't follow the order, most did. To disobey their orders was treason. Another thing people seem to overlook is "we" don't know what was going on under their helmets at the time. They could have been ranging from upset to enraged and feeling betrayed because frankly Order 66 painted the Jedi Order as Traitors to the Republic which meant to them that the Jedi had betrayed them after all they've been through. There were some that flat out didn't like their Commanders to begin with though like Bacara who was often at odds with Ki Adi Mundi or Faie who's strict attitude was often at odds with Quinlan Vos' roguish anything goes attitude.

Besides....I always favored the armored guys in Star Wars over the Jedi/Sith so I really could care less that they execute Order 66 to be honest. BLASTERS FTW!

As for those Younglings...we don't know that. For all you know they could have survive the Order by being elsewhere.

Very true. I'm aware not all clones followed the order. However, the vast majority (probably more than 99%) obeyed Order 66 and purged the Jedi without remorse. Now, this doesn't resonate with me as I can't see the clones being as emotionally tied and invested as they are in the CW cartoon. This is all subjective opinion, and is not fact.

I hope Rex turns out to be a defector as he learnt a lot from that clone who left the army and had a Twilek hybrid family on a farm. Anyway, yeah I agree it's good seeing Anakin in a different light... but surely he couldn't have changed from a whiny brat, into a good master, and then back into a whiny brat for the start of ROTS, as there's only a 3 year gap in which his personality change can occur lol.

They had semi-remorse. They were good guys, but they were trained in a way to follow that order. They almost had no choice (some refused and saved Jedi) because they were raised that way.

Order 66 pretty much told them "The Jedi, your friends, have betrayed you and everyone you love. Kill them." And since they didn't know about Palpatine being the Emperor they trusted that it was true.

Edited by Pingonaut

Not really. How many relationship consulars are single or have multiple divorces. Sometimes people can give great advice, yet be unable to follow it themselves. The series takes place in between Ep. 2 and 3, and I don't see any inconsistencies with Anakin. In the show he still demonstrates his hot-headedness and seems to reign in this (sometimes) around Asoka. Sometimes being a teacher is the best learning experience one ever has.

For one, clones are not "murderous animals." They never are. They are soldiers. They follow orders. Plain and simple. The fact that they have obidience written into them genetically, makes this even more understandable. Not following orders can have disastrous consequences that you may not be able to predict because you don't have all the facts.

To look at in other terms, you are assigned to protect a rising leader. He pulls your country from starvation and chaos and makes an orderly and prosperous society. People have jobs, are fed, have a sence of pride again. Just then, you are given orders to kill him. You have seen no outward signs of any wrong doing. He charming, charismatic, he has been kind to you and your family. He has given you everything you could want as a person and member of society. Well by now, you must realise I'm speaking of Hitler. Without the hindsight of history, would you have followed the order?

Being clones, following orders is hardwired into them. Yes, there are some failures: genetic defects. Traitors are genetic defects. The chancelor is commander and chief. The only real way to disobey would be to have a genetic defect. Liking your orders and following them are two different things.

Well we know that is the fate of Asoka as well. Does Vader kill her or does she die, giving us one more piece of the puzzle for the fall of Anakin (foreshadowed by Yoda in the pilot movie)? We will have to follow this storyline to conclusion to find out. Considering that Matt Latner and Ashley Eckstein had a private recording session for the final episode for season 5, suggests the whole of the CW storyarc is going to receive some dramatic shake up. And as usual, Dave Feloni is being coy about it.

So, no I don't see the stark contradictions you do. And by definition, since George is the lead on this, it really can't be wrong.

Wrongly is a fleeting term, since George determines what is accurate and inaccurate according to his vision of the sw mythology.

