Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

EDIT 2 - PRO TIP - In Athiss, if you are biochem, you can collect some sort of flower before the second boss. You then have an item in your "mission items" inventory by which you can summon some sort of mob to help you. Funny thinkg is, this npc is treated as a companion and summoning him enables you to use heroic moment ability - which is ofc very helpful due to additional healing and legacy skills :D

This is pretty cool, actually, I never even though about trying the Heroic Moment with these temp companions.

I wonder if it works with the temp healing droids in Mandalorian Raiders ...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you this from both sides... healer and tank. LvL 55 FPs are really difficult and if im a tank and i get a group with a healer below Basic Gear ( 156 or below 26k hp) i wont even try it at all. I just quit form the beginning and save my credits. If im in my Healer and i see a tank lower than 28K (Basic-Classic Gear) i wont even try either. And i've been called "elistist', gear dumb. etc by players who i told them.. i wont take the chance doing this and you using PvP gear or columni-rakata.

The main problem now its the new gear-stats. It changed the game in the way that if you are a healer you have more problems healing a tank (i dont even take care of the dps's), I mostly finish the Bonus bosses burning life and medpacks to keep with the heals on the tank and survive the mission. Now that i have more gear (mostly Elite) the heals are easier to certain point... but still i need to keep burning life to get power and keep the tank (now i can save and heal the dps's too). REMEMBER this... tanks (and i say ALL of them/classes) are really squishy now.. and a mob can kill them in less than you can cast a heal. Also remember that because they changed the stats in gear and skill tress, now hybrids tress are less powerfull than dedicated ones (used to be more fun heals and dps at same time.. now you heal or heal).

The same thing happens when i use my tank and it is not "because i dont know how to use my cooldowns" (as one noob told me once) and because of the same reason that happens to healers, new mechanics and changes in the game.

Now the only problem is that because all these problems and noobs bothering you (because they dont have a fricking clue whats going on as healer/tank ) i saw and hear many (tanks/healers) stopping to do that and just going to the easy classes as dps. Going Rdps mostly cuz Mdps are having more problems with healers ( i prefer to keep the tank alive than dps...) and same as Tanks. It is almost impossible as a healer to keep tank alive and heal Mdps in the process.

I can tell you this from both sides... healer and tank. LvL 55 FPs are really difficult and if im a tank and i get a group with a healer below Basic Gear ( 156 or below 26k hp) i wont even try it at all. I just quit form the beginning and save my credits. If im in my Healer and i see a tank lower than 28K (Basic-Classic Gear) i wont even try either. And i've been called "elistist', gear dumb. etc by players who i told them.. i wont take the chance doing this and you using PvP gear or columni-rakata.

Dread Guard can handle the new flashpoints just fine (rating 150). Someone in full DG won't have a gear problem with any of the new HM FPs.

The only thing I wouldn't want to mess with while in an undergeared group is the Hammer Station bonus boss, and the turrets in Mandolorian Raiders (expect to wipe on once on each set you can't avoid while DPSing one turret down).

Every other boss I've seen beaten with weak healer, weak DPS, weak tank, or all of the above. The final boss of Mandolorian Raiders is probably the worst as the 3 set of turrets are a very tough DPS check when your tank/healer is weak, but if you coordinate cooldowns it's still doable. The rest of the bosses are pretty darn trivial if you know how to handle them, even the bonus stuff. You might have problem with the bonus boss in Cademimu if your group have a lot of SW types with weak gear (they have a hard time escaping the Force Storm), but that's about it.

Just a tip for any healers not aware.

You can go into the interface editor and make debuffs huge on on the raid/party frames.

Never miss a cleanse again

Edited by Karma_UK

Dread Guard can handle the new flashpoints just fine (rating 150). Someone in full DG won't have a gear problem with any of the new HM FPs.

not at all i have to upgrade my assassin tank to basic gear (R 156) to be at least up to the FP lvl 55. And again, DG gear? who uses that? people are going from makeb and their low gear to try these new HMFPlvl55 just because "they are lvl 55"

I tanked all the FPs in Rakata gear on my Assassin tank. The only boss that was semi hard was the bonus boss on Hammer Station and he's probably the hardest boss in the FPs.

