Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

I worked hard and long when crafting my WH character and put my "big boy/girl pants on".

See? It still won't follow me in life. If I have to spell it out for you:

Twinking implies will not follow me

"legit" WH implies will not follow me

therefore, I conclude that twinking or getting legit wh is irrelevant to whether or not it follows me and your post is invalid :)

Before you say that; I think you should see the definition of "Twink"

thanks to this thread; we know who you are. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :p

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the internet... no one takes anyone seriously. -.- I especially don't take anyone seriously who shows a lack of reasoning skills, reading comprehension, or common sense.

I take certain things on the internet very seriously. It all depends on the situation. When I post, I'm very serious unless the other guy is trying to troll or being an idiot. I say what I mean, whether that's in life or on a forum.

You can try to brush it off like its nothing, but the fact remains that you were so incredibly frustrated with this thread that you said you were gonna stop posting here like 4 times?, but kept coming back for more. If you can't even take your own words seriously, why should anyone else?

Onto the subject at hand:

My stated reason for the change actually is to bring PvP in line with other leveling related activities... which give exp for smaller tasks during the course of the activity (Questing, Class Missions, Flashpoints, and Space).

As the other poster brought up, Instant +comms could have people leaving if they can receive them fast enough (or if they are enough per) and it's quicker to get in a new match than it is to finish this one. I however suggested adding a +credit gain for the medals, as one of the complaints I've seen post 50 is how poorly PvP pays compared to PvE. I believe a +Exp and +Credits instantly upon receiving a medal (capping at 8 like post-wz rewards) would do nicely.

Except that quest, class, and FPs all give xp, credits, and items along the way. These are all things you get as a reward at the end, and in far greater quantities. So if you're trying to bring WZs in line with other parts of the game, medals need to reward comms, valor, credits, and xp.

Edited by Smashbrother

I take certain things on the internet very seriously. It all depends on the situation. When I post, I'm very serious unless the other guy is trying to troll or being an idiot. I say what I mean, whether that's in life or on a forum.

You can try to brush it off like its nothing, but the fact remains that you were so incredibly frustrated with this thread that you said you were gonna stop posting here like 4 times?, but kept coming back for more.

Cool story bro.

Except that quest, class, and FPs all give xp, credits, and items along the way. These are all things you get as a reward at the end, and in far greater quantities. So if you're trying to bring WZs in line with other parts of the game, medals need to reward comms, valor, credits, and xp.

The items items during the undertaking of those tasks are normal trash or greens, which translate into credits more than anything else. There are some rare chances at blues and/or purples, but it's not a guarantee like giving +comms would be. Also, comms are multi-use and are much more useful than the random blues you find (which often get vendored/gtn'ed)

Valor is not gain from any of the above mentioned activities either, it is social assuming you are in a group (and not in space). So actually, +exp, +credits, +social would be more appropriate per medal.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

Cool story bro.

IKR

The items items during the undertaking of those tasks are normal trash or greens, which translate into credits more than anything else. There are some rare chances at blues and/or purples, but it's not a guarantee like giving +comms would be. Also, comms are multi-use and are much more useful than the random blues you find (which often get vendored/gtn'ed)

Valor is not gain from any of the above mentioned activities either, it is social assuming you are in a group (and not in space). So actually, +exp, +credits, +social would be more appropriate per medal.

Quests, missions, FPs give you credit, xp, items as reward. In the process you get credit, xp, items.

So it's only consistent if you make medals give comms, credits, xp, valor.

Edited by Smashbrother

Quests, missions, FPs give you credit, xp, items as reward. In the process you get credit, xp, items.

So it's only consistent if you make medals give comms, credits, xp, valor.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Of the "leveling activities" nothing can ever be completely balanced, it can just be mostly balanced. For example, Space gives exp during the mission, but not credits, items, or social. Questing/Class missions give during exp, credits, a chance at an item (usually green, which is useless post 50) and/or social if you are grouped. Flashpoints are the same, except their chance at "better" items is slighlty higher. Killing "Bosses" are considered part of completion, so their chance at items is not included as "things given during the activity."

I guess it would be up to the dev's then to decide how much they would add into "during rewards" for pvp, but currently pvp is the only leveling activity that has -all- of it's rewards back loaded.

(Imo, if they decided to reward comms it would have to be something like +2 instant comms per medal, as even if you gain 8 medals in 3 minutes, 16 comms is not worth the effort of quitting, and then waiting for a new warzone.)

