Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone who has tested alacrity, have you noticed getting keening procs more consistently? While I would hate to have to lose more surge, I'm debating if its worth the hit to normalize my rotation better.

Alacrity was tested fairly thoroughly in the making of the guide.

A fully augmented and enhancemented (non accuracy anyway) alacrity build yields a DPS loss of roughly 200 from 192s compared to a traditional high mainstat, surge, and power build, so while it's not optimal, it certainly isn't horrifyingly terrible.

I don't expect alacrity to be viable for us, not because the stat is bad, but because any downtime in a real raid means that the alacrity is essentially wasted.

Hey Rydarus, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make this excellent guide. I improved a lot by following your guide and advice on the vigilance discipline.

One thing I noticed though is that Vigilant Thrust has a 9 second cooldown and not 6. Other than that, I found this guide immensely helpful.

Once again, thank you for creating this awesome guide!

Edited by MozezKim

Hey Rydarus, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make this excellent guide. I improved a lot by following your guide and advice on the vigilance discipline.

One thing I noticed though is that Vigilant Thrust has a 9 second cooldown and not 6. Other than that, I found this guide immensely helpful.

Once again, thank you for creating this awesome guide!

Yeah I noticed that and updated it, also the guide has changed links, I updated the link.

Veng is also changing links, I'll give you all the new link in the OP once I get to it!

I'm trying to make a video parse, but sadly lag on ships in 3.0 has been fairly... insane.

Whenever they patch it, I'll put up a video, I've already seen numerous requests for one. In the meantime, VeSev's guide has an excellent video, and while I may not agree with his opener 100%, he's a very good player and has the blessings of RNG'esus so yeah take a look at that :)

Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwO5chQYWlI

Jugg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqg8lYSFS2E

Hi Rydarus - first of all thank you for this guide - very helpful for people like me who drift in and out of the game every so often!

I noticed in the section Rotation Strategy, in the last line of the last paragraph you mentioned

Combat Focus/Enrage can also be used while using an ability (besides Master Strike/Ravage) so that a filler in the filler window can consume resource rather than burning it.

I don't mean to nitpick on what is otherwise a fantastic guide, but did you mean 'produce' here instead of 'consume'? :)

Hey Rydarus I got a question.

Since in 3.0 the pvp and pve set bonuses are the same, is it a good idea to use the pvp armoring to get the set bonus until i get the pve ones?

It is probably going to take me awhile to grind out the pve set bonus armorings.

Hey Rydarus I got a question.

Since in 3.0 the pvp and pve set bonuses are the same, is it a good idea to use the pvp armoring to get the set bonus until i get the pve ones?

It is probably going to take me awhile to grind out the pve set bonus armorings.

No.

The 186/180 set bonus is better than the old one technically but only barely, the mainstat gap closes it. Unless you have like oldass 162 set bonuses then just stick with the old ones until you get new ones.

Hi Rydarus - first of all thank you for this guide - very helpful for people like me who drift in and out of the game every so often!

I noticed in the section Rotation Strategy, in the last line of the last paragraph you mentioned

I don't mean to nitpick on what is otherwise a fantastic guide, but did you mean 'produce' here instead of 'consume'? :)

Sort of, I meant you can use an ability that can consume focus instead of an ability that produces focus in that GCD :)

To anyone who has tested alacrity, have you noticed getting keening procs more consistently? While I would hate to have to lose more surge, I'm debating if its worth the hit to normalize my rotation better.

Don't have tested right now, but I can't stop wondering if the Alacrity hasn't been redesigned to be a "Kotor Flurry" stylish stat. :confused:

Guide links may become unupdated for the next month, going on a holiday hiatus.

I've put my most recent parse up though, the juggernaut link may be removed, if it is, go to the dulfy site, go to SWTOR class guides in the menu, and click on the thing.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Someone please check if OS applies Beatdown to combat dummy, mine doesn't work, messed up a 4.67 parse that would be higher.