Now the trash, that's another whole thing altogether. You're supposed to use CD and CCs on them, and if not expect to die terribly even with full Black Market gear.

Edited by Astarica

not at all i have to upgrade my assassin tank to basic gear (R 156) to be at least up to the FP lvl 55. And again, DG gear? who uses that? people are going from makeb and their low gear to try these new HMFPlvl55 just because "they are lvl 55"

I started pugging HM FPs on my Shadow Tank the moment I dinged 55. I had a mix of 63/61/58 gear that was partially augmented with the old grade 22 augments.

When I hit 55, I purchased the main hand 28 hilt, and a couple of 28 enhancements and I did fine. One pug fell apart, but four more went well. After I got a couple of pieces of Black Market I ran SM SV.

The changes to the dr curves on defensive stats made me have to pay close attention to cooldowns, procs, etc. Using CC was more important as well. As a matter of fact, the pug that went poorly was all due to CC-breaking derp-wipes.

I'm sure getting in full 156 will help, but it isn't by any means required. What's required is more care before each pull, getting better at your class, and being in better coordination with the group.

I started pugging HM FPs on my Shadow Tank the moment I dinged 55. I had a mix of 63/61/58 gear that was partially augmented with the old grade 22 augments.

When I hit 55, I purchased the main hand 28 hilt, and a couple of 28 enhancements and I did fine. One pug fell apart, but four more went well. After I got a couple of pieces of Black Market I ran SM SV.

The changes to the dr curves on defensive stats made me have to pay close attention to cooldowns, procs, etc. Using CC was more important as well. As a matter of fact, the pug that went poorly was all due to CC-breaking derp-wipes.

I'm sure getting in full 156 will help, but it isn't by any means required. What's required is more care before each pull, getting better at your class, and being in better coordination with the group.

I don't see how you're supposed to survive the 5 droid pulls in Athiss or the 5 dog pulls in Mandolorian Raiders without at least some CC/CD, preferably both, even if you're full black market geared. These things just hit way too hard but that's why you have CC and CD to use on them. I see far too many group where the tank sort of just charges in with no CD and nobody is CCing anything and then the tank dies immediately and people cry it's too hard.

Also some of the pulls are pretty gimmicky, like the ones where there looks like only 1 mob in front but 3 strongs pop out from a door somewhere, and they can drop your healer in a hurry if you didn't notice them. The 5 dog pull in Mandolorian has 1 dog in front and 4 on the side, and if you didn't see those dogs you get a dead healer in 3 seconds too. There's also several pulls that features like 6 strongs but you got a coolant tank or a explosive fuel nearby, and you're obviously supposed to use it to stun or burn down the mobs.

When I hit 55 I had enough basic comms to buy the boots. I decided not to since I wanted to save up for the mainhand. 1 minute after I hit 55 I got into HM Cadimemu and we cleared it with 2 wipes on the bonus boss and 1 wipe on the final boss. We were not in VoiceChat, did not know each other and didn't have level 51+ stims. Aside from those wipes there were no deaths. And guess what? With full 63s I was the most geared person in the group. The PT tank had full 61s and had no issues tanking:p And the DPS? A mix of Black Hole and Rakata.

I tanked all the FPs in Rakata gear on my Assassin tank. The only boss that was semi hard was the bonus boss on Hammer Station and he's probably the hardest boss in the FPs.

I started pugging HM FPs on my Shadow Tank the moment I dinged 55. I had a mix of 63/61/58 gear that was partially augmented with the old grade 22 augments. I'm sure getting in full 156 will help, but it isn't by any means required. What's required is more care before each pull, getting better at your class, and being in better coordination with the group.

