Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

As for what the Methodical member said earlier about not just having raid content, but something to do while waiting for content, I agree with that and believe that we will have that soon. With another WZ on the way, probably a Season 1 of Ranked, the new planet, maybe a new level cap, a new companion, maybe a new World Event and possibly a new FP and even new Space Missions, I think that soon after we do get new raid content, the top end guild like ours that clear it fast will still have things to do to keep us entertained while we wait for the next thing to come.

To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused), or GW2 which had zero endgame.

Well played.

Yep its like quitting your football team and yelling " ok bye im off to play with the girls, screw you "

For me personally, and to some extent my guild, this entire situation has just destroyed any enthusiasm I once had for this game. I'm sick and tired of the lackluster endgame content, with mechanics generally being easily bypassed even on hard mode, the glacial pace of content production and the actual amount of content that is released once something of substance does come out (4 bosses... still can't believe they did this for an entire tier) and we're expected to believe that they're going to shove out even more content with a massively reduced development team. I loved this game and to some extent still do, but I'm slowly seeing my guild dissolve out of pure boredom with the current content, all 20 of us are full campaign or near enough and we've been running Denova for 3 nights a week for the past 4, closing on 5 months. This week for example out of our 20 raiders, 5 turned up.... 5! and the general attitude of those that did was "Do we have to?". Its a sorry state of affairs when a raiding guild doesn't actually want to raid any more.

Lets say for a minute that they actually announce 1.4 at gamescom next week, the content most likely won't hit the PTS until sometime in September following the various previews and hype building that they usually do with these patches. If indeed it does contain the new operation it will be on the PTS for at least a month, if not more like 1.2 was meaning that it will most likely be released sometime in October. There's also the possibility that they'll release it with little to no PTS testing resulting in the content being completely broken. I'm sorry but that's just not good enough. By that time we'll have been stuck with 4 bosses for 6 months with a damned free to play conversion on the horizon a month or so later. Then what if its just NM Denova? or if Terror is stupidly small like Denova before it, we'll just be repeating this whole process over again only with free to play to look forward to, but don't worry, we'll have new hats to keep ourselves occupied with!

I'd like to say I'll stick around for that long but I'm not going to kid myself any more.... I think I may end up re subbing to Rift. Say what you like about that game but at least it has an endgame with more than 4 bosses at a time.

Edited by The-Vortex

For me personally, and to some extent my guild, this entire situation has just destroyed any enthusiasm I once had for this game. I'm sick and tired of the lackluster endgame content, with mechanics generally being easily bypassed even on hard mode, the glacial pace of content production and the actual amount of content that is released once something of substance does come out (4 bosses... still can't believe they did this for an entire tier) and we're expected to believe that they're going to shove out even more content with a massively reduced development team. I loved this game and to some extent still do, but I'm slowly seeing my guild dissolve out of pure boredom with the current content, all 20 of us are full campaign or near enough and we've been running Denova for 3 nights a week for the past 4, closing on 5 months. This week for example out of our 20 raiders, 5 turned up.... 5! and the general attitude of those that did was "Do we have to?". Its a sorry state of affairs when a raiding guild doesn't actually want to raid any more.

Lets say for a minute that they actually announce 1.4 at gamescom next week, the content most likely won't hit the PTS until sometime in September following the various previews and hype building that they usually do with these patches. If indeed it does contain the new operation it will be on the PTS for at least a month, if not more like 1.2 was meaning that it will most likely be released sometime in October. There's also the possibility that they'll release it with little to no PTS testing resulting in the content being completely broken. I'm sorry but that's just not good enough. By that time we'll have been stuck with 4 bosses for 6 months with a damned free to play conversion on the horizon a month or so later. Then what if its just NM Denova? or if Terror is stupidly small like Denova before it, we'll just be repeating this whole process over again only with free to play to look forward to, but don't worry, we'll have new hats to keep ourselves occupied with!

I'd like to say I'll stick around for that long but I'm not going to kid myself any more.... I think I may end up re subbing to Rift. Say what you like about that game but at least it has an endgame with more than 4 bosses at a time.

