What's wrong with a non-healing support class?

Felioats

They're so rare in these games, but I love them. I really enjoy the support role, but staring at health bars makes me feel like I'm not really playing the game, just enabling other people to.

Do you think they'll ever add one? Maybe with lots of buffs, debuffs and crowd control? What should it be like? Another Jedi class, or something else?

It wouldn't work well with the current dynamics. You've got bosses with enrage timers, to insure that DPS aren't absolute crap. There's only a 4 person group size. And there's 16 man operations to consider.

A force multiplier would become a required class for raids. If they could be stacked, they'd trivialize content or else the content would have to be designed with multiples of them being used, essentially making it a requirement. If they didn't stack, then you wouldn't want multiples.

Sort of sucky, but a downside of 4 person groups and the game mechanics. Those sort of classes worked well in EQ with its 6 man group sizes and the CoX ones were excellent, but that game had an 8 man group size and was very casual, trivializing things wasn't that big of a deal. DCUO did it as well, of course, with 4 man groups, but it was designed so that you wanted one of each role, one healer, one tank, one controller, and one DPS.

Edited by Battilea