Weapons for an Era of War....

JokersFate

Right so here's my thing... Lightsabers are great and I'm not saying I don't like them... but aren't they kinda common now?

I mean there are tons of other lightsaber variants out there that I'd personally like to see implemented into something besides the comic books and novels....

There are the Light Whips, cross guard sabres, Guard Shoto (Lightsaber Tonfa), lightsaber pikes, and Longa handled lightsaber (which in some cases make the weapon look like Light Naginata's)

I'm not saying I want to get rid of lightsbaers...I'm just saying I'd like to see some of the more interesting and unique cousins of this amazing weapon....

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

While it is an interesting idea, you also have to remember that most Star Wars games are designed to appeal to the widest audience possible. With KoTOR and SWTOR, both games can cater to the wide audience because of the fact they don't draw heavily from the EU.

You ask a person who's only seen the 6 movies what weapon do Jedi use they'd like say 'lightsabers'. Ask what color(s) 'Blue and green.'

So the weapons are really iconic of the Force using classes. Just like Inquisitors get lightning, warriors get choke, and consulars can hurl things. The movies show this enough that your average person can recognize the class.

Adding in the various weaponry you mentioned would have the average person confused.

I'll give you that completely. I'm a Film Major in my normal life and we are taught much about the playing to the largest possible audience... . (Why we had to sit through the Re..re..re..re...retelling of stories like Spidermans origins)

And I'm not saying we shove it out there and make them deal with it (Though...sometimes I'd like nothing more than to do just that)

I'm just saying they could be put into the game...even if it's just as an aesthetic thing...

For instance let's say I make a Sith inquisitor, choose to do Assassin and tank for my friends...

I'd ditch my double bladed lightsaber for Lightsaber tonfa's in a second even if they statistically they functioned the exact same just because it would give me a little more individuality...

Wouldn't you????

I'll give you that completely. I'm a Film Major in my normal life and we are taught much about the playing to the largest possible audience... . (Why we had to sit through the Re..re..re..re...retelling of stories like Spidermans origins)

And I'm not saying we shove it out there and make them deal with it (Though...sometimes I'd like nothing more than to do just that)

I'm just saying they could be put into the game...even if it's just as an aesthetic thing...

For instance let's say I make a Sith inquisitor, choose to do Assassin and tank for my friends...

I'd ditch my double bladed lightsaber for Lightsaber tonfa's in a second even if they statistically they functioned the exact same just because it would give me a little more individuality...

Wouldn't you????

Nope, but then I'm a fan of the classics.

:jawa_cool:

What this game needs is Bolters! and Choppas! and erm... Those monofiliment (Sp?) weapons that the Lanky Psychic boys use! Yea proper weapons of War!

But seriously I wouldn't see a problem with those been added later on, Just make them in the End game and advertise using the "Normal" Lightsaber.

Volla! More Variety while the average Joe sees what they know.

Edited by CptBrit

I'd like to see different lightsaber variants brought in for new advanced classes. Something like. . .

Jedi Champion (Jedi Knight) - Proto/Retro Saber

Jedi Watchman (Jedi Consular) - Lightsaber Pike

Sith Praetorian (Sith Warrior) - Lightsaber Pike

Sith Alchemist (Sith Inquisitor) - Sith Sword

I'd like to see different lightsaber variants brought in for new advanced classes. Something like. . .

Jedi Champion (Jedi Knight) - Proto/Retro Saber

Jedi Watchman (Jedi Consular) - Lightsaber Pike

Sith Praetorian (Sith Warrior) - Lightsaber Pike

Sith Alchemist (Sith Inquisitor) - Sith Sword

I'd love to have the Sith Sword for my Sith-pureblood Sorceress, would really add some flavour-+-more lore/artifcats of power. ;):ph_good_post::sy_empire: