Can you solo Colicoid War Game?

I recently hit 50, and all my buddies are still in their 30s, so I've been trying to find stuff to do while I wait. I've been able to solo Taral V and Maelstorm Prison with no issues, but I can't seem to 'survive' long enough in the first part of the war game. Is it possible and I'm just sucking? Or is a non-solo check?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

OK a year on from the last poster....

Colicoid War games can be done with just 2 people providing 1 is a Jugg.. (for the intercede and force leap abilities)

Ive just done it with one of my guildies (me a Merc him a Jugg) it did involve me having to eventually voluntarily kill myself to respawn the other side of a gate to deactivate the other gates, but only for teh first part.. teh 2nd part he just leaped down to deactivate teh main gates (been after the chest piece for my Merc for a while)

So.. yeah.. not possible solo but is possible as a duo

Yes it is as a Jug, someone posted a vid of it here

Use guardian leap to drop aggro during turrets (leap to a colicoid on an upper level via rock formation). Then go up and over the enclosed area and off around the outside of the terminals section leaping to the final terminal and opening the final gate

Edited by Athena-Nike

OK a year on from the last poster....

Colicoid War games can be done with just 2 people providing 1 is a Jugg.. (for the intercede and force leap abilities)

Ive just done it with one of my guildies (me a Merc him a Jugg) it did involve me having to eventually voluntarily kill myself to respawn the other side of a gate to deactivate the other gates, but only for teh first part.. teh 2nd part he just leaped down to deactivate teh main gates (been after the chest piece for my Merc for a while)

So.. yeah.. not possible solo but is possible as a duo

You can do it with 2 Marauders as well. Did it over the weekend, you just need to know who to leap to, and one of them will need to die once to get past the puzzle. You can skip the turrets part with a Jugg/Guardian, but there is debate about whether that is an exploit. Personally I wouldn't.

I recently hit 50, and all my buddies are still in their 30s, so I've been trying to find stuff to do while I wait. I've been able to solo Taral V and Maelstorm Prison with no issues, but I can't seem to 'survive' long enough in the first part of the war game. Is it possible and I'm just sucking? Or is a non-solo check?

Just as a comment, I would like to give you kudos for soloing TV and MP as a new level 50.

I know others have done it, but it still takes skill, especially when you're new to end-game.

Cheers.

Just as a comment, I would like to give you kudos for soloing TV and MP as a new level 50.

I know others have done it, but it still takes skill, especially when you're new to end-game.

Cheers.

It really only takes patience to solo normal mode Taral V and Maelstrom Prison as a level 50. Once, just for fun, I pulled almost the entire Taral V FP after me into the room of the final boss, the army only took me down after I wiped out like half of it.

• 2 months later...
Bump. Just tried to solo this as a new 50 guardian as per the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0twQJioY8, and I'm stuck right at the beginning when you leap to a friendly Colicoid on the upper deck. Won't let me leap even when I'm in range, says "target cannot be charged at this time". Can anyone else replicate/confirm? Wondering if this was a sneak fix over the wkend.

Won't let me leap even when I'm in range, says "target cannot be charged at this time". Can anyone else replicate/confirm? Wondering if this was a sneak fix over the wkend.

They fixed that a couple months back, in fact, it was just after the last few posts in this thread (1/15 was the last post before yours and they fixed it on 1/23). If you're curious, just check here. Under Flashpoints, "Friendly Colicoids in Colicoid War Game are now immune to gap-closing abilities such as Intercede."

Bump. Just tried to solo this as a new 50 guardian as per the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0twQJioY8, and I'm stuck right at the beginning when you leap to a friendly Colicoid on the upper deck. Won't let me leap even when I'm in range, says "target cannot be charged at this time". Can anyone else replicate/confirm? Wondering if this was a sneak fix over the wkend.

Not a sneak fix. It was in the patch notes.

You used to be able if you were a guardian or a juggernaut, you would Leap or intercede to a friendly target. They changed with a recent patch that made npc untraceable, in the end I had to go with a bunch of low level players in my optimised dps and steam roll it

I have soloed it on my 50 guardian before. It basically turns the whole thing on its head and requires you to practically leave the map for half of the FP, but it was doable. I think I remember seeing a patch a while back though that said you can't leap to the colicoids in the turret phase anymore which essentially would make soloing it impossible. I haven't tested that yet, though, so feel free to try.

• 1 year later...

Soloed as a marauder. Did all the puzzles and all the turret phases (those were quite challanging even at 55).

Ill try to provide proof below, didnt do a vid, took some screen shots at key points.

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/315721/Screenshot_2014-04-04_20_16_44_3494253809.jpg

First puzzle was the real tricky part, trade secret how I got there :) Rest was simple, so I hope this is sufficient proof.

Twas tough figuring out how to get through.

Edited by Benirons

• 4 months later...
They fixed that a couple months back, in fact, it was just after the last few posts in this thread (1/15 was the last post before yours and they fixed it on 1/23). If you're curious, just check here. Under Flashpoints, "Friendly Colicoids in Colicoid War Game are now immune to gap-closing abilities such as Intercede."

Well, that might be a hint not to discuss similar strategies on the official forum if you want them to remain functional. ;-) (No, seriously, I believe BW are quite capable of monitoring the game itself and dont need forums to find out whats happening. Finding these special strategies for yourself can be satisfying but once published, they never last for all the others to try out.)

Soloed as a marauder. Did all the puzzles and all the turret phases (those were quite challanging even at 55).

Ill try to provide proof below, didnt do a vid, took some screen shots at key points.

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/315721/Screenshot_2014-04-04_20_16_44_3494253809.jpg

First puzzle was the real tricky part, trade secret how I got there :) Rest was simple, so I hopw this is sufficient proof.

Twas was figuring out how to get through.

Not that I dont trust you or anything but to be technically accurate it is necessary to mention that the easiest way of making a genuine screen capture of a single player in an area accessible by a group only is that the whole group reaches that point and than other players leave the group leaving the hero alone to capture his screen. ;-)

Not that I dont trust you or anything but to be technically accurate it is necessary to mention that the easiest way of making a genuine screen capture of a single player in an area accessible by a group only is that the whole group reaches that point and than other players leave the group leaving the hero alone to capture his screen. ;-)

That is a fair point, maybe I will post a more compelling screenshot that u cannot argue with.

I did do it alone and I know it and am very happy about it :p. If u decide to be skeptical, that is naturally ur business. (although the whispers seem pretty genuine to me XD).