Now - instead of wasting YOUR time in my thread -- why don't you take your twink, gained through exploiting (vs a legitimate twink, of which there are plenty), and go beat up some low levels instead of asking questions with moot answers?

Soo reasoning is 100% waste of time since you 'in your thread' assume all who dissagree are 'twinks' who harras poor low level ppl and at best you put all of us on 'ignore' so whole internet has same opinion as you.My level 40 'twinki' is in wz que eu time, beware mua ha ha ha

cought Bolster cought skills cought .

edit:again, where can I sign under 'medal giving exp,comms and creds?

Edited by Atramar

Experience and Valor should reward the effort. Commendations and credits should reward the result, I think.

Kills and medals should award experience and right away - in fact in most MMO games it works that way. If you kill someone in PvE (be that a class quest, planetary quest, fp, op or space mission), you get exp right away, why should it be different in PvP? A simple change, have kills award experience, and this thread will become unnecesarry. You are entitled to your experience right away for killing something.

EDIT: A larger experience boost should still be given out at the end of the match, based on medals and mvps, but xp for kills would ensure that no one can perpetually stay at a certain level.

I would also give out valor points on the fly. Say 1 for the first kill, 2 for the second, 5 for the third, 10 for the fourth and 20 for the fifth and each consecutive kill thereafter. If you die, you start from 1 again.

As for Medals awarding credits and comms right away? No, I think this wouldn't be a particularly good idea because some medals are notoriously easy to get. (2,5k dmg, 5k dmg, 2,5k heal, 5k heal, def medals etc.) If this was the case, there would be no incentive to remain in a losing warzone once you get 8 medals. We'd see entire teams desert once they realize that they cannot turn the match around. (It is already happening to a certain extent but instant credits and comms would aggravate the issue.)

I realize that it would help people who accidentally disconnect in the middle of a match not leave empty-handed for their effort, but in the case of credits and commendations, I think the potential of their misuse far outweighs the potential of their usefulness.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

@CommanderKeeva:

about medals giving exp, cash and comms, it could be ratio, like only 1/4 of normal value, and rest 3/4 would be given on end of match, that would stop 'infinite' L 49, would help people who DC, and would be not enouth to exploit 'get into wz, 8 medals, leave' .

or 1/5 on the spot and 4/5 + win/loose reward + mvp

Experience and Valor should reward the effort. Commendations and credits should reward the result, I think.

Kills and medals should award experience and right away - in fact in most MMO games it works that way. If you kill someone in PvE (be that a class quest, planetary quest, fp, op or space mission), you get exp right away, why should it be different in PvP? A simple change, have kills award experience, and this thread will become unnecesarry. You are entitled to your experience right away for killing something.

EDIT: A larger experience boost should still be given out at the end of the match, based on medals and mvps, but xp for kills would ensure that no one can perpetually stay at a certain level.

I would also give out valor points on the fly. Say 1 for the first kill, 2 for the second, 5 for the third, 10 for the fourth and 20 for the fifth and each consecutive kill thereafter. If you die, you start from 1 again.

As for Medals awarding credits and comms right away? No, I think this wouldn't be a particularly good idea because some medals are notoriously easy to get. (2,5k dmg, 5k dmg, 2,5k heal, 5k heal, def medals etc.) If this was the case, there would be no incentive to remain in a losing warzone once you get 8 medals. We'd see entire teams desert once they realize that they cannot turn the match around. (It is already happening to a certain extent but instant credits and comms with aggravate the issue.)

I realize that it would help people who accidentally disconnect in the middle of a match not leave empty-handed for their effort, but in the case of credits and commendations, I think the potential of their misuse far outweighs the potential of their usefulness.

I think this is an adequate solution - similar to one Doomsday presented earlier I believe. A slow leak of xp, a chunk rewarded at the end. I agree that Comms and credits right away would encourage people quitting early even more.

Edited by Seena

As for Medals awarding credits and comms right away? No, I think this wouldn't be a particularly good idea because some medals are notoriously easy to get. (2,5k dmg, 5k dmg, 2,5k heal, 5k heal, def medals etc.) If this was the case, there would be no incentive to remain in a losing warzone once you get 8 medals. We'd see entire teams desert once they realize that they cannot turn the match around. (It is already happening to a certain extent but instant credits and comms would aggravate the issue.)

An excellent idea, and I am in agreement for most of it.

The only thing I would point out is exp for kills has a few issues that I think would be better handled by medals instead.

