Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Guildrum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broonmark.

You meet the guy twice, three times on hoth, and on the last one, immediately before the final boss of the planet, and suddenly he's all like "We follow the sith clan to great fights" ?! seriously, the talz is not only ugly, but also completely one dimensional. all he ever talks about is fighting. at least peirce talks about stuff besides killing everything. and he sucks as both a tank and a dps. and really? Scavenging bonuses? it would have at least been better if he had more depth besides "RAW KILL FOR SITH CLAN" or if he at least had the decency to refer to me besides "Sith clan"

Broonmark.

You meet the guy twice, three times on hoth, and on the last one, immediately before the final boss of the planet, and suddenly he's all like "We follow the sith clan to great fights" ?! seriously, the talz is not only ugly, but also completely one dimensional. all he ever talks about is fighting. at least peirce talks about stuff besides killing everything. and he sucks as both a tank and a dps. and really? Scavenging bonuses? it would have at least been better if he had more depth besides "RAW KILL FOR SITH CLAN" or if he at least had the decency to refer to me besides "Sith clan"

I absolutely concur. This dude has the personality of a brick wall. I have no idea why the hell he is on my ship either. Like Rusk I appreciate him for appearance only. I like the idea of having a big monster bodyguard ready to spill blood at my command. He is just very one dimensional

From a perspective of "how useful are the individual companions" - then only healers and tanks are useful. DPS are just... pointless. What we need is a mechanism to rekit our companions to do a role that we need. I'd like to use a companion other than Elara while doing dailies but unfortunately, Tanno Vik or Yuun cannot be made to heal. After all, I suppose clicking a diagnostic scanner, shooting kolto bullets and throwing kolto bombs requires a college education.

See now I disagree with your post about DPS companions.. My Bounty Hunter.. when im questing/doing dailies with him.. my choice of comp is Torian who's a melee dps...Now im a tank so I can take a beating so I dont need to worry so much with HP loss, plus I got my backup shield and kolto probe and first-aid stims if need be, what I cant do so well is deal the damage, so why run around dealing not so much damage with a healer comp when I can sit back and take some aggro whilst my dps comp can kick seven bells of sh*t out of whats attacking me, and thats taking on a mob of around 8 people a time so its a good relationship between tank and dps, I only use a healer comp if im using my dps characters, and my healer character i switch between tank and dps

Fave comp for me is Torian, but im a big fan of mandoa lore etc and he's and awesome melee dps, Quinn has his moments as a good healer (I know they're all technically teh same) but he seems to crit better when i use him

Inquisitor -

orst: Khem Val

Best - Ashara (If kitted out properly as most people dont do hence her being so crap in peoples opinions)

JK -

Worst - Rusk

Best - Kira

Skadge for BH and Broonmark for Jugg.

Trooper -

Worst - Elara

Best - Corso

tbf if you could kill yor companions liek you originally could in the first BETA (before people whined that they then needed their comps) i would have killed Quinn straight off for what he did in teh SW story

also just to ad.. i have a hate for all comps/NPC's that dont speak basic.. to me hearing them talk is like a nail down a chalk board

Edited by dacentabaal

/snip

/snip

Trooper -

Worst - Elara

Best - Corso

/snip

Worst Elara? Guess you never played a vanguard. Go into tanking mode, have her heal you, you can pwn all.

Sorry for a Vanguard, nobody is better than Elara. Now for a commando, yeah she is next to worthless.

Smuggler, i loved Risha...but once i got Guss, she was not needed. Worst was Corso or Bowdaar. Didn't need them once i got Risha, Avaki, or Guss.

Haven't gotten far enough on the others to make a decision on.

Broonmark.

I had a friend trying to convince me, that there is something wrong with me because I don't like Broonmark.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, who simply can't stand the guy.

Worst Elara? Guess you never played a vanguard. Go into tanking mode, have her heal you, you can pwn all.

Sorry for a Vanguard, nobody is better than Elara. Now for a commando, yeah she is next to worthless.

you must be speaking of healer commandos, as my DPS commando totally enjoys toting Elara around.

you must be speaking of healer commandos, as my DPS commando totally enjoys toting Elara around.

^Seconded, sister. I LOVE Elara! She rules at healing my DPS commando, and her voice is just mmhmmm! Then again, I have a thing for a lady with a sexy voice and a high class English accent. :o

Thirded, plus she is the best healing companion in the game since she is the only one who uses heavy armor and she uses the same main stat as the Trooper so you can just move equipment and mods to her from your Trooper to her making it really easy to keep her gear updated.

Lt. Iresso for the consular. While he is a nice enough tank for those who do not like Qyzen (and at this point most people who use a tank will probably just use Qyzen anyway) he is so boring. I honestly think they just realized that the consular needed another companion so they picked a generic soldier. What's ironic is that Belsavis and Voss gave two people that should've been companions and were more interesting. I mean at least Theran had Holiday.

