I've kept my promise

fifteendollers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may need to re-evaluate my life. I actually knew what he was talking about without the link posted above.

I have received one warning infraction in my short seven months here (no points taken off), but I will happily gain a few points here.

Fifteendollars, I hope Keith fulfills your wishes, but tacks on another zero in the CM price.

:rak_04::rak_04:

Warmest regards,

Dasty the Hutt

Edit: Ditto to the Old Jedi Robes Guy :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

• Dev Post
Sorry dude but this still comes under asking. So promise not kept as you claim. So Keith you are off the hook.
Doesn't this fall under the, "I can't help myssssssssssseeelf category?" I did say we would seriously look into it, and we actually think it'd be a fun change. Yet, allowing custom animations or VFX changes on characters is not as simple as it may sound. It's been added to our big list, but right now, it's not a high priority change. When that happens, will definitely let you know.

Keith---

Doesn't this fall under the, "I can't help myssssssssssseeelf category?" I did say we would seriously look into it, and we actually think it'd be a fun change. Yet, allowing custom animations or VFX changes on characters is not as simple as it may sound. It's been added to our big list, but right now, it's not a high priority change. When that happens, will definitely let you know.

Keith---

You could look into the "Kick the Hutball" animation change mechanic that already exists (when the "kick the hutball" buff is enabled, it plays the kick instead of the throw animation when you toss the hutball - you would just need to make it a toggle instead of a time-limited buff), it could perhaps be adapted for this with relative ease (assuming someone is a skilled enough coder).

Maybe this could even allow you to re-implement Lightsaber stances the way the original devs envisioned them (since there are no stances anymore, you could re-implement them as cosmetic stances) where the animations would change depending on the stance used. :)

Edited by Glzmo

Keith---

That was still more information than I was expecting. Thanks for the feedback.

Keith---

^^ Keith sighting... on a Sunday Afternoon. :)

Keith---

Thanks Keith. This one post has made me feel a lot better. It means a lot to me.

• Dev Post
You could look into the "Kick the Hutball" animation change mechanic that already exists (when the "kick the hutball" buff is enabled, it plays the kick instead of the throw animation when you toss the hutball - you would just need to make it a toggle instead of a time-limited buff), it could perhaps be adapted for this with relative ease (assuming someone is a skilled enough coder).

Maybe this could even allow you to re-implement Lightsaber stances the way the original devs envisioned them (since there are no stances anymore, you could re-implement them as cosmetic stances) where the animations would change depending on the stance used. :)

Interesting...let me ask.

-Keith--

"Maybe this could even allow you to re-implement Lightsaber stances the way the original devs envisioned them (since there are no stances anymore, you could re-implement them as cosmetic stances) where the animations would change depending on the stance used."

Thought of this myself for some time...

It's like having my dark sided Jedi Guardian assume the stance of a Sith Warrior when he has his saber drawn.

And, just like a Juggernaut could perhaps even be performing the combat animations.

I think it could be possible, and would be a nice way to enable some sort of 'class change' for a character. Not by actually enabling a player to switch between base classes, let alone advanced classes, which I still think should be made possible. But it would at least be another QoL aspect for many of us?

Lololol and funny how a very minor animation not impacting gameplay gets a possible fix but game crashing, video not working, and outfit preview bug from 2014, etc impacting a majority of players (and resubbing) is not tripping any bw comments or concerns....... for a priority to at least promise a fix. Edited by IntegrationArch