^Astarica and Khevar proving my point.

Sounds like you tend to overgear content MasterKraken rather than relying on your skill. Here's a piece of advice from Obi-Wan (Jedi or not, he's a useful source of wisdom): "Use the Force."

Time to switch your targeting computer off MasterKraken.

Edited by AshlaBoga

a couple of things for 55 HM if your a fresh 55 healer

For tanks / healers

Tank damage from bosses is low

Tank damage from trash is ALOT

For dps

CC is advisable to be used on trash

Single target dps is a must

Kill weak, normal first and let tank grab strong/elite

If you all gank a different target - healer will DIE because of hte loose mobs. No, its not a matter of healing himself. Its because he cant heal tank, rambo dps AND himself at the same time.

I started Hm 55 while wearing 50 blackhole gear. Not changed a thing while leveling. And BH gear is piss easy to get from HM 50 flashpoints now.

Edit

Oh and tell your group you'll try the bonus bosses once or twice but are probably undergeared for it.

Edited by MichelvanMeerten

Actually for DPS, what you want to do is throw your 'stun weak/standard target for 3 seconds' skill on anything it works on while focusing on the Strongs. Strong mobs are the biggest source of damage for trash, but they also have very few HPs. You can even hit the wrong Strongs (as long as it's not the CCed ones) and that's okay because any DPS should be able to burn one Strong down before he dies, and if you have to fight say 5 dogs in Mandolorian Raiders, it's slightly easier to have tank get 3 while each DPS take 1, versus tank getting all 5 dogs, though of course you should CC two of them to begin with. Use your stuns on the Strong mobs is a good idea too. You should not touch the Elites at all as a DPS because they should be CCed and saved for last.

A 69 geared healer isn't even going to come close to outhealing the DPS of say the 5 strong droid pack in Athiss that all do Charged Burst for 5K at the same time if the tank didn't use a CD, or the turrets of doom in Mandolorian Raiders. Of course you got to ask why is your tank not using CD, or why is the healer not CCing one of the strong (all healer types can CC any mob not immune to CC)?

Elites generally aren't a big deal. If you want to reduce damage, you should really mez the strongs. It usually makes more sense to mez the elite while your DPS burns down the strongs, but that'd require your DPS know what they're doing too. Nobody is gong to tank 4 strong mobs comfortably in the 55 FPs for a very long time, but at least 2 of those should die in the first 10 seconds if your DPS is any good.

I always mezz the far left droid of that encounter. Four out of five runs a DPS mezz's another of the left pack. Regardless, 20k damage isn't that bad if you consider 2 kolto probes should already be floating, preferably with kolto infusion already rolling at the pull.

Ninety percent of tanks will pop a cooldown for that pull, and as for the ones that don't...well we might just have to finish that pull with them on their back. But I've never wiped on that particular pull.

The general kill order is weak to elite, so I don't know exactly why you wanna mez the strongs more often than elites. Obviously it depends on the context of the particular pull, but I normally default to mezzing the elites, tanking the strongs, and dps 1-2 shotting weak or standards.

I don't see how you're supposed to survive the 5 droid pulls in Athiss or the 5 dog pulls in Mandolorian Raiders without at least some CC/CD, preferably both, even if you're full black market geared. These things just hit way too hard but that's why you have CC and CD to use on them. I see far too many group where the tank sort of just charges in with no CD and nobody is CCing anything and then the tank dies immediately and people cry it's too hard.

Also some of the pulls are pretty gimmicky, like the ones where there looks like only 1 mob in front but 3 strongs pop out from a door somewhere, and they can drop your healer in a hurry if you didn't notice them. The 5 dog pull in Mandolorian has 1 dog in front and 4 on the side, and if you didn't see those dogs you get a dead healer in 3 seconds too. There's also several pulls that features like 6 strongs but you got a coolant tank or a explosive fuel nearby, and you're obviously supposed to use it to stun or burn down the mobs.

