Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

It will be done soon for sure I can't wait to transfer to a real server Dalborra is just to dead there wasn't even 50 people on the fleet at 16:00 on a Saturday afternoon.

Don't you dare complain about Dalborra's population when it's more then double that of Master Dar'nala

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you dare complain about Dalborra's population when it's more then double that of Master Dar'nala

Can I complain about The Harbringer having triple the pop on Tython then Master Da'narla has on the fleet during prime time?

When are you going to address this issue?

Edited by Spinikar

Each server has it's own issues and Dalborra with it's population being low is the reason why I wan't to transfer now the population issues on Master Dar'nala I don't know anything about that because that's not the server I play on.

All I wan't is to be on a nice full server where everything pops not having to wait 3hrs for a daily HM or anything else that requires a group finder option to gain BH comms.

Dear Bioware

Please STOP ignoring our concerns, you have to fix this dreadful problem that you have created through poor game design, little content updates, and sub-standard communication.

Have you even looked at the APAC servers latey??? They are just woeful at best!

I have a strong feeling your solution is to ignore us. You wll then release paid transfers and make a mint from the few remaining APAC cusotmers...

WHAT A DISGRACE!

/end rant.

Dear Bioware

Please STOP ignoring our concerns, you have to fix this dreadful problem that you have created through poor game design, little content updates, and sub-standard communication.

Have you even looked at the APAC servers latey??? They are just woeful at best!

I have a strong feeling your solution is to ignore us. You wll then release paid transfers and make a mint from the few remaining APAC cusotmers...

WHAT A DISGRACE!

/end rant.

what will you do when the time comes? Chippy has replied..please see this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548862 so we can try and stay together in some form.

44 198 views

754 posts

Still no definitive answer.

Still no update on what is being done to fix this dire issue for people on the APAC servers.

Gav Daragon is Dead and buried.

Master Dar'Nala is dead.

Dalborra is the pick of the bunch its just on freaking life support.

Some choice.

Many us us dont want to re-roll yet again and loose our hard won legacy.

We need to know Bioware, what are your plans to fix this issue?

Paid transfers?

Free Transfers?

Server merges into one Oceanic super server?

Server merges onto US West coast realms?

Wait till F2P hits and cross your fingers?

Please we need some communication on this issue.

There has been a recent increase in activity from players purchasing credits online through third-party websites. We’d like to remind everyone that buying or selling credits for real-world currency violates the Terms of Service, and that we take this kind of violation very seriously (as we do with all violations). Any account that is found to have violated the Terms of Service in this way will be penalized, including having these credits removed from it. Violating the Terms of Service can result in suspensions or bans from the service, so please do not sell or purchase credits.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5329609#edit5329609

JovethGonzalez, can you please explain to me how I am supposed to get credits on a server where there is no pop ti support a community. I am ready to spend money on your game but if you dont want that money then I am going to have to give it to the hardworking people who sell credits. At least they are doing their freaking jobs.

It will be done soon for sure I can't wait to transfer to a real server Dalborra is just to dead there wasn't even 50 people on the fleet at 16:00 on a Saturday afternoon.

Yet on Sunday night at 9pm there were 53 people in Asation on the republic side and 28 on the imperial side.

Saturday is never very busy until after 6pm. Granted the count only got to 80 or 90.

Great post Chippy.

Just adding my voice to the people left on the APAC servers and struggling to enjoy what should be a "Massively Multiplayer" game with only 30 odd people actively PvPing in prime time at level 50. In leveling alts it quite often feels like a single player game. Its disappointing that the best all-round game available at the moment (particularly one that actually has oceanic servers) should be so empty.

Bioware please don't leave us hanging. The longer you wait the more subscribers you lose.

Pax

Voldi - Master Dar'Nala

My PVE guild on MasterDarnala from running 2 raid teams consistently every week, cant even get 8 people on during raid times now. It is pretty much dead now and im having to look for a new guild.

