So. Ninjas yea?

So...let's just imagine I want a Power crystal, which isn't available in any weapon available to my class at the 5man tier. If I ask if I'm allowed to roll on other people's tokens to mod rip...do you tell me I can't and brand me a ninja? Do you ninja roll against me? Do you tell me I'm not allowed because you don't think I deserve a shot at the reason I signed up for the run?

If I paid loads of credits it out gear a place, and I just want things for cosmetic reasons or companions, why shouldn't I get my 25% shot to win anything I might want?

You could buy a power crystal off the GTN. on my server they are about 100k at the most for a 41 and you can prolly find one alot cheaper.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See there are people that somehow don't get it and will defend need rolling everything....

No , you don't have the right to make a decision on what another player rolls . Do I behave this way ? Sometimes, its my choice not yours.

Edited by TheOne

No , you don't have the right to make a decision on what another player rolls . Do I behave this way ? Sometimes, its my choice not yours.

And this is whats going wrong with the world. People can only think of themselves and not others. Yes you took time to run the FP, you deserve your items, but so did the others that ran it and they deserve theirs just as much. Unless you can solo the FP you NEED THEIR HELP so respect them.

I am not telling you how you HAVE to act just how you should. No I cannot force someone to be thoughtful and courteous but I can encourage that behavior and /kick or /ignore those that wish not to act like human beings and/or adults. That is my choice. So yes you can need roll everything just to be a selfish a** but everyone else in that group can /votekick and/or /ignore you. So ask yourself, is need rolling that one comp item worth missing out on the rest of the FP loot (that you may ACTUALLY NEED) and dealing with ever increasing queue times due to being mass ignored

Can't buy a purple power crystal on the GTN. Gotta pull it from non-Warrior Columi gear. I'm not talking about disassembling, which is a variant of a greed roll, I'm talking about taking something to mod-rip because you want the crystal or enhancement (which have no main stat.)

You aren't entitled to every piece of loot with your main stat on it. I wouldn't roll against anyone for a companion, but if I'm running a FP for a specific drop I intend to use, I don't care what other people there feel my priorities should be.

Can't buy a purple power crystal on the GTN. Gotta pull it from non-Warrior Columi gear. I'm not talking about disassembling, which is a variant of a greed roll, I'm talking about taking something to mod-rip because you want the crystal or enhancement (which have no main stat.)

You aren't entitled to every piece of loot with your main stat on it. I wouldn't roll against anyone for a companion, but if I'm running a FP for a specific drop I intend to use, I don't care what other people there feel my priorities should be.

instaead of just stealing what a warrior needs just ASK NICELY,it's not hard.

For some people this is their first MMO. At low levels try explaining how this need and greed thing works. In the first couple of FP the ninjas are alot more common than in the later FP, so some of the ninjas probably do so because they dont know better.

Definitely this, I had a player that thought greed "sounded" you know, greedy, so he picked need instead, he was actually doing the opposite of what he was intending.

After a couple of tells, this was his first mmo.

There are no hard rules, and then would you want customer service to spand more time on those and less on more important issues? Not that I'm too impressed with support at this time, but still making them waste more time playing mommies and daddies won't benefit the game long term.

It's an issue we have to sort out as players, and the general rule of thumb is that need means it's a direct improvement for your character.

The best example of handling the situation I can give: I was playing a Juggernaut tank and a piece I needed dropped, and ofcourse a sniper or sorcerer or something other damage (not a warrior) rolled need and got it ofcourse. So I asked him to give it to me cause it was a need for me and his character had no use for it (was already having the bind timers when this happened). He ignored me or made stupid comments that he needed it for companion or whatnot, or even said he wanted to sell it (with it being bound), so I put him on ignore. I then proceeded waiting for the item to be given to me, so that person had to give it to another group member who gave it to me, then we continued, but I didn't take him off my ignore list, so I never grouped with him again (so far), at least won't on that character.

So perhaps he learned how to behave, or perhaps he's on a lot of ignore lists now or even left.

I do have to say this has gotten a LOT worse since "free to play", making it more important to teach people uncommon sense (I just can't call it that common). If I was a free to player i'd try to break the stereotype, but a LOT are just confirming it.

At the end of the day the ignore list is your friend, too bad it doesn't work with warzones.

instaead of just stealing what a warrior needs just ASK NICELY,it's not hard.

Just getting people to understand what mod ripping was in this thread took 2 posts. Good Luck with all 3 people in a pug.

Asking nicely gets you told "No dats for teh merc, dont be greedy." I'm just pointing out that people have unreasonable expectations of entitlement, and I'm going to ignore their etiquette when I think it's wrong. I'd be happy to tell them ahead of time if I were a tank, but I have no leverage as a melee DPS, so rather than get kicked by asking before the drop, I'll just wait and roll - since the game client tells me I have every right to. If I can't explain my position sufficiently to stay off an ignore list, then I'll consider myself lucky to never see that person again.

Only once have I succeeded in winning the crystal I wanted in a 5man. I waited for the merc healer to greed the item, then I picked need - since the guy who probably feels most entitled didn't Need it. Even then I got called out on it, on behalf of the merc, but by another player. He seemed to understand what I told him about wanting the crystal, but still thought, "What if other people also wanted it for that reason? That's a greed roll!"

No. I don't think it is. I'd have no right to complain if others needed it and I lost. Sorry I insulted his sense of fairness, but my gain was no one's loss.

To be honest, it would be easy to sort out if BW wanted. Stick with the current system, but each player only gets one need roll per FP on an item that isn't specific to their class.

