ETA on SGRAs?

Dire-Wolf

Before the game launched BioWare promised these would be coming in a post game patch. It's not been almost a year and they're no where in sight. In fact, they haven't even been mentioned at all. I was wondering if BioWare could finally give an ETA on when they will arrive? Is there a planned release date? Are they currently being worked on? Have you decided to just cut them completely and not add them to the game? Any information about this would be nice to hear.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, actually they have been mentioned by the devs post-launch...and, yes, they are still adding them. There is no ETA....just like every other feature in every other MMO out there....if they have a release date, they announce it....if they don't have one, they aren't just going to throw dates out there because then everyone will freak out if they don't meet that date.

So much fuss over same gender in game relationships...it's not like it's real. Does it really matter *that* much to you? Or is it an equality thing for you? IMO there are soooo many other things that could be added to make this game better than a silly male on male or female on female relationship.

Its easy to say that when you get to enjoy all aspects of the game as it is now. I'm not going to argue with you though, everyone enjoys different aspects of the game differently and some people will value certain gameplay aspects over others. I don't think any one is more valid then the other.

I don't personally care about chat bubbles and hood toggles, but a lot of people sure do, and it's not my business to go into their threads and troll them for it. Hopefully we'll all get the features that the developers have said they plan on implementing. And no, implementing these things doesn't get in the way of bug fixing and warzone/operation implementation.

As a subscriber myself (since day one) I prefer that they would add this to the game. :)

Guess what, like all romances it would be totally optional.

Sadly just as in every day life it's, "f u I'm putting this in your face and I don't give a crap if you like it or not, I'm a special snow flake."

if they implement this before APAC server merges or offering transfers, I will leave in sheer disgust.

not disgust at implementing SGR but the disgust of where their priorities lie.

To each their own, everyone has their own priorities as to what will make that game better for them, good luck to everyone.

To each their own, everyone has their own priorities as to what will make that game better for them, good luck to everyone.

True, but Population issues that have caused all rated WZ on our server to stop( and I mean all) certainly should be above a cosmetic change which will only be appreciated fully by some people.

Thats how you differentiate between Game breaking and quality of life changes.

I don't personally care about chat bubbles and hood toggles, but a lot of people sure do, and it's not my business to go into their threads and troll them for it. Hopefully we'll all get the features that the developers have said they plan on implementing. And no, implementing these things doesn't get in the way of bug fixing and warzone/operation implementation.

The difference is that chat bubbles are like the basics of MMOs. SGRAs don't exist in all games.

And you don't see thread after thread after thread asking when chat bubbles are coming. What is the ETA of chat bubbles? Is it being worked on? Will it even be worked on?

On the other hand, topics like this KEEPS popping up.

It'll come when it's ready. Constantly hounding the devs like your very existence depends on this is very annoying, and it was already annoying when I last played in May.

Edit: You know that even the devs are sick and tired of hearing it, when Daniel Erickson, a dev who was pretty laid back guy, sounded annoyed at that question in the guild summit earlier in the year.

Edited by ConradLionhart

The difference is that chat bubbles are like the basics of MMOs. SGRAs don't exist in all games.

And you don't see thread after thread after thread asking when chat bubbles are coming. What is the ETA of chat bubbles? Is it being worked on? Will it even be worked on?

It'll come when it's ready. Constantly hounding the devs like your very existence depends on this is very annoying, and it was already annoying when I last played in May.

They will point out time and again that previous BW games like ME and the sort have had SGR thus this game should too and they will point out the 3 instances of sgr in the SW universe as well.

True, but Population issues that have caused all rated WZ on our server to stop( and I mean all) certainly should be above a cosmetic change which will only be appreciated fully by some people.

Thats how you differentiate between Game breaking and quality of life changes.

"Game breaking" is pretty subjective, I don't pvp so I could care less about the state of WZ's, so again I say to each their own.

Edit: You know that even the devs are sick and tired of hearing it, when Daniel Erickson, a dev who was pretty laid back guy, sounded annoyed at that question in the guild summit earlier in the year.

No one is demanding that they release SGR's now, they are only asking for more information as to when we can expect to have SGR's and if they are still in the making.

"Game breaking" is pretty subjective, I don't pvp so I could care less about the state of WZ's, so again I say to each their own.

Same here. I mean, I want those who PvP to have a great experience, but for me, the -RPG is the important bit of MMORPG. And SGRAs give me more RP options. And it doesn't seem quite fair that female characters only have one option for romance, but most of the male characters have two.

... sigh ...

I guess it'll come when it comes.

I dont pvp as well. However, if a whole server cannot do rated WZ or endgame ops or heroics 4+ or whatever they want to do, it is pretty gamebreaking from any point of view.

try and look at the broader picture. not everything has to affect me personally, but I see what is good and bad around me.

I don't use chat bubbles in any MMO I've ever played, with the exception of when it helped us see who was getting targeted for Defile in Heroic Lich King. Never seen a hood toggle in an MMO but yes, I do see threads for both these things popping up all the damn time. :/

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Same here. I mean, I want those who PvP to have a great experience, but for me, the -RPG is the important bit of MMORPG. And SGRAs give me more RP options. And it doesn't seem quite fair that female characters only have one option for romance, but most of the male characters have two.

... sigh ...

I guess it'll come when it comes.

And I agree with you. But for ppl who want to play RWZ in prep for season 1 or whenever cross server comes, it is a great hindrance. At least you have other RP options, they have none.

Dont get Me wrong, I am all for SGR, but I would think issues that plague us(population, server crashes for those that have them etc should be a bit more important)

And I agree with you. But for ppl who want to play RWZ in prep for season 1 or whenever cross server comes, it is a great hindrance. At least you have other RP options, they have none.

Dont get Me wrong, I am all for SGR, but I would think issues that plague us(population, server crashes for those that have them etc should be a bit more important)

Which is fine, since the people working on SGR are not the same than the one working on the issues you have. Writers, and voice actors are the most involved in SGR, but hopefully, they don't work on server population, and PVP bugfixes.

So yeah, we can ask for both.

The writers and voice actors have been busy doing HK questline, and unfortunately, they are probably busy doing Makeb. If we have SGR, it will be after Makeb IMO.

No one is saying those issues aren't important, but when a gaming company promises something, say SGRA's this year, and this year is almost over, I don't think its wrong to ask for more information on the subject. No one is asking SGRA's to come out tomorrow, they just want an update now that the year is almost up. I don't think that is asking a lot.

Then don't have a relationship, or don't play a female toon. Problem solved.

Oh that's fair. Either play a gender you're not comfortable with, or lose out on part of the game.

Maybe PvP should be restricted so that only female characters can participate in it, just to see how much people would enjoy being forced to be a certain gender in order to experience one of the game's basic functions.