16 dedicated players, 13 of them stopped playing coz of this game. Only 3 of us are left.

I asked them why they left.

10 of them got bored of the game and content.

Low server pop making the experience more waiting for pops than actual gameplay.

3 left for pandaria. Well, dont blame them.

So BioWare please respond to your paying customers, before the 3 of us that remain stop playing aswell.

My PVE guild on MasterDarnala from running 2 raid teams consistently every week, cant even get 8 people on during raid times now. It is pretty much dead now and im having to look for a new guild.

You aren't in Big Stinky are you?

Exactly the same situation as us.

You're all gonna hate me for saying this, but I don't really encounter many issues with the population on Master Dar'Nala. That said, I do play doing prime times.

Also absolutely love my <100ms ping.

Well i guess that depends how u play. If you just play the story skipping any group quests or just do pve with reliable friends and u just dont use the GTN altogether then i guess you wouldnt really notice it. However if u do PVP, raids etc. or use the GTN you definitely notice it. And if your like me and have mild OCD compelling you to get all the group quests done before moving on then even the storyline and leveling becomes a nightmare

I'm curious what school of business tells it's students to ignore their customers.

Who am I kidding, I'm sure EA don't hire people who know what customer service is XD

they hire people with experience. ad that dev post said, they dont care what you have studied, just about what you have done. not always a bad thing but this time was a colossal ****up

they hire people with experience. ad that dev post said, they dont care what you have studied, just about what you have done. not always a bad thing but this time was a colossal ****up

I've noticed this one particular 'Community Manager' working for other titles and he's completely and utterly useless. He might have experience in the gaming industry, but that doesn't mean he knows a thing about how to manage a community. It seems he's more interested in making a profile for himself than actually doing his job.

Experience only counts for so much, it must always be backed up by solid knowledge and where appropriate a proper qualification

http://au.ign.com/news-tips.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GameSpot-AU/205612786177284?fref=ts

I have written to IGN and posted stuff on gamespot AU facebook page. They have have a twitter but I dont have that so could not post there.

Recommend writing to them. The more people that do the better response we might get and if they do a story on this we can then use that as a platform to reach other websites etc.

Currently sitting in 50 PvP queue on MDN. Joined queue at 3:57 pm.

Current time taken: 20 minutes.

Current time taken: 25 minutes.

Current time taken: 30 minutes.

Queue took 33 minutes to pop. How is this acceptable? Merge sooner rather than later please.

Edited by scullzomben

I'm curious what school of business tells it's students to ignore their customers.

Who am I kidding, I'm sure EA don't hire people who know what customer service is XD

I believe their motto is "Customer Disservice, because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied!"

Thanks for the updates Bioware.

Seeing as we can't get your attention here, hopefull you'll notice BBB CASE#: 57238334 when it lands on your table.

Finally received a response from Bioware regarding this, though they have not formally sent anything through the BBB yet. Just thought I would share a snippet of the response regarding our concerns:

Following a recent contact from the Better Business Bureau, I have reviewed your case.

I would like to provide you with some information regarding the issues you have encountered. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, please feel free to reply to this email, should you have any questions regarding this or any other matter.

I have reviewed your past tickets and forum posts, I understand that you have been inquiring about the Oceanic server situation. I would like to assure you that, as mentioned by Joveth Gonzalez, the Online Community Manager for Star Wars: The Old Republic, your concerns are important to us.

We want you to have a great gaming experience and you can be reassured that we would be happy to help with any concerns you might have. Unfortunately, regarding this particular subject, I do not have any more details to provide you with but Oceanic players will be updated as soon as we have more information.

....We take your comments very seriously and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this particular matter.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

So to sum it up, it's a lot of words to say "We're doing nothing about it". It is coming up to three months since US/European servers had their upgrade, and yet still they have not found a solution to address our issues. Anyway, I am awaiting to hear how they responsd, but I am guessing it will be the same level of poor service.