BW may have fixed this by now, but I originally used Qyzen Fess as a tank. Once I got Lt Iresso, I swapped all the upgraded gear from Qyzen to him, picked up a pvp blaster rifle (moddable) and was good to go after a few minor changes. Comparing Qyzen, the aim-based techblade/shield generator-wielding melee-dps to Lt Iresso using same except blaster rifle...

Qyzen's threat generation skills (single-target-4-meter-range sunder armor Guardian Strike and aoe Hunter's Surge abilities) and a single-target Taunt are severely lacking enough area-of-effect power to keep mobs off the Jedi Consular.

Lt Iresso's threat generation skills (five-target-8-meter-radius-damage-reduction aoe EMP Blast and 15-meter-radius taunt Flaregun) and a single-target taunt ability Distract are far and above the best companion skills in my mind for keeping a mob's attention away from the Jedi Consular.

As far as uniqueness, Qyzen is missing an eye and is fully scaled. Not sure he can be romanced, but I have heard rumors of him sleeping around. Just kidding, but I think adding a good 15-meter aoe taunt and making Guardian Strike 8-meter radius affecting 5 targets would be good for those holdouts that refuse to stop using Qyzen.

Qyzen's threat generation skills (single-target-4-meter-range sunder armor Guardian Strike and aoe Hunter's Surge abilities) and a single-target Taunt are severely lacking enough area-of-effect power to keep mobs off the Jedi Consular.

Lt Iresso's threat generation skills (five-target-8-meter-radius-damage-reduction aoe EMP Blast and 15-meter-radius taunt Flaregun) and a single-target taunt ability Distract are far and above the best companion skills in my mind for keeping a mob's attention away from the Jedi Consular.

Qyzen also has a 15 meter AOE taunt, as do all tank companions.

Edited by happysister

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting a thread...

My biggest problem with my Consular's companions is their boring personalities.

Qyzen: hunt, hunt, hunt, the only praise he has for my consular is when I go feral

Tharan: Holiday Holiday Holiday, completely wrapped up in himself, irritating and vain

Zenith: the only one I sort of like, even though all he cares about is The Revolution

Nadia: low self-esteem, constantly seeking approval - nice girl, but where's your spunk?

Lieutenant Iresso: snore

I was so happy when HK-51 came out.

Advice on how to make them better? Make them more interesting, less single-minded and self-absorbed. Have some of their comments when you talk to them be nice instead of talking to you like they'd rather be rid of you.

Qyzen: *growl*

Iresso: "don't push your luck", "nice armor, I know, but the staring is getting weird"

Zenith: "I know what I'm doing."

Tharan: "Just one moment, Jedi". "Holiday, a little help", (huffs) "Moving along!"

Nadia: the only one whose comments are nice.

It's reached a point where rather than talk to them I want to roll a Sith Pureblood just to slap them.

Edited by RevansSoul

• 1 month later...
For the Jedi Knight, honestly I love him, he is totally awesome, but I'm going to have to say T7-O1. Frankly he does an extremely low amount of damage, and isn't very good at keeping agro. I also hear Rusk isn't much good either, but I don't have him so I wouldn't know. For the smuggler, I'm going to say Bowdaar. I had really high hopes for him being a wookiee and all, but he does very little damage and is hard to keep geared. Even when he is geared, he isn't as good at tanking as Corso.

People may find Iresso boring but next to Rush, ranged companion for the JK, he's the best there is in the game. Rush, after finishing the planet where you meet up with him, just falls on your lap, out of nowhere, simply because you need a ranged DPS. Having in mind how the other companions are introduced and how much I loved them all - especially Scourge - the introduction of Rusk is just underwhelming.

Also, shouldn't the game take into account that my female Consular actually married him? Feels weird to me that he would protest at the fact she's staring at him. I mean, seriously...?!

:(:confused:

Ashara. She's annoying, she seems to think she knows everything, not to mention that she said she wanted to pilot my assassin's ship because she did fine in some simulator, if I remember correct. But Andronikos said no and then that little girlie had the guts to whine about it to me, assassin who was a. In Dark V and pretty clearly couldn't care less about Ashara and B. married to Andronikos. Andronikos is a fine dps, I don't need Ashara, I don't like Ashara.

Nothing wrong with the character itself actually, her personality is thought true and she follows it, I just don't like it. At all. You just can't please everyone.

Skadge - seriously, why do I have to let him on my ship? I don't need his sort and he isn't helpful at all

Ashara - Too whiny for my taste, I don't like her. However, I must admit that she contributes to the story

Broonmark - Another case of why do I have to take a monster that only wants to kill. Still a bit better than Skadge. My companions said he could be useful, but I've yet to encounter a point storywise that would prove that.

Raina Temple - She's force-sensitive so what? I've never seen it play any role in my story. Besides, I don't like her as well. Like Skadge and Broonmark she feels forced on me.