Recently H2 (history channel 2) re-broadcasted a 2007 documentary on the mythology of star wars. A few big names were in it, like Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, JJ Abrams, Peter Jackson, and Kevin Smith, even Steven Colbert. Anyway, they trace the stories of all 6 movies and how the characters and plotlines mimic greek mythology, more modern "Classic Westerns," even historical events (like the rise of Nazi Germany and other dictators). None of this is news the people who follow SW of course, but I do think if you view TCW as expanding on those themes, it makes more sense.

I wouldn't get too uptight about the regular battle droids. They are fodder in the movies and comic foil in a Saturday morning cartoon.

As for Anakin ... what we all describe as being a whiny brat is unbridled emotion and passion. He showed it even in the episode from two weekends ago, when he urgently ordered a salvage team to go after R2-D2 without any regard for determining if the sector was secure ... after all, it had just been bombed. I am sure we will see more of his attachment issues as the series delves more into the secret married life between Amidala and Skywalker.

The only issue I have at this point with the clone wars was the introduction of the New Mandalorians as pacifists, and more recently the assassination of the black sun leader by the reborn Darth Maul in this past weekends episode. I'm sure the retconners are rushing to explain Prince Xizor's leadership of black sun in light of that episode.

Still, you have to acknowledge the slight nod to Star Wars Galaxies that the episode provided, explaining why the black sun and death watch started working together (they work together in the death watch bunker dungeon on Endor in the game and to make and market the restuss crusader armor to both sides of the GCW)

Not really. How many relationship consulars are single or have multiple divorces. Sometimes people can give great advice, yet be unable to follow it themselves. The series takes place in between Ep. 2 and 3, and I don't see any inconsistencies with Anakin. In the show he still demonstrates his hot-headedness and seems to reign in this (sometimes) around Asoka. Sometimes being a teacher is the best learning experience one ever has.

For one, clones are not "murderous animals." They never are. They are soldiers. They follow orders. Plain and simple. The fact that they have obidience written into them genetically, makes this even more understandable. Not following orders can have disastrous consequences that you may not be able to predict because you don't have all the facts.

To look at in other terms, you are assigned to protect a rising leader. He pulls your country from starvation and chaos and makes an orderly and prosperous society. People have jobs, are fed, have a sence of pride again. Just then, you are given orders to kill him. You have seen no outward signs of any wrong doing. He charming, charismatic, he has been kind to you and your family. He has given you everything you could want as a person and member of society. Well by now, you must realise I'm speaking of Hitler. Without the hindsight of history, would you have followed the order?

Being clones, following orders is hardwired into them. Yes, there are some failures: genetic defects. Traitors are genetic defects. The chancelor is commander and chief. The only real way to disobey would be to have a genetic defect. Liking your orders and following them are two different things.

Well we know that is the fate of Asoka as well. Does Vader kill her or does she die, giving us one more piece of the puzzle for the fall of Anakin (foreshadowed by Yoda in the pilot movie)? We will have to follow this storyline to conclusion to find out. Considering that Matt Latner and Ashley Eckstein had a private recording session for the final episode for season 5, suggests the whole of the CW storyarc is going to receive some dramatic shake up. And as usual, Dave Feloni is being coy about it.

So, no I don't see the stark contradictions you do. And by definition, since George is the lead on this, it really can't be wrong.

I have to disagree with you there. To say the clones were only obeying orders is a little bit bold. The Nazis only obeyed orders, were they not murderous animals during their genocide? I watched ROTS recently, and the way they not only murder the Jedi, but continually shoot them even when they're down and dead is remorseless to me. They were the root of so much death across the galaxy, and killing children is unacceptable. You can say they're genetically engineered, but TCW doesn't show them to be mindless drones -- it shows them having individuality and intellect. So, they could easily disobey the order as they form friendships and bonds with their Jedi Generals.

Admittedly, wrongly was the incorrect word as GL has final say on his vision of the SW universe. What I meant was, I personally have small problems with the points I raised, they don't bug me too much as I still love the show and watch it on a weekly basis. It's just, every time I see the clones, I always think they're as heartless as Death Watch and have a capacity to murder as shown in ROTS when they hunt down Jedi without a care in the world.

