Dread Relic Question

Consular_Bob

Hi guys, I have read many posts now about how the BH need to get internal damage relics and all have said that elemental relics are wrong for a BH. However, what has confused me is this

A BH Pyro uses CGC. This produces among other things a chance to deal an additional 10% elemental damage. So why then, should the PT Pyro class, not use the Dread Relic of Elemental Transcendence (which is elemental)? The post i refer to says the below relics are for the following classes:

Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence - Elemental - Force Users without Armor Pen

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance - Internal - Tech Users without Armor Pen

Dread Guard Relic of the Cerulean Nova - Energy - Force users with Armor Pen

Dread Guard Relic of the Kinetic Tempest - Kinetic - Tech users with Armor Pen

I am confused as I obviously want the best out of my BH. Also, should I stick with the Matrix Cube M7-B3 or change this also to a dread?

Would really appreciate some help in understandable english :p

By Aim is currently at 2474 mainstat. Tech Accuracy 110.17%. Crit chance 40.28% Buffed (rating 291). Surge 75.28% (rating 300). Prim Damage 1002 - 1255. Tech Bonus Damage 1058.5 and power rating 781.

As far as I know the damage inflicted by relics is not influenced by any "+% damage" of that type from any stance ability or skill. They are self contained. The biggest factors that do effect them though are armour debuffs and force/tech crit.

For example, full advanced prototype bounty hunter in high energy gas cylinder would get increased bonuses to internal damage, but that bonus does not effect the internal damage from the proc relic. The exception to this would be classes with armour pen built into their stance, against targets with fully debuffed armour.

So to answer your question you want to be using the Internal damage proc so it uses your tech crit. And replace your matrix cube with a pvp relic until you can get a dread guard on use power relic.

OK Cool thx mate. Also, should I take out some crit and replace with power? I see many PT Pyro classes with build where they only have just over 100 crit rating and around the 30% crit chance buffed.

As I am over 40% buffed, would it be better to replace this with a little power?

As long as you are looking at your critical rating, not your total critical chance (which includes what you get from aim). When people talk about diminishing returns on crit they are talking about the crit rating stat specifically. The common mistake is that people refer to the crit chance number on the character sheet as the benchmark for diminishing returns.

In best in slot 27 mods crit rating sits at around 265 for pyro powertechs if your using the battlemaster pvp set bonus. Its important to keep in mind though that stat priorities change as your stat budget goes up. Lots of great info here: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-446.html