As Vesev was kind enough to point out for me, the armour debuff you put on the dummy has ALL raid debuffs in it so you won't see it as a seperate debuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe it's a dumb question, but has anybody tried to not stack acc at all but go all surge and fight in soresu, since it gives the 10% you need? I mean, basically, you don't need shien for anything in that spec, except for unremmiting. Could it be possible that the more surge and/or alac on gear makes up for the 16% dmg loss on the stance?(10%less for soresu and no 6% gain from shien) Edited by Torvai

Maybe it's a dumb question, but has anybody tried to not stack acc at all but go all surge and fight in soresu, since it gives the 10% you need? I mean, basically, you don't need shien for anything in that spec, except for unremmiting. Could it be possible that the more surge and/or alac on gear makes up for the 16% dmg loss on the stance?(10%less for soresu and no 6% gain from shien)

You have extremely high threat so it's not "viable" for a raid, and honestly in PVP I'd rather run actual tank spec with DPS gear.

You have extremely high threat so it's not "viable" for a raid, and honestly in PVP I'd rather run actual tank spec with DPS gear.

Yeah I know. i just imagined a 5k parse with 100% additional threat:D

I wouldn't want to tank something like that myself :eek:

But what I meant is vigilance specced, dps gear without accuracy and soresu instead of shien stance. Would it be a dps gain or loss?

Because you gain dps for more surge or alac but loose dps because of the "wrong" stance.

Question is, what would outweight the other?

I'm talking strictly dps, not threat, survivabilyty or whatnot.

Edited by Torvai

Yeah I know. i just imagined a 5k parse with 100% additional threat:D

I wouldn't want to tank something like that myself :eek:

But what I meant is vigilance specced, dps gear without accuracy and soresu instead of shien stance. Would it be a dps gain or loss?

Because you gain dps for more surge or alac but loose dps because of the "wrong" stance.

Question is, what would outweight the other?

I'm talking strictly dps, not threat, survivabilyty or whatnot.

The way I see it, using dumb brain **** math accuracy is a flat DPS gain, as such you are gaining 10% DPS but losing 20, at a maximum of 100. You do gain surge, but you're also losing quite a bit of focus generation. I think it's honestly probably worse by quite a bit.

Well thanks for your time to answer this dumb question. I was just curious ;)

On a more serious note, just for fun I dummy parsed with my guardian tank yesterday(tank spec, gear and soresu). And I noticed that, although i got 101/111% acc, i missed quite alot of strikes, everything else hit all the time. Any idea where that comes from?

Is it just that basic attacks are pure melee(so just a base acc of 90+10% from stance) and everything else is "special melee"(noticed this while I checked my character screen, so base of 100+10% from stance)?

Edit: Another dumb question: I normally play tank with my guardian, but is a ~3.7k parse in mostly bad 180/186 gear acceptable?

Note: no adrenals, hp module and raiddebuffs on the dummy, simply parsed for ~10mins

Edited by Torvai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice guide maaate :) ! After 5 months i am back on the game since monday. I am curently near full 192 for armoring MH and Second hand, i need relics and ear but it's not bad. I like the new aoe its so sweets on big mob packs !

Yeah Vig AOE is like old Focus AOE xD

:rak_02:

Let me know what you parse, right now I seem to be slightly more geared than you and am running full 192 minus pants, a few mods and enhs, and relics.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

not sure if it is where i am located, or my rng just sucks, But in all Revanite (left side), and 4pc 192 + 2 pc 198 and 192 MH, i am only hitting 4500 on a 1mill dummy, so im not the happeist camper with my parse numbers, but in ops, im 2nd highest behind our anni mara and sometimes top dps, so i cant complain to much, interested to see where i will be when we kill cora, and revan HM, currently 8/10 hm tos/rav and working on cora right now, though on kills i have been over 4k on first 8 in those 2 ops

say what you will about reflect on Bulo and Torque though ;)

not sure if it is where i am located, or my rng just sucks, But in all Revanite (left side), and 4pc 192 + 2 pc 198 and 192 MH, i am only hitting 4500 on a 1mill dummy, so im not the happeist camper with my parse numbers, but in ops, im 2nd highest behind our anni mara and sometimes top dps, so i cant complain to much, interested to see where i will be when we kill cora, and revan HM, currently 8/10 hm tos/rav and working on cora right now, though on kills i have been over 4k on first 8 in those 2 ops

say what you will about reflect on Bulo and Torque though ;)

Full Revanite Left Side, 6 piece, 192 MH and I assume a 198 MH. IMO you should be pulling like 4750 in that gear. My Guardian has a 198 offhand armoring, 192 mainhand, rest is dread master or Dread forged, no Resurrected since I tank and Ruusan relics and he's pulling about a 4350 to 4400 on the 1 mil. So I think you have places you can improve on.