I have to disagree with you there. To say the clones were only obeying orders is a little bit bold. The Nazis only obeyed orders, were they not murderous animals during their genocide?

Does that include a secretary in an SS office? Does that include the railways that transported the Jews? Does that include the soldiers in the field? Being a Nazi didn't make you a criminal by association, nor in this case "murderous animals." In the Nuremberg Trials, only 24 of the surviving Nazi leadership were tried, and not all were found guilty. There were no secretaries, railway workers, or soldiers that were indicted.

I watched ROTS recently, and the way they not only murder the Jedi, but continually shoot them even when they're down and dead is remorseless to me. They were the root of so much death across the galaxy, and killing children is unacceptable.

If I was told that I needed to prepare for the day that Sith may have infiltrated the Jedi Order and have to fight the Jedi, I would shoot as many rounds into them as I could to make sure they were down. An injured Jedi is still more than a match for any clone. Even younglings are deadly given their paranormal abilites. You would have to have served in the military to understand that there are no winners in war. Soldiers are killers. That is their job. There is no kindness in war. Talk to a vet sometime. Ask a Vietnam vet about a friend died because a child held a grenade and it detonated it when he picked the child up. There is a reason for the axiom, "War is Hell."

You can say they're genetically engineered, but TCW doesn't show them to be mindless drones -- it shows them having individuality and intellect. So, they could easily disobey the order as they form friendships and bonds with their Jedi Generals.

I don't understand what genetic engineering has to do with mindlessness. If they wanted mindless, they would have used droids. They WANTED creative thinking, bravery, intelligence. That was the purpose of making clones to begin with. As I said before, they were indoctrinated that the Jedi could be the the culprits behind the whole war, using it, as Palpatine did, to usurp the rightful government. If it was ever revealed that they were indeed the culprits, they needed the clones to do their duty to protect the Republic. If they weren't, then no one needed to be the wiser. There are people who will follow their commanders and there are people who follow their conscious. The clones were programmed to follow their commander, that sole commander is Palpatine. Who is the guilty one, the executioner or the axe?

Admittedly, wrongly was the incorrect word as GL has final say on his vision of the SW universe. What I meant was, I personally have small problems with the points I raised, they don't bug me too much as I still love the show and watch it on a weekly basis. It's just, every time I see the clones, I always think they're as heartless as Death Watch and have a capacity to murder as shown in ROTS when they hunt down Jedi without a care in the world.

That is a lot of assumption from a few minutes of screen time. They are soldiers doing what they were trained to do. That is all. They are not some sort of "conscientious objector." They are duty bound to protect the Republic and if the Chancelor declares the Jedi public enemy number one, they are duty bound to defend the Republic. They are professional soldiers who did their duty.

Any soldier who has served in combat knows that if they ever discovered their commanding officers were traitors to everything they hold dear, they would terminate them with EXTREME prejudice.

Edited by Thylbanus

Does that include a secretary in an SS office? Does that include the railways that transported the Jews? Does that include the soldiers in the field? Being a Nazi didn't make you a criminal by association, nor in this case "murderous animals." In the Nuremberg Trials, only 24 of the surviving Nazi leadership were tried, and not all were found guilty. There were no secretaries, railway workers, or soldiers that were indicted.

If I was told that I needed to prepare for the day that Sith may have infiltrated the Jedi Order and have to fight the Jedi, I would shoot as many rounds into them as I could to make sure they were down. An injured Jedi is still more than a match for any clone. Even younglings are deadly given their paranormal abilites. You would have to have served in the military to understand that there are no winners in war. Soldiers are killers. That is their job. There is no kindness in war. Talk to a vet sometime. Ask a Vietnam vet about a friend died because a child held a grenade and it detonated it when he picked the child up. There is a reason for the axiom, "War is Hell."

