F2P FAQ - Extended list

recsa

Im shocked by the amount of posts regarding the F2P, imho, most people is pretty confused and many seems to not have even read the information released so far like the F2P FAQ and the Features list

But as is well known, MMO players are not among the most patient beings, we 'eat' info and content at amazing speeds and keep being hungry, so i think it would be nice from Devs to throw us a bone while solving some of the doubts people have regarding the incoming changes in the game.

I myself would like some questions cleared to make my SWTOR's every day decissions easier, and so i think we could have a thread like this to post questions/doubts/concerns about the F2P and CMs could check and extended the oficial FAQ with some of our concerns.

So my question would be:

Will we be able to buy from Cartel Shop some kind of Faction Respec?

This is a long time demand from many people and something i would buy for sure whatever the price.

Faction changes wont be in the shop. Makes no sense to have it. Bioware wants you to roll new alts and play on both sides.

Also this is my prediction for when F2P will be released:

Patch 1.5 is expected 6th or 7th of november. Six weeks from then it will be 18th or 19th of december.

Early access started on 13th of december. Which means the game didn't officially launch till 20th of december.

Which all fits in nicely with the whole 6 week/per patch thing.

Bioware have said F2P will be launced in the fall. Well winter doesn't start till 21st of december......

OMG *** thats like magic, right !!

Also it's just before x-mas, so probably you will be able to gift cartel coins or buy cards/codes to gift cartel coins !

1.5 = HK51 and Denova NM.

1.6 = F2P and new WZ (people might buy passes just so they can play the new WZ more) Who knows because of the 1 year anniversary they might gives us some more coins to celebrate or give us more stuff in that patch, like the 10 new space missions. Maybe a full week of subscription for everyone to lure those F2P people to get comfortable and after that free week they will feel the need to buy stuff.

Edited by Smithie

Faction changes wont be in the shop. Makes no sense to have it. Bioware wants you to roll new alts and play on both sides.

I have alts on both sides, and my guild is present on both sides, but because of the initial server transfers and the merge, i'm not happy with my current classes per faction balance, i would love to be able to switch sides some of my toons, and since im right now over the cap on used toon slots, rolling new alts without deleting is not possible, also runing again a known story is nothing of my like.

In short, i really could use a Faction Respec option in Cartel Shop.

Im shocked by the amount of posts regarding the F2P, imho, most people is pretty confused and many seems to not have even read the information released so far like the F2P FAQ and the Features list

But as is well known, MMO players are not among the most patient beings, we 'eat' info and content at amazing speeds and keep being hungry, so i think it would be nice from Devs to throw us a bone while solving some of the doubts people have regarding the incoming changes in the game.

First, those FAQs are very, very unclear. Maybe on purpose, so people would continue to subscribe out of fear of loosing coins.

Second, the game going f2p is the biggest change that will ever happen to it. If they want to communicate clearly about this, they would tell one person to spend 10 hours a week answering questions on the forum.

But apperently everyone at Bioware has more important things to do than to communicate to the players about the big change that will break or make the game. I don't know what exactly is more important, but clearly there is something!

But as is well known, MMO players are not among the most patient beings, we 'eat' info and content at amazing speeds and keep being hungry

It is also well known that many MMO players are cannibals and live to smash and consume other MMO players in MMO forums. :p

Personally, I am in no hurry to see the details about F2P. As with al things MMO... I am an oasis of patience in the vast sands of impatient insanity that are MMO forum posts. :D

It's not like knowing more specifics is going to materially change anyones outlook on the game. ;)

But apperently everyone at Bioware has more important things to do than to communicate to the players about the big change that will break or make the game. I don't know what exactly is more important, but clearly there is something!

No disrespect, but you are not as important as you think you are. :) If you were, clearly you would have more information disclosed to you.

You generally have a negative outlook on the game, based on your post history, and nothing they disclose to you will in any way change your outlook.

TL;DR, you represent a bad return on investment of information. :D

Though I will grant, it does no harm to you personally to complain and demand over and over and over and over. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Honestly the biggest questions for me is how do the F2P restrictions affect me if I let my sub lapse because I wouldn't be able to play for a period of time (business trip, vacation, personal matters etc.). For example Crew Skills. If my sub lapses do 2/3 of my skills just suddenly disappear and I loose all the leveling put into them? Or do they simply become locked and I have to resub or pay the Cartel Coin price to unlock them for use?

Or my inventory: if I was subbed and paid credits to expand my inventory does it remain expanded with all the items I have stored? Or does it unexpand/lock the extra slots and any items stored in those slots? Likewise for the Cargo Hold: if I paid the credits to expand it does "Preferred status" mean I maintain access to those expanded slots even without a sub? Or does it only apply to the initial Cargo Hold we all got when we received our ship?

Those are my main concerns because it would suck to unsub because I won't be able to play and then when I resub find I've lost items or progress on crew skills.

While not as important as my other questions I am curious how the field revive works with group content. I can see how it would work soloing and that seems fine, but applied to cases where one is grouped with others (particularly FP type things) it seems like it could kill the fun for everyone involved (people having to wait for a group member to hike all the way back which might result in being kicked from groups because subbed and F2P people alike not wanting to wait for that person).

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

Those are my main concerns because it would suck to unsub because I won't be able to play and then when I resub find I've lost items or progress on crew skills.

You don't need more details from Bioware to answer this. If you unsub, you will lose access to some content you previously had access to. If you later resub, BOOM... you get all that access back. If you want lost access while playing for free.... BAM... pay some coins and unlock it on your account and proceed on your merry way.

You don't need more details from Bioware to answer this. If you unsub, you will lose access to some content you previously had access to. If you later resub, BOOM... you get all that access back. If you want lost access while playing for free.... BAM... pay some coins and unlock it on your account and proceed on your merry way.

True I don't need more details and we can assume as much as my worst case scenario possibility would probably result in massive customer problems. I think it would still be advisable for them to say outright what happens rather than leave it up to our assumption that this is of course what they'd do. Because sometimes it's the most obvious thing that gets overlooked, not out of any evil intent but simply human error. I'm obviously not eager to be the guy that finds out the hard way that they forgot something.