We all know this is the state of the game, and you raise valid concerns, but this isn't a "trash HM Denova" thread. If you want to talk about that, I'm pretty sure there are a few other active threads talking about it. The point of this thread is to try to consolidate people's desire to see a release date or some sort of talk about NiM Denova. You can complain about the state of the content, sure, but at the launch of 1.2, the content was fine. HM Denova is a great level of difficulty, slightly harder than Normal mode on WoW, and really does require good execution as a whole, especially in 16 man. If NiM is the "Nightmare" it is supposed to be, it would be comparable with the Heroic raids of WoW. 4 bosses isn't a lot, yes, but we don't know and can't expect every raid ever in the future to be only 4 bosses. 1.4 might not be until September/October, but I personally am happy to work through NiM progression on a more challenging and less forgiving version of Denova while I wait for 1.4, if they would just give it to us. The development team isn't "massively reduced" and if you did some research you would understand that. This will be the only post I make regarding the state of HM Denova or the game, as I really don't want to turn this thread into a hatestorm of complaints about the lack of content, I want it to be about people showing their opinions on NiM Denova and its release date.

Dear pve encounter development team,

Please hire me for a position in operation design as I have many neat ideas on content to keep this game moving along. Send private message or email (you have my email addy somewhere) to discuss further. I love this game and will work cheap!!!! I want this game to grow not stagnate.

My experience is 6 years of playing wow with a variety of guilds at varying skill levels.I am enthusastic,motivated and dedicated.

I currently have a dozen ideas for encounters that are very very starwarsy floating around in my head and could easily produce more fully fleshed encounters.

Cheers heaps and can't wait for your response.

Kara.

Some how I don't see a response in the near future.

Dear pve encounter development team,

Please hire me for a position in operation design as I have many neat ideas on content to keep this game moving along. Send private message or email (you have my email addy somewhere) to discuss further. I love this game and will work cheap!!!! I want this game to grow not stagnate.

My experience is 6 years of playing wow with a variety of guilds at varying skill levels.I am enthusastic,motivated and dedicated.

I currently have a dozen ideas for encounters that are very very starwarsy floating around in my head and could easily produce more fully fleshed encounters.

Cheers heaps and can't wait for your response.

Kara.

Some how I don't see a response in the near future.

I can't tell what your point of posting this was, but if you're trying to equate the ridiculousness of asking the company to hire you through the forums to asking the community team to communicate, as they said they will, about a part of the game that they have commented on before in the past, then I don't even know what to say to you.

Let's try this again guys. Let's put this new "Community Team Communication" to the test. We all know that NiM Denova is supposedly "in the works", that you want to get it to us in the "near future", and we should it expect it "very soon".

I challenge the community team to say something on this subject, talk to us about the ETA of NiM Denova WITHOUT using one of the orange phrases. Tell us something NEW. We're tired of being fed the same bullcrap BW, at least change up the menu from time to time, we're still hungry for something real.

Comment here if you agree, show the team just how much you want them to communicate on this.

If they gave you a ETA like they did Ranked WZ's and then they have to pull it out because of a sudden problem then the community throws a fit.

You should expect it sometime before 1.4 or when 1.4 releases.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

If they gave you a ETA like they did Ranked WZ's and then they have to pull it out because of a sudden problem then the community throws a fit.

You should expect it sometime before 1.4 or when 1.4 releases.

Not really... The ETA was really comforting... Although people would be disappointed when it was being forced to be yanked out, if they gave another ETA and a reasonable explanation (which they didnt) people wouldn't throw too much of a fit.

People were angry because nothing was being communicated.

Not really... The ETA was really comforting... Although people would be disappointed when it was being forced to be yanked out, if they gave another ETA and a reasonable explanation (which they didnt) people wouldn't throw too much of a fit.

People were angry because nothing was being communicated.

What do you mean they didn't give a reasonable explanation? They said it was not ready for live and buggy and was best to keep working on it. People would do the same thing they did with ranked if it got yanked last minute and quit, no matter the explanation.

Yeah I gotta side with the other guy on this. When Ranked was on PTS for the first time, most of the testers said its too buggy and that the system wasn't great. Based on that feedback they pulled it and reworked it all.

Part of the issue was not.enough testing since not enough PvP players were on there, it was majority pve guilds with some PvP members, and the odd couple of PvP guilds.

The people, despite having given this explanation wernt happy because they disagreed with the feedback. And they felt cheated cause it was a last minute change.

