Class Changes: Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger

EricMusco

Agreed. 100% uptime AOE slows that can reapplied the second someone uses a breaker and they just get slowed all over again, that was the major issue, and 50% slow is still extreme. Again, no one cared about the damage aspect, there was no reason to reduce the damage on plasma probe.

Stun breaks should last 10 or 20 seconds and then start their cooldown. That would change the dynamic a lot.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont want your feedback. They dont care what the players think. If they put it on PTS players could show them how wrong they are and the couldnt put this steaming pile of **** live. There has been zero communication on these changes and there will be zero communication. They wanted to do a massive nerf and they will do it no matter the cost. In 2 weeks they will wonder why it didnt work as they planned.

Also, expect a lot of bugs with next weeks patch. No testing will get you that.

Sounds about right. I wonder how many will leave this time. But hey, who worries about mundane things like population, right

50% speed decrease from Plasma Probe is too ineffective. If you want the speed decrease there, at least remove the energy consumption and/or the 1 second galactic cooldown. It's a pain in the butt to replace that thing over and over, as it eats up too much energy. As for the galactic cooldown being removed, I only suggested that because I'm sick of having to wait a whole second to finish up my front-up rotation, before I can place my explosive probe and end that miserable di'kut of a Sith Assassin which rip me up in every warzone that I participate in. Just watch the pro deception assassins tear me to shreds. I'll look like a ragdoll capable of doing nothing because Bioware Austin wouldn't take my advice and remove some galactic cooldowns so I can be ready to deal the death blows to those cunning backstabbers.

I see that I'm losing a cluster bomb, as well. At least you guys in development gave me extra energy back on the other cluster bombs that I pop, because I'm going to need every single energy point if I want to lay down continuous Suppressive Fire instead of having to wait for each and every one of those Series of Shots to go off in slow motion. I know that's not the intended rotation, but it beats the damage capabilities of Electrical Railgun. That stuff doesn't do anywhere near enough damage for me, or not on its own, at least. I need Advanced Class target dummies that I can practice on, because I obviously do not know every aspect of the discipline. I don't feel like humiliating myself against players, any longer, so if I go into a WZ, I want to kick some Republic or Imperial ***, not the other way around.

I really do not like venting my frustrations, but when you guys in development touch my favorite discipline on the game, I get nasty and defensive over it. I might even post videos on YouTube of how ineffective the class is for me, so stay on the lookout for that, too.

I love the PP. And Engi in defensive is a GOD. I can sit on a CP all day and ruin lives. I live in my circle of death all the while you gotta burn just to hit me.

It's also why I love to roll into PVP with Dirty, spam my flourish...with the proficiency that extends it's effect by another 5 seconds...15 seconds of 50% slow...it's a great and powerful way to totally mess up a Huttball team...DoT mayhem, and I'll tunnel whoever seems easy pickings at a moment.

I'm not a great duelist by any measure...and average PVP'r at best, but if I'm discrete I can seriously compromise the opposition's flow while the uber talented melee types clean up.

But I really love to tunnel engineers because they simply can dominate via denial of area tactics using that PP. If I draw an engineer's attention then I'm running really effective interference for my team.

PP is OP for sure in that regard.

Regarding the finer points of rotation and energy management...I can't speak to that because I'm not good enough at the spec'.

Just my anecdotal experience.

• 4 months later...

I cant kill nobody in pvp with my sniper engineer, I am loosing 100% hp to every class in 1vs1 duel before I can drop them even to 50%, I am dropping all the things: probes, orbital, stuns, cover pulse, escape etc, I even took that perk to knock after series of shots, it still not enough damage to kill smbd ranged or melee in pvp.

Dear devs, did you break something? And when are you doing to fix it? Whatever, try to play it yourself really, engineer is dead, he can really only run away every time he is focused by anybody, and only heal can save you, nobody even afraid of engineers damage, its just 20-30% with all the probes and damage abilities in single procast, did you try it yourself? And who you listen to, you make such changes? Engineer is squishy target with no dps, TEST IT YOURSELF IN REGULAR PVP PLS. Especially try it in 4vs4 matches, its just lul / gg. I am the only one engineer I saw in smth like 60 pvp matches. Maybe you did smth wrong?

And when are going to nerf stealth user's ability to stun single targets for 60 seconds twice in pvp after they escaped? Should we have a personal sorc for every assasin in pvp to defend an objective? And what I am supposed to do with my engineer if that happens while I am alone? Why so many assasins in pvp?

So if my engineer stunned he is probably already dead, without defense, or just stupidly ignored cause cant do anything, no self heals, nothing to activate while stunned, no dmg, the whole engineer sniper is NOTHING. Is that what was you "target dps" smth like "uhhh buddy, drop probe, run away, you cant do anything even 30% dmg"?

It seems like you making ppl play classes/specs they dont want to really, or they wont have appropriate results in pvp

Edited by YobaGaming

I cant kill nobody in pvp with my sniper engineer, I am loosing 100% hp to every class in 1vs1 duel before I can drop them even to 50%, I am dropping all the things: probes, orbital, stuns, cover pulse, escape etc, I even took that perk to knock after series of shots, it still not enough damage to kill smbd ranged or melee in pvp.

Dear devs, did you break something? And when are you doing to fix it? Whatever, try to play it yourself really, engineer is dead, he can really only run away every time he is focused by anybody, and only heal can save you, nobody even afraid of engineers damage, its just 20-30% with all the probes and damage abilities in single procast, did you try it yourself? And who you listen to, you make such changes? Engineer is squishy target with no dps, TEST IT YOURSELF IN REGULAR PVP PLS. Especially try it in 4vs4 matches, its just lul / gg. I am the only one engineer I saw in smth like 60 pvp matches. Maybe you did smth wrong?

And when are going to nerf stealth user's ability to stun single targets for 60 seconds twice in pvp after they escaped? Should we have a personal sorc for every assasin in pvp to defend an objective? And what I am supposed to do with my engineer if that happens while I am alone? Why so many assasins in pvp?

So if my engineer stunned he is probably already dead, without defense, or just stupidly ignored cause cant do anything, no self heals, nothing to activate while stunned, no dmg, the whole engineer sniper is NOTHING. Is that what was you "target dps" smth like "uhhh buddy, drop probe, run away, you cant do anything even 30% dmg"?

It seems like you making ppl play classes/specs they dont want to really, or they wont have appropriate results in pvp

mandatory git gud