The 40 Year and Older "Professionals" Guild

Master-Pappy

I'm way ahead of you, junior...my first game was Atari Pong. This is my first MMO ever.

Right now I'm on a PvE server so I can shore up on all this gaming stuff...controls, terminology, etiquette, blah blah. I'm a slow learner, so I'm going at a snail's crawl right now, but I want to play PvP once I can go into combat & not get killed before I even go into combat.

I'm a 46y-old mom of a 9yr-old daughter & 13y-old son originally from Pittsbugh PA. My son has a highly-functional form of autism, which makes it hard for him to connect on a social level unless it's about something he loves. He loves the Clone Wars and I've loved SW since I was 12 when Star Wars ( "A New Hope") was released in the theaters & played for MONTHS. It's been an awesome thing for me to have a passion to share with him!

Please come on over my 12 year old son has autism and seems the same way.

Would be nice to have you aboard to chat .

Even if you only make a level one to join so we can swap stories it would be nice.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all ,I just want to post a little update .

Because of the massively unexpected growth of the guild we want to keep as close to the 40 age as we can .

We are friendly with Stargeezers on this server ,they take the 30+ age players.

We are hoping to have a mature server community ,so if you do join them we could have some fun in same faction pvp ,nothing stopping us chatting in voice while we kick each others *** lol.

Please understand we would love to play with everyone but with going on 120 members and around 230 characters in game I don't want to lose the community feel .

One thing we do need though is members to fill up the european time zone.

So if you are English speaking and want to join the fun come on down.

Hello friends. Congratulations on the guild's growth, it sounds like a fun place to be. I'm 46, married for 18 years with two school-age kids and I work full time, we live in Southern California. My MMO history started with Dark Age of Camelot, but I didn't get very far with it. City of Heroes was my first full-on addiction. I switched to WoW shortly after launch and made 60, then left, but returned when my son was 10 years old and we spent a year leveling new characters together, all the way till level 80. It was awesome fun. Since then I've tried most major releases and I made level cap in LOTRO and Rift, but SWTOR is the first game to recapture the magic feel of my first MMO's.

My wife does not play, but she tolerates my hobby; she watches her TV shows while I play online, it's worked out great for our marriage. :) I have a level 50 Sith sorcerer on Darth Sion, and several Republic characters in their 20's on Begeren Colony. None are in guilds, and the post-50 ennui is starting to set in. I'll gladly create a new Republic character on your server, and would love to chat with you if there's still any room in the guild. I will go make someone now, just for fun, and will check this thread again over the next few days. Take care, and thanks for your time.

I'am not joking it is starting to feel like we are becoming a large chunk of this server it's astonishing just how many nice mature people actually play games like this ,all my mmo career I thought that if I wanted to play this game that I had to keep quite about my age and accept that lots of children play this game and the older ones are going to be college Kids with spare time ,When players have been told my age they seem surprised and I suspect apprehensive as to why I would want to play (which I totally understand).

So I accepted that to enjoy the game the community was what it was.

This venture into forming a community environment suitable and comfortable to my and the original threads age group has been an overwhelming success ,Even if you don't join us ,I would highly recommend making the age range a priority when you search for a guild,I believe the game its self is responsible for 30% of the fun ,the community environment covers 60% and 10% is the secret ingredient that is personal to you.

Have Fun in your journey ,in life and in game .

P.s. don't think because we are older that we can't kick *** ,I suspect at a leisurely pace we will leave no boss standing ,and if it takes your fancy kick some teenage butt lol (that will teach em to play on our grass)

Age 71, The Harbinger, name: Conny

Please join us I would love to have you aboard ,please feel free to contact me personally in game either chat channel ,the in game mail, on the forum or in our voice chat ,lots of those in voice are retired and would be very happy to help ,I can suggest some of them if you contact me .

Would like to join a guild to PVP /PVE and all the rest...

I have played every class and am on both PVP/RP servers just because it gave the most range to play and had friends on one that no longer play.

Currently play almost every night for few hours.

Have lvl 50 juggernaut and lvl 41 Sorc. Those are my highest lvls but, am very interested in some social operations and pvp teaming.

I am open to lvling on another sever, that is not an issue.

So, if you have room or maybe have another guild started or in mind that mirrors your own please let me know. I am very interested in being around like minded mature folks like myself...

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Sincerly,

Jason/TMing

40 yo, Newish player here. Gratz on the guild. Would love to join you guys. Love a relaxed social atmosphere where I can actually relate to people. Will be making a toon tonight on sith wyrm and then filling out the application. Edited by Koljax

All the posts are read and Don't hesitate to come see us in game I'am sure we can fit y'all in as we have the Republic and empire side factions brought together with voice chat .