Exp for kills is exploitable because people could ignore objectives and just farm each other if they ended up on opposite teams. Since there is no limit to kills you can achieve (and some matches have no time limit) this could cause a potential "super match" if both teams agreed to just farm.

Medals (even without the 8-limit) are a finite number instead, and thus are less exploitable.

Other than that, I like the Exp+Valor per X, then a comm, exp, valor, and credit reward at the end.

@Seena, I believe the idea was actually posted first by Uglymjr, but I could be incorrect. I only reitterated it in a clearer context.

An excellent idea, and I am in agreement for most of it.

The only thing I would point out is exp for kills has a few issues that I think would be better handled by medals instead.

Exp for kills is exploitable because people could ignore objectives and just farm each other if they ended up on opposite teams. Since there is no limit to kills you can achieve (and some matches have no time limit) this could cause a potential "super match" if both teams agreed to just farm.

Medals (even without the 8-limit) are a finite number instead, and thus are less exploitable.

Other than that, I like the Exp+Valor per X, then a comm, exp, valor, and credit reward at the end.

@Seena, I believe the idea was actually posted first by Uglymjr, but I could be incorrect. I only reitterated it in a clearer context.

Duly noted. Thanks for giving credit where credit is due.

I patiently waded through all the pages of this topic.

I agree that what the perpetual 49's are doing (which I have personally encoutered on The Shadowlands) is not what was intended by the game design. I played DAoC which had an xp-off feature so you could stay at the battleground of your choice forever (Molvik was the favorite) and the feature has been present in many other games. The fact that the feature is not present here leads me to believe that Bioware does not expect you to be able to engage in normal experience earning activities and not advance towards your next level. Especially with the broad level range PvP bracket currently in place, which I think works pretty well overall.

The thing that I find most telling about this whole discussion has been the lack of attention paid to the effect on new players if this behavior flourishes. We want to encourage new players to PvP and to make it enjoyable for them so that they continue and the community grows. The demoralizing effect of walking into a Warzone as a new player and getting stomped can not be trivialized. While it could happen regardless, it's much more likely to happen if you have a great deal of "professional noob-stompers" on the other side. Having them on your own side won't matter, that won't be the experience they remember. Especially since the sub-50 PvP design encourages people to PvP at very low levels, the chance of having a good experience running into a decked out level 49 toon is pretty slim. If they have bad early experiences in sub-50 PvP, they are going to not participate in it, which means they will likely not participate in 50 PvP, and you have lost the chance to grow the PvP community.

If you want to gear up a lower level toon to have a gear advantage, that's fine, go for it, enjoy. But I would not be suprised to find that Bioware institutes a change that makes the ability to play warzones continually without gaining experience disappear.

I agree that what the perpetual 49's are doing (which I have personally encoutered on The Shadowlands) is not what was intended by the game design. I played DAoC which had an xp-off feature so you could stay at the battleground of your choice forever (Molvik was the favorite) and the feature has been present in many other games. The fact that the feature is not present here leads me to believe that Bioware does not expect you to be able to engage in normal experience earning activities and not advance towards your next level. Especially with the broad level range PvP bracket currently in place, which I think works pretty well overall.

The thing that I find most telling about this whole discussion has been the lack of attention paid to the effect on new players if this behavior flourishes. We want to encourage new players to PvP and to make it enjoyable for them so that they continue and the community grows. The demoralizing effect of walking into a Warzone as a new player and getting stomped can not be trivialized. While it could happen regardless, it's much more likely to happen if you have a great deal of "professional noob-stompers" on the other side. Having them on your own side won't matter, that won't be the experience they remember. Especially since the sub-50 PvP design encourages people to PvP at very low levels, the chance of having a good experience running into a decked out level 49 toon is pretty slim. If they have bad early experiences in sub-50 PvP, they are going to not participate in it, which means they will likely not participate in 50 PvP, and you have lost the chance to grow the PvP community.

If you want to gear up a lower level toon to have a gear advantage, that's fine, go for it, enjoy. But I would not be suprised to find that Bioware institutes a change that makes the ability to play warzones continually without gaining experience disappear.

Twinks were rampant in WoW looooooooooong before Blizz finally made twinking a "feature". If anything, BW will do the same here and have twink only Qs.

Anyone who is going to quit the game because they got stomped in pvp already has quit. You don't need 49 twinks on your team to completely stomp the enemy. Whiners like that never sub for any length of time--if they sub at all--and only add to more QQ on the forums.

