There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

frankiestan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of them on Star Forge. I count at least 15 jedi shadows and 7 sith assassins which are always in the gravestone whenever I check. It's probably the same on all servers so that means there are well over 100 accounts doing this. Edited by camzoner

Only reason you defend them so fierce is that you have a horse in the race yourself. Not hard to see what your motive is. How much do you make?

And this is exactly what I've been talking about this whole time. Finger pointing and blind accusations. Thank you, sir, for helping prove my point.

I'm not defending anyone. All I'm trying to point out is that all this thread is about is finger pointing and supposition. I have even stated that there may be something suspicious going on, but without any proof, all you accomplish is getting people worked up, which is borderline trolling.

And I've also said that if you think something is suspicious, report it and move on (what may surprise you is that is exactly what I did - reported and provided screenshots). It's up to BW to investigate and take action. Suspicion does not equate to guilt. This entire thread is a farce. It actually accomplished to get several of you worked up. So again, I give +1 troll point.

Honestly, who the **** cares? Of all the issues with SWTOR, even if it is filled with bots, it is an instance, so at least they arent running around world.

If you think there will ever be an end to bots, I have a bridge to sell you....

You would think people would find something at least interesting to become obsessed with...

Only reason you defend them so fierce is that you have a horse in the race yourself. Not hard to see what your motive is. How much do you make?

If you seriously think PorsaLindahl is a credit scammer, you seriously have issues. Porsa has been part of this community since as far as I can remember.

Seriously, you conspiracy theory yokels need to get a grip, and just let BW do their job. You reported them, yay for you. You achieved really nothing, but at least you can pat yourself on the back for it.

But calling a forum community member, a bot farmer? Because what, they don't agree with you, is the height of just immature ********.

If you seriously think PorsaLindahl is a credit scammer, you seriously have issues. Porsa has been part of this community since as far as I can remember.

Seriously, you conspiracy theory yokels need to get a grip, and just let BW do their job. You reported them, yay for you. You achieved really nothing, but at least you can pat yourself on the back for it.

But calling a forum community member, a bot farmer? Because what, they don't agree with you, is the height of just immature ********.

Thank you for that.

On a side note, I was rather enjoying myself here. But it is starting to get old. I think it's funny how some people automatically jump to the wrong conclusion and get offended every time someone says (or types) something they don't agree with, or understand. I guess ignorance is truly bliss for some.

I have seen this before in this forum where people come on and defend exploiters and botters and ignore every valid form of evidence showing that it has to be something that needs to be addressed. I don't remember seeing this in other games i played, it sure is interesting though.

It is also weird how these things go unfixed for apparently 10 months or more. Lots of things don't make sense, maybe why the game is in such trouble.

Edited by camzoner

I have seen this before in this forum where people come on and defend exploiters and botters and ignore every valid form of evidence showing that it has to be something that needs to be addressed. I don't remember seeing this in other games i played, it sure is interesting though.

It is also weird how these things go unfixed for apparently 10 months or more. Lots of things don't make sense, maybe why the game is in such trouble.

You see? That's the point I was making here. There is absolutely no valid form of evidence here, and there never will be because it violates the rules of the forum. It's all circumstantial no matter how vehemently these people try to argue their points. Which is why I've repeatedly said to report suspicious activity and move on.

I'm not defending anyone. All I'm trying to point out is that all this thread is about is finger pointing and supposition. I have even stated that there may be something suspicious going on, but without any proof, all you accomplish is getting people worked up, which is borderline trolling.

And I've also said that if you think something is suspicious, report it and move on (what may surprise you is that is exactly what I did - reported and provided screenshots). It's up to BW to investigate and take action. Suspicion does not equate to guilt. This entire thread is a farce. It actually accomplished to get several of you worked up. So again, I give +1 troll point.

You and I very rarely agree on anything... but on this.. we do agree.

Look people...... nobody knows for sure what is going on or why. And.. if we did.. we would not be permitted to discuss it anyway if there is in fact some form of exploit taking place (suspicion =/= fact). Yes yes.. there are plenty of "theories" and "allegations" that you all point to being peddled on other web sites... but that is not proof... it's just more speculation and theory.

There is no point to yet another thread on the same topic other then to give a handful of you a fresh soapbox to yell from. IF you honestly feel there is an issue here.. you report it and move on. If you are really worked up about it.. encourage others in game to observe the same thing you are observing and to report it as well. Beyond that.... prosecuting your suspicions in the forum is a waste of time..... other then to draw people like PorsaLindahl to comment in the discussion so that you can then violate forum rules by calling them out and accusing them of something A) you cannot prove and B) you can do nothing about it even if you could somehow prove the unprovable.

Edited by Andryah

As for botters, man they are in EVERY MMO. Any MMO that you can buy gold, platinum, credits whatever, there is botters farming it. It is not that I or others are defending them, its just, so what. At least now they are in instances where they used to steal crap in world.

BW swats some down, and then more pop up. Welcome to F2P gaming. Where there really is no repercussions if you get banned. They have hundreds of auto formed accounts every day. If you think SWTOR is the only game, I mean damn, Neverwinter was crazy spammed and botted. WoW is, all the way back to EQ.

So if you want to get rid of them, tell others not to buy from them. It really is a hell of our own creation.

I'm still confused on why this clear abuse of something not intended to be done was not fixed. Is Bioware not able to figure out what they are doing? I've seen a few of these assassin/sage bots right when they were created at 65. They enter the gravestone in some chapter and never leave it. They go the whole way up to lvl 70 without ever leaving. Which means whatever they are doing rewards XP. Which also means they are either killing mobs or completing a quest/the chapter. The question then becomes, how can they endlessly complete a bonus quest or kill mobs when you have to leave to reset it? Clearly they are exploiting something to reset it or found a way to make a mob respawn endlessly to kill.