I have a friend who absolutely hates Scourge for what he did to Revan. She said that she had -1000 affection to him because the only reason she keeps him with her while questing is to annoy him. xD

To be perfectly honest, he's my favorite companion in the whole game I think. Kaliyo comes pretty close but still, not close enough. Awesome backstory, perfect voice acting and kickass lines during combat: ;)

- "YOU INSECT!"

- "MAKE YOUR LAST NOISES!"

- "FEEL THE POWER OF THE SITH!"

- - - -

I do admit he's hard to love at the very beginning though. :cool:

To be perfectly honest, he's my favorite companion in the whole game I think. Kaliyo comes pretty close but still, not close enough. Awesome backstory, perfect voice acting and kickass lines during combat: ;)

- "YOU INSECT!"

- "MAKE YOUR LAST NOISES!"

- "FEEL THE POWER OF THE SITH!"

- - - -

I do admit he's hard to love at the very beginning though. :cool:

Argh, now I gotta play my Jedi Knight right away >.<

I am so looking forward to getting him (though, atm, I play my second Jugger and a Mercenary.

From what I've read he's Melee tank. Does he do reasonable DPS when set in DPS stance?

Most pointless? I feel like that's Akaavi. To the Smuggler plot, I see little reason why my character should have taken her on board when he already had the information he needed. Even her combat skills aren't enough to buy her passage because I already got a wookie in my back pocket that is pretty much guarunteed to be loyal.

Worst? Story-wise, I hate Yuun. He has almost no personality. And I say that as somebody who played with him for all of Voss and Correlia; it was very rare that he got a +/- for anything I said or did. Basically Yuun had no personality whatsoever.

Argh, now I gotta play my Jedi Knight right away >.<

I am so looking forward to getting him (though, atm, I play my second Jugger and a Mercenary.

From what I've read he's Melee tank. Does he do reasonable DPS when set in DPS stance?

Your guess is as good as mine. I never used him as a DPS companion to be honest, since the two knights I have are both DPS.

Im gonna create my hateable list 1st (this one is of course subjective and greatly depends in ur likes):

Corso Riggs: oh, come on, a farm boy in the hyperspace time? Also is a really bad tank for a RDPS, he normally pulls mobs to u instead of keep them away, in all i prefer Bowdaar as tank for Smugglers, also the HanSolo/Chewie counterpart ;)

Vette: yeah, i know a lot of ppl love her, but i cant simply handle her screamy voice, also a really bad 1st companion for a Sith causeu loose affection with every DarkSide choice u do, so i ended dismissing her previous to conversations.

Aric Jorgan: he is so proud to have met himself.....

Risha: a greedy witch, so simple.

Then my useless ones (again, this basically depends the way u play, but this is my experience):

T7: cause u get Kira really fast and she is way more usefull in every sense

Tanno Vik: compared with the droid he is patethic, M1 is a million times better tank

Spar: used her 3 times b4 realizing that is completely pointless cause Risha deals way more dmg (mainly cause she use your own stats as smuggler, so all old gear ends in her and Tunno)

Gault: having Mako is a complete waste of effort to equipt him, Mako is a million times more usefull

Andronikos: ur main character allways end dealing more dmg than him in healing mode, a really low DPS for a RDPS

Also gonna create a LOVED ones list (even more subjective that the 2 previous ones):

Scorpio: i completely love this MeleTank, no clue if its the apperance or the the good balance of DPS for a tank-based companion, but is my main companion in my Sniper.

Khem: im gonna sound really strange, but is the only character i want to romance cause i LOVE the beast, best tank ever and comes with an AoE that also heal a little generating a huge amount of threat, in all the best tank-companion of the game.

Lokin: oh, come on! He transforms in a Raghoul!! Is damn awesome! Also a great healer and a nice DPS, i use to switch both instances in him and he worth the time to learn to do it in combat, a really nice one.

Bowdaar: 2 reason mainly, but both are " i hate Corso" in someway, either as conversation partner or as tank-based, i prefer the Wookie, at least he doesnt pull mobs to me.

Mako: all people who played as BountyHunter loves her, cause she is lovely, and if u go LightSide is simply a crazy amount of affection u can get from a companion just doing conversations.

Kira/Jaessa: both them depoy a really good amount of DPS and in overall have a really nice story, characterization and background, also good to get rid of the 1st companions of Warrior/Knights, that arent exactly awesome ones.

Quinn/Doc: not exactly love them, but are the damn best healer companions of the game, u can easily solo a lot of content marked as 2+ just with their help.

Your guess is as good as mine. I never used him as a DPS companion to be honest, since the two knights I have are both DPS.

Alright, guess I'll have to try.

And to the poster above me: No, not everyone loves Mako, I kinda dislike her, because I find her annoying. Really, I barely knew Braden and she expects me to be all like: this is the saddest day of my life. A lot of people die around me, why should I care so much about a single person?