It does not matter which character of faction you enjoy, we have fun with you not your pixels .

We do have at least one professor in the guild already so there should be something in common for you to talk about .

We are now starting some of our level 50 characters gearing to try out the group content at that level which is easier to organise given we will all be lvl50.

Although we do have an Esselles scheduled for any level to join ,but be aware if you are lvl 50 you will be naked apart from your weapon ,so if your shy get a character to lvl 10 then you can keep your clothes on .

Check the forum homepage calender for dates and times and maybe check out the youtube videos we made of our naked Tattooine race .

Edited by overunitee

I promise we don't play naked nearly as often as Overunity is making it out to be. :p

Come on over to TheOlderRepublic.com, fill out the easy 'get to know a bit about you' application form, and we'll get you squared away with an invite. If you'd like to chat with us on the server, type in /cjoin Older, hit enter, and that'll put you into our channel. After that, feel free to ask questions or talk to one of us in game.

Hi, I'm 47 from the UK and have a lvl 50 Shadow on The Progenitor but I now have a Knight on Sith Wyrm so I can join in the fun! :)

I'm thinking it'll be good to actually be able to try out some of the group content and not rush through all the dialog.

I'll hopefully get on this weekend for a bit. Ahhhh if only I could mail all those hilts and enhancements I can craft across servers :rolleyes:

@whiskey grin .

Please if your 30 put an application in and we can chat ,the guild we were originally friends with have placed most of their characters with us so I'am not able to pass you to them as they were 30+ age. so if you really feel you want to hang with an older crowd do the app on the website so we can see a bit about you .

Our main goal is to have a friendly fun enviroment to play in, so if thats what you want we may get on just fine.

Edited by overunitee

63 year old, grandmother, retired teacher (though I still teach a class once or twice a year at the Commuity College). Got a teacher of the year award for my use of video games as a teaching tool in 1999.

Been gaming since Colecovision in the '70s and expect to be gaming for many years to come. Requirement for any assisted living facility that I move into down the road is high speed internet - the food can stink, by grandsons will bring me pizza.

Still raid a few times a week with a guild called "Old Timers" on World of Warcraft. Downed the first boss in regular Dragon Soul last night. No server firsts, but old people still get the job done.

Love SWTOR's fresh face and familiar (much enjoyed) story.

I am playing on Master Zahr Lestin (West Coast), great server, nice people so far, no queues and a fairly healthy economy - but would roll a new character to join an old folks guild. *giggle*

Currently have a friend leveling with me. A 74 year old.

Edit for afterthought: Eventually they will have server transfers, so I'd be happy to roll a new youngling and just move my main (Sage/Healer) over whenever transfers become available.

You might actually be the coolest person I have ever come across in a game before.

On a side note I will contact you guys in 9 years, I'm too young age wise at 30 but also in maturity :|

I'd be interested in finding a guild for over 40's. I'm 51, residing in Germany and I get 4 days a week to adventure. Currently on the Sith Meditation server, but I am willing to move. Just message Lucullis, or Ohmi in game.

@ Subadia ,

Join us at the link in my signature ,fill a "get to know you" application and welcome to a lovely enviroment .

We have completed our first hard mode yesterday ,We have PvP night wednesday were we get as many as want to and kick some *** ,we have guildies imp and rep fighting it out .

Lots of crafters and altoholics and hopefully get our first operation boss down ,Tuesday .

I must say that the voice chat when grouping really makes you feel part of the community,please don't be hesitant to use it ,contact me if you like on Overunity ,but it enriches the community feel no end .

I'd be interested in finding a guild for over 40's. I'm 51, residing in Germany and I get 4 days a week to adventure. Currently on the Sith Meditation server, but I am willing to move. Just message Lucullis, or Ohmi in game.

We're all on the Sith Wyrm server, Subedai. :) Come on over to TheOlderRepublic.com and we'll get you helped out.

Well, I just unsubscribed last week, but we'll see with this new patch how things change. I haven't found what I was looking for in this game, I may just be burned out on MMOs in general, and have some new commitments in the evenings that I didn't have prior to last year. However, I do certainly fit the profile, I'm as old as the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and have been gaming since the Sinclair ZX81 (which should tell you I was born and raised in Europe, but currently live in beautiful NJ), and have been engaged in on-line activities (chat, MUDs) since 1991. Yes, before AOHell came and ruined everything.