Edited by Smashbrother

I did bring this issue up. That it was COMPLETELY unacceptable that anyone should have a bad PvP experience from these exploiters. Thank-you for rendering my thoughts more eloquently.

The solution is simple, and has been stated many times in this thread. Make xp gains per medal instead of a block at the end. Also, for an incentive for others not wishing to stick at 49, have a bit extra exp at the end for the winning team.

That technique isn't effective on my server - these people are determined to dominate the WZs. And it is becoming a more common practice - again. 2 weeks ago I didn't know of it. Now I encounter it a few times daily. I PvP daily.

I cannot imagine it is part of the intended mechanic. And until it's fixed - I think, should it follow the current trend, it is only going to get worse.

Funny -- you can see in this thread who isn't willing to put their big boy pants on.... lol

I PvP 16+ hours a day on my server. You're right. It's getting so very very common. It's literally happening every other game, there's are least 3 twinks inside (18k sins that hit for 5k a pop. 19k PT's that kill you two shots. Vice versa for imperial side. Pubs do it as well). Gear is part of the game, sure, but so is skill. Level 49's that continuously drop games so they don't hit 50 are doing nothing but griefing. They get nothing aside from the satisfaction of dominating lesser geared people who don't really stand a chance. Worse is when they roll a 4+-man team (you can literally run with 8 if you synch que). Before you start screaming 'You're a nub! Gear up!' I have. I leveled 9 level 50's. I did the BM gear grind on TWO toons before they made it easysauce. I also had two toons in champ/cent gear. The rest: Full BM. I've seen what the 50 bracket is like in recruit gear (4 toons: Op, Guard, Merc, Mara.), and I still did well in it. Any BM geared toon I jump in with, I can still do extremely well vs people in WH gear. I have a fighting chance. 'Breaking' the Bolster buff by modding out the way they do is just pathetic. The worst is when they're running around ~lvl 10-18 WITHOUT an Advanced class. Don't believe me? Try it yourself. A total of ~20k damage with a single master strike is a bit scary and broken.

I, myself, have tested this stuff. I threw entirely purple mods and gear on my guard at level 49 (I can afford what I can't get, but doing dailies I can mod an entire set of gear over the course of 5 days. It takes me MAYBE 30mins to do said dailies each day. I can make TONS of money selling these mods as well. It's not in my best interest that this stops. BUT, I can see new players, f2p players, and veteran players alike leaving this game because of this crap). I rolled half-defense, half-focus. Sat in Soresu form. My smashes were still netting 5k and I was literally unkillable. Thing is: I leveled up.

I PvP 16+ hours a day on my server. You're right. It's getting so very very common. It's literally happening every other game, there's are least 3 twinks inside (18k sins that hit for 5k a pop. 19k PT's that kill you two shots. Vice versa for imperial side. Pubs do it as well). Gear is part of the game, sure, but so is skill. Level 49's that continuously drop games so they don't hit 50 are doing nothing but griefing. They get nothing aside from the satisfaction of dominating lesser geared people who don't really stand a chance. Worse is when they roll a 4+-man team (you can literally run with 8 if you synch que). Before you start screaming 'You're a nub! Gear up!' I have. I leveled 9 level 50's. I did the BM gear grind on TWO toons before they made it easysauce. I also had two toons in champ/cent gear. The rest: Full BM. I've seen what the 50 bracket is like in recruit gear (4 toons: Op, Guard, Merc, Mara.), and I still did well in it. Any BM geared toon I jump in with, I can still do extremely well vs people in WH gear. I have a fighting chance. 'Breaking' the Bolster buff by modding out the way they do is just pathetic. The worst is when they're running around ~lvl 10-18 WITHOUT an Advanced class. Don't believe me? Try it yourself. A total of ~20k damage with a single master strike is a bit scary and broken.

I, myself, have tested this stuff. I threw entirely purple mods and gear on my guard at level 49 (I can afford what I can't get, but doing dailies I can mod an entire set of gear over the course of 5 days. It takes me MAYBE 30mins to do said dailies each day. I can make TONS of money selling these mods as well. It's not in my best interest that this stops. BUT, I can see new players, f2p players, and veteran players alike leaving this game because of this crap). I rolled half-defense, half-focus. Sat in Soresu form. My smashes were still netting 5k and I was literally unkillable. Thing is: I leveled up.

Thanks Draych, for your insight. Clearly this isn't an isolated issue. Clearly - it's getting worse.