As for botters, man they are in EVERY MMO. Any MMO that you can buy gold, platinum, credits whatever, there is botters farming it. It is not that I or others are defending them, its just, so what. At least now they are in instances where they used to steal crap in world.

There is a big difference though between bots just farming regular crap vs exploiting to gain credits at a possibly very high rate.

Edited by paperstop

There is a big difference though between bots just farming regular crap vs exploiting to gain credits at a possibly very high rate.

Sorry pal.. there is no difference. Botting is botting and is banable.. if people report what they see accurately. Besides.. bots only operate for two reasons ---> for credits, or for XP/Leveling. In other words... it's always for personal gain.

Report them when you see them and go about your normal game play. If they are exploiting.. it will get caught and they will ban them. Of course they will just roll a fresh character and start all over again... so if you think they will go away.. they won't... not even if whatever they are doing is coded out of the game.. as they simply move on to the next exploit on their list of discoveries.

Edited by Andryah

I'm still confused on why this clear abuse of something not intended to be done was not fixed. Is Bioware not able to figure out what they are doing? I've seen a few of these assassin/sage bots right when they were created at 65. They enter the gravestone in some chapter and never leave it. They go the whole way up to lvl 70 without ever leaving. Which means whatever they are doing rewards XP. Which also means they are either killing mobs or completing a quest/the chapter. The question then becomes, how can they endlessly complete a bonus quest or kill mobs when you have to leave to reset it? Clearly they are exploiting something to reset it or found a way to make a mob respawn endlessly to kill.

what clear abuse? what are they doing that has your knickers in a twist? There are dozens of people staning around for hours on end on the fleet. Near the GTN kiosks...They must be botters!!!!!

Like I asked those others: Where's your proof? Without proof, all you have is suspicion. Anyone with even average intelligence knows enough that suspicion isn't enough to go on. It may be a starting point, but it's not enough to, say, convict someone of doing wrong. I don't know what country you're from, but in the US you must prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is guilty.

Like I asked those others: Where's your proof? Without proof, all you have is suspicion. Anyone with even average intelligence knows enough that suspicion isn't enough to go on. It may be a starting point, but it's not enough to, say, convict someone of doing wrong. I don't know what country you're from, but in the US you must prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is guilty.

Bioware confirmed that botting was going on.

Does that mean you or everyone else in the Gravestone was botting? Of course not. But players were not off base in calling Bioware's attention to something with the Gravestone that seemed odd and was later proven to be exactly that.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I would love for the devs to publish once a month or once a quarter how many accounts had sanctions applied. break it down to behavior, botting, exploits. They dont need to tell us who or what they were doing. just a statement that actions have and will be taken.

Yup they don't have to violate anyone's privacy just giving counts.

I would love for the devs to publish once a month or once a quarter how many accounts had sanctions applied. break it down to behavior, botting, exploits. They dont need to tell us who or what they were doing. just a statement that actions have and will be taken.

Bioware do make announcements when they rollup a large wave of violators, particularly credit farmers/sellers. I don't really see the value in monthly reporting as it simply informs the offenders of what the studio security team is focused and players would just accuse them of lying anyway.

The only thing EVE does better with respect to bots is they have a specific function for reporting bots, which encourages better reporting by players. Then again.. bots are a bigger and more persistent problem in EVE then any other MMO due to the nature of the games focus on resources, as well as a UI and feature set that is particularly easy to script for botting. Botting is not done for ISK RMT activities as much as it is used by corps trying to gain an advantage against rivals.. so the dynamics in EVE are quite different then what happens in this MMO. Just about every corp uses bots to gather resources.... because it is a tedious thing to do in the quantities needed in the construction of large capital ships and bases.

But I would not hold EVE up as the best in class MMO administrator in this regard being as actual insiders were co-conspirators on a number of occasions with banking fraud in game as well as playing favorites with leaking powerful ship and equipment schematics. I eventually stopped playing EVE because of the ongoing corrupt collusion between studio and some players/corps. Now days I just play Elite Dangerous when I want my space PvP/PvE fix.

Edited by Andryah

Bioware confirmed that botting was going on.

Does that mean you or everyone else in the Gravestone was botting? Of course not. But players were not off base in calling Bioware's attention to something with the Gravestone that seemed odd and was later proven to be exactly that.

That confirmation

This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric

that wasn't really an exploit, and the fix, came nearly a week before this thread even started. And even then is was only confirmed to be concerning behavior for bots. So what was proven? Only that they were concerned about something in that mission.

So this thread was created to incite others, and it worked. You and others are accusing people (even me), on an open forum, of botting without proof to back up your accusations. It's a sad time when people revert to medieval ideologies and convict someone (in their own mind at least) without any hard evidence. It's actually rather pathetic.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

That confirmation

that wasn't really an exploit, and the fix, came nearly a week before this thread even started. And even then is was only confirmed to be concerning behavior for bots. So what was proven? Only that they were concerned about something in that mission.

So this thread was created to incite others, and it worked. You and others are accusing people (even me), on an open forum, of botting without proof to back up your accusations. It's a sad time when people revert to medieval ideologies and convict someone (in their own mind at least) without any hard evidence. It's actually rather pathetic.

Nailed it. These threads are exactly that.... an effort to get other players worked up with all manner of rumor, innuendo, and speculation.