I don't understand what genetic engineering has to do with mindlessness. If they wanted mindless, they would have used droids. They WANTED creative thinking, bravery, intelligence. That was the purpose of making clones to begin with. As I said before, they were indoctrinated that the Jedi could be the the culprits behind the whole war, using it, as Palpatine did, to usurp the rightful government. If it was ever revealed that they were indeed the culprits, they needed the clones to do their duty to protect the Republic. If they weren't, then no one needed to be the wiser. There are people who will follow their commanders and there are people who follow their conscious. The clones were programmed to follow their commander, that sole commander is Palpatine. Who is the guilty one, the executioner or the axe?

That is a lot of assumption from a few minutes of screen time. They are soldiers doing what they were trained to do. That is all. They are not some sort of "conscientious objector." They are duty bound to protect the Republic and if the Chancelor declares the Jedi public enemy number one, they are duty bound to defend the Republic. They professional soldiers who did their duty.

Any soldier who has served in combat knows that if they ever discovered their commanding officers were traitors to everything they hold dear, they would terminate them with EXTREME prejudice.

Well, maybe I'm just too compassionate and judgemental. Anyway, you're right, I've never been involved in war, so I don't know what it's like. I imagine my survival instincts would kick in, and I would be a hypocrite as I'd no doubt murder the enemy. Maybe I am misreading the situation, but I stick by my feelings on the Clones that I just can't like them.

Duty is duty and we all have to adhere to it at some time in our lives, so I guess you're right. The Clones were protecting the Republic, but in my eyes they were callous. Nothing will change my opinion on this, and even ROTS portrays them as the antagonists of the film after Order 66. I'm not deliberately trying to argue here -- these are just my subjective opinions that won't be swayed.

I look at it this way. If you read any of the books that were written before TCW cartoon came out like Med star dualogy, Yoda dark rendezvous, Star Wars Republic commando: Hard target, Jedi Trial. Anyways TCW takes a HUGE dump on all those books.

And to top it off, The actual war, only lasted 2 years, but they are cramming all this stuff into the show. AND, Anakin NEVER had a padawn in ROTS. So IMO TCW, just completely craps on the entire series of books written between AOTC and ROTS.

Well, maybe I'm just too compassionate and judgemental. Anyway, you're right, I've never been involved in war, so I don't know what it's like. I imagine my survival instincts would kick in, and I would be a hypocrite as I'd no doubt murder the enemy. Maybe I am misreading the situation, but I stick by my feelings on the Clones that I just can't like them.

Duty is duty and we all have to adhere to it at some time in our lives, so I guess you're right. The Clones were protecting the Republic, but in my eyes they were callous. Nothing will change my opinion on this, and even ROTS portrays them as the antagonists of the film after Order 66. I'm not deliberately trying to argue here -- these are just my subjective opinions that won't be swayed.

I hate to quote Star Trek, and I'm sure they are quoting someone else, but when Admiral Jarok said, "One world's hero, is another's butcher." It all depends on what side of the line you are on.

Aniken is also a Master in the show and has his own padawan, he never did make the rank of Master as a Jedi....

"How can I be on the council, and not be a master".

Anakin is not a Master in the show. Having a padawan makes you a teacher, whom your padawan will call master due to respect. Just as ordinary people have called padawans, Master Jedi. Don't mistake a term of respect with actual title. Anakin is not a Master and never becomes one. The Jedi Council grants the title of Master and there are no certain criteria for attaining such. There are Masters who have never trained a padawan, and there are Jedi Knights who have trained dozens who have never attained the title of Master.

I look at it this way. If you read any of the books that were written before TCW cartoon came out like Med star dualogy, Yoda dark rendezvous, Star Wars Republic commando: Hard target, Jedi Trial. Anyways TCW takes a HUGE dump on all those books.