And I think it will only get more so.

The more people that come forward with issues because of these twinks using exploits - the better. Lets hope they give it attention in the near future.

Best,

Seena

Thanks Draych, for your insight. Clearly this isn't an isolated issue. Clearly - it's getting worse.

And I think it will only get more so.

The more people that come forward with issues because of these twinks using exploits - the better. Lets hope they give it attention in the near future.

Best,

Seena

Another major problem isn't that they're twinking at 49. Really, the bolster buff is so broken if you twink at lower levels, your skills hit even harder (It's designed to make up for the lack of utility/spec options at lower levels by making the few skills you do have access to, hit even harder! Thus why opting out of chosing an advanced class for a particular amount of time makes you extremely scary). We've got a group of 2 twink-sins an OP, and a jugg that run around at level 21. They've been there for about a week and a half. They're actually nastier than the 49's. A 4-man sorc team, same thing (They've been around for about 3 weeks, but I have rarely seen them in the past week. Still the same level though): They spam force lightning (Does about 1k a tick on you) the entire game, walk away with 350k'ish damage done in the WZ about 175k healing done. Dominate everyone. The level 31 modded gear from the Cartel Market has made the 31's a nightmare. They'll stay at 31 for weeks, you'll get into back to back to back games vs those players and while you're leveling up - They're not.

Another major problem isn't that they're twinking at 49. Really, the bolster buff is so broken if you twink at lower levels, your skills hit even harder (It's designed to make up for the lack of utility/spec options at lower levels by making the few skills you do have access to, hit even harder! Thus why opting out of chosing an advanced class for a particular amount of time makes you extremely scary). We've got a group of 2 twink-sins an OP, and a jugg that run around at level 21. They've been there for about a week and a half. They're actually nastier than the 49's. A 4-man sorc team, same thing (They've been around for about 3 weeks, but I have rarely seen them in the past week. Still the same level though): They spam force lightning (Does about 1k a tick on you) the entire game, walk away with 350k'ish damage done in the WZ about 175k healing done. Dominate everyone. The level 31 modded gear from the Cartel Market has made the 31's a nightmare. They'll stay at 31 for weeks, you'll get into back to back to back games vs those players and while you're leveling up - They're not.

I have no problems with people, who aren't using exploits to stay at level 49 perpetually, twinking their toons with the best gear they can. None at all. This is totally within normal game mechanics - there will always be people who put the time into maximizing their gear, and it's something imo that should be a part of all MMOs - PVE and PVP.

I have no problems with people, who aren't using exploits to stay at level 49 perpetually, twinking their toons with the best gear they can. None at all. This is totally within normal game mechanics - there will always be people who put the time into maximizing their gear, and it's something imo that should be a part of all MMOs - PVE and PVP.

I can agree and disagree. People should be able to gear out their toons extremely well. Problem is; they're exploiting a system that wasn't meant to be exploited; ie staying at the same level (ANY level) perpetually is breaking game mechanics. They do at lower levels just like at level 49 so it's another way for them to twink and actually get more out of it. Here's an example of how this exactly works:

Level 40 toon, wearing only four pieces of gear (Helm, Boots, Dual blasters) all level 40 modded with blues

Health: 8624

Armor: 744

Damage Reduction: 10%

Defense Chance: 5.0%

Dmg Primary: 371-558

Dmg Secondary: 65-121

Damage Bonus: 153.7

Accuracy: 95.15%

Crit: 22.08%

Crit Multiplier: 55.07%

Now with 4 Purples replacing the blues. Level 29 mods

Health: 9565

Armor: 968

Same DR/DC

Damage (Pri): 411-619

Damage (Sec): 65-121

Same Acc

Crit: 25.22%

Crit Multiplier: Same

FULL level 29 pruple gear: Modded bracers and belt as well. VS (blues) In order to do this, you must remove said mod from the cartel market gear (like most purple gear), the rating of the mod is higher than the equip level, thus giving you an even larger boost (Gear requires lvl 31, the mods are lvl 29 [Rated at 30]. Again, most purple gear is like this)

Health: 17515 (12258)

Armor: 5699 (4325)

Dmg Reduc: 46% (33.4%)

Same DC

Damage 705-1020 (464-551)

Dmg 2ndary: Same

Bonus Damage: 396 (146.8)

Crit Chance: 35.55% (30.03)

Crit Multiplier: 75.01% (57.05%)

As you can see, the gains are really massive.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Draych