Yeah I gotta side with the other guy on this. When Ranked was on PTS for the first time, most of the testers said its too buggy and that the system wasn't great. Based on that feedback they pulled it and reworked it all.

Part of the issue was not.enough testing since not enough PvP players were on there, it was majority pve guilds with some PvP members, and the odd couple of PvP guilds.

The people, despite having given this explanation wernt happy because they disagreed with the feedback. And they felt cheated cause it was a last minute change.

I don't want the exact ETA. I want something a little more concrete than "soon". Because they've said "soon" since PAX East, which was BEFORE 1.2 even came out.

We all know this is the state of the game, and you raise valid concerns, but this isn't a "trash HM Denova" thread. If you want to talk about that, I'm pretty sure there are a few other active threads talking about it. The point of this thread is to try to consolidate people's desire to see a release date or some sort of talk about NiM Denova. You can complain about the state of the content, sure, but at the launch of 1.2, the content was fine. HM Denova is a great level of difficulty, slightly harder than Normal mode on WoW, and really does require good execution as a whole, especially in 16 man. If NiM is the "Nightmare" it is supposed to be, it would be comparable with the Heroic raids of WoW. 4 bosses isn't a lot, yes, but we don't know and can't expect every raid ever in the future to be only 4 bosses. 1.4 might not be until September/October, but I personally am happy to work through NiM progression on a more challenging and less forgiving version of Denova while I wait for 1.4, if they would just give it to us. The development team isn't "massively reduced" and if you did some research you would understand that. This will be the only post I make regarding the state of HM Denova or the game, as I really don't want to turn this thread into a hatestorm of complaints about the lack of content, I want it to be about people showing their opinions on NiM Denova and its release date.

I didn't mean for my post to come across as "lets bash HM denova" and after re-reading it I can see your point and for that I apologise (I usually end up going way overboard with posts like these). I'm just frustrated that we haven't heard anything of substance about a feature / piece of content that was supposed to be out "soon" after 1.2 and its getting to the point now that most people that care about it have cleared HM and have effectively ran out of stuff to do for a good two - three months.

I want a reason to log in again as I still like the game but seeing my guild of 3, almost 4 years, come over here expecting faster content production due to it being a new game and the sheer size of the dev team, only to be faced with the same situation as we had with Icecrown, no content and people quitting due to boredom, a situation that almost killed us the first time. Only now we don't have an expansion a month or so away to help us rebuild.

But on topic; I really hope they can at least get some solid info out there soon to at least let people know that the concept hasn't been scrapped and is still coming before its too late.

Edited by The-Vortex

I didn't mean for my post to come across as "lets bash HM denova" and after re-reading it I can see your point and for that I apologise (I usually end up going way overboard with posts like these). I'm just frustrated that we haven't heard anything of substance about a feature / piece of content that was supposed to be out "soon" after 1.2 and its getting to the point now that most people that care about it have cleared HM and have effectively ran out of stuff to do for a good two - three months.

I want a reason to log in again as I still like the game but seeing my guild of 3, almost 4 years, come over here expecting faster content production due to it being a new game and the sheer size of the dev team, only to be faced with the same situation as we had with Icecrown, no content and people quitting due to boredom, a situation that almost killed us the first time. Only now we don't have an expansion a month or so away to help us rebuild.

But on topic; I really hope they can at least get some solid info out there soon to at least let people know that the concept hasn't been scrapped and is still coming before its too late.

I agree, they need to put something out soon. As far as MMO launches go, it really hasn't been THAT bad though. If EC had twice as many bosses, people wouldn't have as big a problem as they do now. The only difference between SWTOR launch and WoW launch was that SWTOR seems to have gone for a more raids with less bosses and WoW went with a less raids with more bosses. The rate of content isn't that much slower, just the quantity of it when it is released is less. But if they can fix the speed at which they put out these smaller, more normalized raids (4-7 bosses is average for the MMO market these days, I don't think we should ever expect 12-15+ ever again), the game will start to grow again. I still am waiting for GamesCom to come and bring hopefully good news, and if it doesn't, I really hope to see something soon afterwards. Even the hardcore fans are starting to lose hope BW, and all we're asking is for a little communication on the 1 thing people want more than anything else.