Tank damage output for HMs

My friends and i recently turned 50 and tried to take on BT hardmode. we wiped several times on the second boss because we did not have enough dps to kill him before the enrage. as a tank how much dmage should i be doing? perhaps an easier to answer question would be how much strength, accuracy and surge should i have?

thanks in advance.

Depends on what class you're playing. Assassins/Shadows seem to do the most tank damage while Vanguards and Guardians are a bit behind. As a Vanguard, I routinely get 2.3k-2.5k Stockstrike crits and around 1.2k~ Ion Pulse crits with Columi/Rakata armor + Columi rifle.

I would honestly be more worried about your DPS party members rather than your own DPS if you're hitting enrages.

Edited by Exertim

I would honestly be more worried about your DPS party members rather than your own DPS if you're hitting enrages.

This ^^

As long as you're holding aggro your DPS should be able to burn down the boss. Had everyone gotten their gear to at least rank 126 via the daily quests?

My friends and i recently turned 50 and tried to take on BT hardmode. we wiped several times on the second boss because we did not have enough dps to kill him before the enrage. as a tank how much dmage should i be doing? perhaps an easier to answer question would be how much strength, accuracy and surge should i have?

thanks in advance.

Honestly, it's up to the other two DPS to pull in the damage required to mitigate enrages. Tanks need to make sure they're grabbing adds, maintaining aggro etc.

Like someone suggested, DPS really need to have daily gear before getting toes wet in HM's - however, I did DPS (before going heals T_T) with mostly levelling gear, 106-112 stuff, and I did fine. It's really a matter of spec, rotation, and then gear.

Seconded or thirded. The tank shouldn't be the one worrying about doing enough damage to knock out the boss before the enrage timer. The tank should be keeping everyone else alive so that they can kill the boss in the first place. If you're doing that, you're doing it right.

As people have mentioned, a quick and easy way to gear up is to do dailys and get the purple mods for your armor. You'll notice a large increase depending on what your current gear looks like.

Assassin tank, so on the higher end, but shock crits over 2k, up to about 2.5k (3k if I reckless, adrenal, relic). Force lightning ticks for 1200 crits, thrash crits are 700-100 per swing depending, wither can crit over 1k and discharge somewhere in the 5-600 range. Assassinate is in the 2k range.

Will assume that you mean the

GXR-7 Command Droid (bonus boss).

out of the 3 bosses, he hits the hardest,

and enrage faster than the final boss (imo)

it's more of a dps race actually,

and the tank not getting knocked out of range,

abeit whether outside healing or preventing you (tank) to do damage.

have your back against the wall to prevent this.