Howto enable Antialiasing?

Grrl

I saw the thread earlier, but somehow cannot remember the correct path.

Since "searching" is for some weird reason disabled on the forum i ask here again for the path to the SWTOR ini.

Thanks

Edited by Grrl

Please be warned: You may want to try forcing anti-aliasing on, but the main reason this feature is not supported and available as an option in the standard graphics settings is because they developers had problems during testing, I learned the hard way and had to eventually disable them again! It worked at first, but later on my 3rd planet the graphics started disappearing on/off as I looked around in a particular direction, making it unplayable even after restarting and changing any in game graphics settings didn't improve the problem either, I then turned off my forced anti-aliasing and the problem was resolved. It's a shame as I now see shimmering and jagged edges if I look closely at objects and it causes slight shimmering on distant objects, but it's better to put up with this than the serious problem it caused. My friend however didn't have the problem in the same area, so it doesn't affect everyone, but there may be other problems that could affect him later too, time will only tell. Edited by Meluna

I experienced the whole screen graphics disappear and flicker on/off as I looked around leaving a bare landscape when off without any buildings or anything else, players disappearing may be a different problem to forced anti-aliasing, they can jump if you're latency is poor or if you simply have an unrelaible Internet connection like poor wireless, I used Smartping which you can try out free for 20 minutes at a time, but it's only $5.99 a month as it improves latency for me even though it's best with WOW. I connect to the London server. If it is a latency problem it will probably be worse in busy areas and maybe when the server is busier. Edited by pjcnet

Hello everyone.

We are going to be closing this thread at this time, and would like to explain why. Editing game files (even something that seems as simple as this) can cause serious issues with game installations, so we remove any suggestions or instructions on how to edit game files.

If you have any further questions about this, please don't hesitate to contact us at bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com. We will be more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have. Thank you for your understanding!