And to top it off, The actual war, only lasted 2 years, but they are cramming all this stuff into the show. AND, Anakin NEVER had a padawn in ROTS. So IMO TCW, just completely craps on the entire series of books written between AOTC and ROTS.

Yes, Lucas is known for his contempt for the EU. Since he is the lead in much of the Clone Wars, he has disregarded things put forth by these series.

And cramming 5 seasons so far into the 3 yrs of the Clone Wars (22–19 BBY), is pretty much a shoe horn. I don't expect that the Clone Wars will last much beyond 6 seasons. Dave Feloni told George that he will keep making the Clone Wars until George tells him to stop.

We have a cliffhanger end to season 5 so there will have to be a season 6, and 7 is questionable. They may do that, just as a wrap up to lead into Ep. 3. I don't know, but I hope Ahsoka is released and becomes a Knight, but she may well die, too. In any event, Anakin will not have her as his padawan by the end of the final season, whatever that number will be.

Edited by Thylbanus

I don't really follow the show but; i was also wondering how the hell they fit all the events into two years!

I mean, so much stuff happens in the show and when it (eventually) ends we're supposed to be convinced that everyone in ROTS just kind of got over/forgot about all the events that had transpired in the last year or two?

I hate to quote Star Trek, and I'm sure they are quoting someone else, but when Admiral Jarok said, "One world's hero, is another's butcher." It all depends on what side of the line you are on.

Anakin is not a Master in the show. Having a padawan makes you a teacher, whom your padawan will call master due to respect. Just as ordinary people have called padawans, Master Jedi. Don't mistake a term of respect with actual title. Anakin is not a Master and never becomes one. The Jedi Council grants the title of Master and there are no certain criteria for attaining such. There are Masters who have never trained a padawan, and there are Jedi Knights who have trained dozens who have never attained the title of Master.

Yes, Lucas is known for his contempt for the EU. Since he is the lead in much of the Clone Wars, he has disregarded things put forth by these series.

And cramming 5 seasons so far into the 3 yrs of the Clone Wars (22–19 BBY), is pretty much a shoe horn. I don't expect that the Clone Wars will last much beyond 6 seasons. Dave Feloni told George that he will keep making the Clone Wars until George tells him to stop.

We have a cliffhanger end to season 5 so there will have to be a season 6, and 7 is questionable. They may do that, just as a wrap up to lead into Ep. 3. I don't know, but I hope Ahsoka is released and becomes a Knight, but she may well die, too. In any event, Anakin will not have her as his padawan by the end of the final season, whatever that number will be.

Oh it was 3 years, i thought it was two, but two years, 3 years, makes no difference really. I mean can you really cram that much into a 3 year time period. Not really.

Oh it was 3 years, i thought it was two, but two years, 3 years, makes no difference really. I mean can you really cram that much into a 3 year time period. Not really.

I would prefer if they did more with the other characters. What has Mace Windu been doing? What about Plo Koon and Kit Fisto? We haven't seen those guys do very much.

(Want to see Plo Koon kick Grievous' butt :p)

I would prefer if they did more with the other characters. What has Mace Windu been doing? What about Plo Koon and Kit Fisto? We haven't seen those guys do very much.

(Want to see Plo Koon kick Grievous' butt :p)

Pretty much this.

Honestly, the old Clone Wars micro-series (Only had 2 seasons, sadly) was the best. They did justice to a LOT of characters.

I mean, Mace Windu nearly defeats a HUUUUUUGE droid army with his bare fists, as well as crippling Grievous severely with one force grip.

Kit Fisto also had one long moment of glory underwater.

Not to mention all the events they fit into the animated series actually look like they belong there and aren't stretched along in any way. The animation style of Samurai Jack was also great to look at (Loved that show).