The current system usually works, and people, in my experience, usually don't do it after being called out. If they do they can be replaced.

I think there should be a "Companion" button. It's annoying when a gear upgrade for me is lost to someone who picks need on an item they won't actually use, and will only give to their companions.

But on the other hand, it is also annoying when gear I can't use, but have a companion who can, is lost to someone who is just going to sell it.

I wholeheartedly agree that players are more important than companions. But I also think companions should out prioritize people who won't use the gear in any way and will just make some extra credits off it.

I imagine that the "companion" button would place you at a lower priority than "need", but at a higher priority than "greed".

I do need stuff not for my current character class ONLY IF someone doesen't really need it. And really i mean that they have like tionese chest and columni drops (no need from me), but when he does have columni and boss drops columni he will need it for offspec and in that case i need it for my other character and i take that as a equal situation = Need roll from him and me.

When you need something for you companion, it's just wrong. (You WANT that but you dont NEED it)

Oh and i forgot to say that i'm also polite and ask if it is ok to need for other toons i have.

In conclusion: I'm not sure if i am a ninja or not :D

And for those who are planning to say: They are BOP OMG NOOB, there is a way to do something to get them to your other toons, while they are BOP ;))

Just getting people to understand what mod ripping was in this thread took 2 posts. Good Luck with all 3 people in a pug.

Asking nicely gets you told "No dats for teh merc, dont be greedy." I'm just pointing out that people have unreasonable expectations of entitlement, and I'm going to ignore their etiquette when I think it's wrong. I'd be happy to tell them ahead of time if I were a tank, but I have no leverage as a melee DPS, so rather than get kicked by asking before the drop, I'll just wait and roll - since the game client tells me I have every right to. If I can't explain my position sufficiently to stay off an ignore list, then I'll consider myself lucky to never see that person again.

Only once have I succeeded in winning the crystal I wanted in a 5man. I waited for the merc healer to greed the item, then I picked need - since the guy who probably feels most entitled didn't Need it. Even then I got called out on it, on behalf of the merc, but by another player. He seemed to understand what I told him about wanting the crystal, but still thought, "What if other people also wanted it for that reason? That's a greed roll!"

No. I don't think it is. I'd have no right to complain if others needed it and I lost. Sorry I insulted his sense of fairness, but my gain was no one's loss.

I have honestly never seen someone say no if someone asked if the could do a need roll for a comp or alt. Just ask, I and many others will just say take it even if I need it. But if you roll need for an alt without asking you will likely wind up on my ignore lists and get booted. What's funny about this is that it is always the dps who does this stuff and they are the ones who should be doing anything possible to stay off healer and tank ignore lists.

you sent a Ticket ? what do you think there going to do about it ? they do my head in too but it would never cross my mind to submit such an useless ticket. you can do 2 things

1 need everything and become the thing you hate

2 only play with Guild members or friends

Edited by Genuine

You realize you can just use a crit crystal and then swap out a mod or enhancement that has power with one that has crit right? Then you get the stats you need and look you want.

"crap. missclicked. f2p, can't trade"

been hearing that one a lot lately on lowbie flashpoints and heroics.....

I hear that so much lately that I am doubting they really misclicked and just greed-needed. Had one of those recently when doing one with a friend and 2 randoms. At least he wasn't really free (I'm guessing he was preferred and not a subscriber).

A damage in tank stance (making my and my friend's jobs a LOT harder) needed on something my friend was the only one who needed it and he got it. We managed to get him to give the item to my friend, then we proceeded by vote-kicking him.

Ofcourse he also jumped into fights first and refused to listen, so it wasn't just the needing that made us want him gone. It's the only way some people may learn, but doubtful they will.

If ya lose a roll , you lose a roll, move on down the road. Sorry but you don't own the roll system everyone has a chance to win an item , that goes for all of you in this thread. You all sound like a bunch of drama queens, all hurt cause you lost a lvl 15-20 gear roll. Get over yourselves. You out level that crap in a day anyways. Some people think they should dictate how others play like they invented mmo's and the roll system, wrong and /fail. Have I lost class specific rolls to ******s? Yes I have , do I report them on the forums and act like a retard ? No.

You, Sir, are a jerk. If you don't want to abide by social contracts then go solo, but don't you dare enter a TEAM and then say "haha, I dnt kare efffff u all lol adsdkngf"

You enter a group, you abide by those social contracts. If you don't want to do that dont sign up for group finder. End of story. hate people like you.

You, Sir, are a jerk. If you don't want to abide by social contracts then go solo, but don't you dare enter a TEAM and then say "haha, I dnt kare efffff u all lol adsdkngf"

You enter a group, you abide by those social contracts. If you don't want to do that dont sign up for group finder. End of story. hate people like you.

yep,+1

To be fair I don't think he gets it. Everyone has a chance to roll... If they could actually use the item for themselves

kick and ignore...Then post their name in your guild forum, so the rest of your guild can ignore too. People need to remember that when you get ignored by some, you are getting ignore on more than one toon. In my case that is 2 healers, 1 tank and 1 dps.

I use to be way more forgiving about it, but now with the "I win" attitude, I just kick and forget.

Also to the person saying you out level the gear. My knight is still wearing the chest and pants she got at level 15, same boots from level 20 and the same head, belt and bracers she got before getting to 50. Pretty sure the lightsaber is the one I my toon made herself in the class story. So no you do not out-level gear. Orange gear is like that.

Edited by mikebevo