Nerf grav/tracer omg!

JediDuckling

Im going to join the fray here.

Tracer missile needs to change.

It makes me sad sometimes when I see BHs get interrupted and just stand there not knowing what to do.

It shows even more how badly designed the skill is. That some people has actually gotten to lvl50 and to rank 60 with 1 skill and 1 skill only. thats just.. ***...

UM...if they don't know how to use something else when TM gets interupted, thats on them, not the rest of us.

There's more than just one skill that goes with TM, but of course, most of those who QQ don't bother looking into that or how the tree is set up.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to join the fray here.

Tracer missile needs to change.

It makes me sad sometimes when I see BHs get interrupted and just stand there not knowing what to do.

It shows even more how badly designed the skill is. That some people has actually gotten to lvl50 and to rank 60 with 1 skill and 1 skill only. thats just.. ***...

A bad player != bad design.

• 2 weeks later...
All Mercs (maybe PT also) have Power Shot. Its 90% the same as Tracer. Same casting time and cooldown, IE spammable. It doesn't benefit from the Tracer perks but it actually does more damage.

PvP BHs should have this mapped as well, but most Arsenal Mercs never used it past level 17 so they have long forgotten about it.

Good point, never understand why actually some attackers claim they are helpless in the next 5 seconds due to interruption. Seems like they encounter really bad ones. Yeah, PT has no Power Shot they only share Missile Blast.

Edited by BobaFurz

The only problem I have with it is it makes my 20% ranged defense worthless because it's tech damage. I don't know why they gave snipers/gunslingers 20% ranged defense when in cover or for 6 seconds afterwards when talented when the only people it helps against is... other snipers and gunslingers. Yes, I know I can interrupt it and they are locked out for 4 seconds every 12 and full auto/unload along with charged bolts and the merc version gets affected by it, but it still annoys me.

I am a dps vanguard, lvl 50, don't have but 2 pieces of champ armor, the weapon relic and one trinket.. the weapon is the tank version... anyway, rest is cent gear for pvp...... Not even full assault spec, I am 1/22/18 lol. Anyway...... i eat dps mercs..... all day long. Seriously. rather fight them than a shadow/sin tank or geared sorc any day of the week.

I went spamming tracer missile around on my merc's DPS spec in honor of this thread.

Oddly, there in the 50 bracket, I wasn't magically one-shotting anybody. In fact, pretty much everyone would LoS me as soon as I'd start shooting them, if at all they could.

I was reduced to picking off trash, man! And then these horrible meleers kept destroying me when they'd get sick of me shooting them!

Tracer missile needs to be more powerful to correct this!

This is an OUTRAGE!

I went spamming tracer missile around on my merc's DPS spec in honor of this thread.

Oddly, there in the 50 bracket, I wasn't magically one-shotting anybody. In fact, pretty much everyone would LoS me as soon as I'd start shooting them, if at all they could.

I was reduced to picking off trash, man! And then these horrible meleers kept destroying me when they'd get sick of me shooting them!

This is an OUTRAGE!

Don't know if this is serious or not... but it IS true, say for the final part. A lot of ppl that spam tracer/grav round don't know what to do when they meet say a Mara/Sent who leaps on them, leg slashes and runs around them kiting LoS and interrupting them. They just try to knockback and run away. Either way tracer/grav still is the number one DPS skill for them.

But if a Merc/Commando is getting away with spamming it all day then imo it's a group/player issue; yeah it's an attack that can be spammed/annoying but seriously, unless the groups 4-5 Mercs it's not hard to stop the spam with a decent group/player.

When u say "lightning" you are actually talking about 4 diferent abilites. Add that to shielding and sprinting and the Inqs use at least 6 abilities.

Its more than the Tracer/Grav spammers know how to do.

I'd actually love to press my Tracer button a whole lot less. It's kinda dull.

The problem is that spamming Tracer/Grav ALOT is the way BW designed the spec to be played. It needs a change in the rotation/priorities of the spec more than it needs a nerf.

And for the love of God, please change the animation on Tracer. Sooo tired of my BH looking like he's taking a dump all the time. /end mini-rant

This is an OUTRAGE!

^^

10/10

:p

I can't believe there is a tracer QQ.

We all know who to blame for all this tracer QQ. Bioware. They put that awful sound along with pulling missiles out of our private areas. That sound alone causes riots and QQ's for nerf.

Tracer Missiles in itself doesn't do enough dps to intelligent players who goes LOS. Only incompetent players get owned in the line of fire by tracer missiles.

Our true power is HeartSeeker!!!!

I'd actually love to press my Tracer button a whole lot less. It's kinda dull.

The problem is that spamming Tracer/Grav ALOT is the way BW designed the spec to be played. It needs a change in the rotation/priorities of the spec more than it needs a nerf.

And for the love of God, please change the animation on Tracer. Sooo tired of my BH looking like he's taking a dump all the time. /end mini-rant

Personally, I hope they never change the animation, unless they change it to look even more compromising.

As a Merc player, my only concern with TM is too much repetitive use.

I don't find it anywhere near OP (its channelled and it roots you, spam it and your deaths will vastly outnumber your kills), the animation and sound I find cool.

But it makes the Arsenal rotation kind of boring, so for the Merc's own sake, Bioware please spread out the damage and buffs and procs between more Arsenal abilities when you have a minute :)

both parties will get happier. the few TM spammers won't, but does anyone care about them? if anything, it will cause a drop in Merc numbers, which will also be appreciated by those who stay and by all other classes :)

Edited by Decembrist

To the people complaining: Do you realize that TM/GR is the basis of all of our other rotation skills in Arsenal/Gunnery? Do you also realize that any melee with an interrupt murders Mercs/Commandos in 1v1 fights unless we are heal specced?

It needs to be balanced. Getting spammed for 2200 - 3500 every missile even after the 4 second interrupt is stupid.

To the people complaining: Do you realize that TM/GR is the basis of all of our other rotation skills in Arsenal/Gunnery? Do you also realize that any melee with an interrupt murders Mercs/Commandos in 1v1 fights unless we are heal specced?

^This. It is hilarious watching the spammers do absolutely nothing but run once you interrupt their ability that is if they can run.;)

Why are you fighting everyone 1 on 1? This is a team game, and with how overpopulated the class is you cannot interupt the spam of the 4+ of the AC everywhere you go.

Maybe the damage needs to be shifted away from the "basis of the rotation" skill and moved into other moves, with the overly simple nature of the ACs, adding more abilities and spreading out the damage would be a good idea, and up the skill cap of what is a far to simple AC for the payoff.

It needs to be balanced. Getting spammed for 2200 - 3500 every missile even after the 4 second interrupt is stupid.

Why waiting 4 seconds, just change to powershot which does similar dmg and is spammable. You only interrupt one skill.

Edited by BobaFurz

Unless you have absolutely ZERO expertice, 2200-3500 is a bit high. It's more like 1600-1700 non crits and around 2500 crits. Now if I pop Adrenals and Relics, of course it's going to be higher, but since the surge nerf, not so much. That's with the Rakata 2 piece and just over 10% expertice that I use in PvP.

But I wouldn't expect anything less from this QQ....

Pretty much this. But ppl just can't understand that. If BW designers actually knew what they're doing, they'd make our gv uninterruptible so we could stand some chance in 1vs1. Yes it needs a buff, NOT a nerf. If they nerf something about gunnery, they can just go and remake whole tree.