There's actually both complete seasons on YouTube, right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYw5lTwaPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHhNDb5_0iA

On the subject of the viability of so much happening in a 3 year timespan, I was thinking of the math of it all. In Galactic Standard time 1 year has 12 months of 35 days each separated into 7 5 day weeks. So to expand that it is 3 years, 36 months, 252 weeks, 1260 days. If each episode constitued one week (just for arguement sake, much of the time overlaps, is congruent, or even predates some episodes in the form of flashbacks, etc. Some episodes are shorter, some longer), this show could run another 6 seasons. Saying they take 2 weeks, it still would have one more season to go.

So doing the math really doesn't seem so out of place. I did think it was a shoe horn, but now, it is conceivable. We must also remember many of these episodes take place in a single day, some even have one day broken down over multiple episodes. Personally I would like to get a list together of all the episodes and guestimate the length of time each one is. I'm not THAT big of a fan to do so, but if any of you are out there, please post it.

Personally I feel it lies somewhere in between one and two weeks average.

The clone were not murderous animals -- and they always had emotions, personalities, and the like. Like others have said, if they wanted mindless they would've used droids. They only killed the Jedi because "Order 66" means the Jedi betrayed the Republic. The clones were duty-bound to serve the Republic, not the Jedi. They were friends with the Jedi, and they were loyal to the Jedi, sure, but that's because the Jedi were fellow servants of the Republic -- even fellow soldiers. Some clones didn't like Jedi, and in fact they strongly disliked them (number one example is Commander Faie, who served under Quinlan Vos). But most of them were comrades and friends. In fact, one clone commando married his General! And they weren't mindless drones: they had choice, but they chose to execute the Jedi out of loyalty to the Republic. This is evidenced by the fact that some of them spared the Jedi.

I think the reason for the inconsistencies is because most of the clone wars series is based around Anakin and Obi-wan. Rex is loyal to Anakin but as we saw when the other jedi took over in season 4, he will serve the republic first. Cody is friends with Obi-wan but he keeps to the code and still stays strict. Even in this show you still see clones complain about how the jedi operate. Only clones that i see make major emotional changes is the 501st (anakin's clones) and thats probably cause Anakin doesnt follow the jedi teachings and creates attachments.

As for Anakin being a better leader in this series, I think it fits with the movies perfectly. In episode 3 Anakin is put on the jedi council, and dont think the rest of the jedi would agree to that unless anakin at least showed some leadership skills. Also war is Anakin's element so theres not reason for him to whine compared to him in meeting.

-side note I believe Captain Rex is next to Anakin/Vader during Knightfall

I think the reason for the inconsistencies is because most of the clone wars series is based around Anakin and Obi-wan. Rex is loyal to Anakin but as we saw when the other jedi took over in season 4, he will serve the republic first. Cody is friends with Obi-wan but he keeps to the code and still stays strict. Even in this show you still see clones complain about how the jedi operate. Only clones that i see make major emotional changes is the 501st (anakin's clones) and thats probably cause Anakin doesnt follow the jedi teachings and creates attachments.

As for Anakin being a better leader in this series, I think it fits with the movies perfectly. In episode 3 Anakin is put on the jedi council, and dont think the rest of the jedi would agree to that unless anakin at least showed some leadership skills. Also war is Anakin's element so theres not reason for him to whine compared to him in meeting.

-side note I believe Captain Rex is next to Anakin/Vader during Knightfall

Your second paragraph is incorrect. Anakin was placed on the council because Palpatine ORDERED it. Not because the council wanted him there...yet. They felt he still had much to learn. Hell they didn't even make him a jedi master when he was put on the council.

Your logic is flawed.

Your second paragraph is incorrect. Anakin was placed on the council because Palpatine ORDERED it. Not because the council wanted him there...yet. They felt he still had much to learn. Hell they didn't even make him a jedi master when he was put on the council.

Your logic is flawed.

Actually, you are incorrect. Palpatine ordered it, but the Jedi Order is under no obligation to follow it. They placed him on the Council for their own reasons, political or otherwise. The Jedi Order serves at their own discression and the Chancellor has no say in their dealings.

Edited by Thylbanus