WE do, I ask the tank to just pull it but my sorc is in full 69's now with some 72 so its cake > :) .we use no CC when i heal on HIM :) .or use CC as needed , but on those pulls I ask them to not use CC . so I can have fun keeping everyone a live.

My question is ? . IS the tank you run with a PuG tank ? ,

Even then I don't have to many issue on those pulls .

OR do you know the tank ?

IF so

IS he geared right ?

Does he know how to tank it YET ? .

MY Sorc is doing 10k crit heals now and His Aoe Ticks for 1k normal and 1100 CRIT AOE per tick .

I'm not Fully augmented yet , still need to adjust my crit and surge and power and ala more .

Edited by tanktest

Healing in full 66 itemised gear, with remaining old 50 augments. Absolutely not having problems with any of those FPs, even the Hammer boss is easy to heal. But... you have to know what you are doing. No more just clicking one skill and that did the job, when we were all totally overgeared for the old FPs.

And finally there is fun to do - there is cleansing, there is more accent put on the AoE, you need to watch the procs and such. It''s much more fun to play healing sorc.

ME nether I don't se the problem , to me its no diff . then before 2.0 once your geared . We use CC as needed most of the time we don't, we just pull ,I heal them thu it no issues.

I agree Fully its so Much more fun healing on my Sorc then it ever was .

Edited by tanktest

i cleance my companion from bleeding or burning and people all around even in colicoid's last boss or casual armor debuffs..slows..whatever i think is giving more trouble than i want.

you must me more dedicated, pay more attention to your resource..

.healing is not filling the bars..

it's acting proactively to avoid damage and let people kill or even you make some damage.

if you know what to complain about you should be able to cleance at right moment.

thanks BW for these new mechanics!

p.s.

the only boss who gave me some problems in both healing and tanking was the bonus in hammer station..a lot of damage to everyone, popping defencive CD on cooldown and once we constantly enraged him. for the rest..nothing hard or with impossible learning curve.

always about learning curve..healing is also cleancing and you must reach that point in your curve.

I always mezz the far left droid of that encounter. Four out of five runs a DPS mezz's another of the left pack. Regardless, 20k damage isn't that bad if you consider 2 kolto probes should already be floating, preferably with kolto infusion already rolling at the pull.

Ninety percent of tanks will pop a cooldown for that pull, and as for the ones that don't...well we might just have to finish that pull with them on their back. But I've never wiped on that particular pull.

The general kill order is weak to elite, so I don't know exactly why you wanna mez the strongs more often than elites. Obviously it depends on the context of the particular pull, but I normally default to mezzing the elites, tanking the strongs, and dps 1-2 shotting weak or standards.

Generally speaking the strong mobs are responsible for the most significant amount of damage so in a pure damage prevention model you might want to mez the strong first.

In light of the fact the strong mobs have signficantly less HP than an elite, it usually makes more sense to mez the elite first and burn down the strong instead.

Weak and standards are pretty much non factors because the tank can keep them stunned for a very long time with any attack that stuns weak/normal mobs and there's a lot of them.

WE do, I ask the tank to just pull it but my sorc is in full 69's now with some 72 so its cake > :) .we use no CC when i heal on HIM :) .or use CC as needed , but on those pulls I ask them to not use CC . so I can have fun keeping everyone a live.

My question is ? . IS the tank you run with a PuG tank ? ,

Even then I don't have to many issue on those pulls .

OR do you know the tank ?

IF so

IS he geared right ?

Does he know how to tank it YET ? .

MY Sorc is doing 10k crit heals now and His Aoe Ticks for 1k normal and 1100 CRIT AOE per tick .

I'm not Fully augmented yet , still need to adjust my crit and surge and power and ala more .

Honestly, 'have fun' groups are the worst ones. 99% of the time they're better off replacing a 'fun guy' with a PUG and they'll live longer. The guys who 'have fun' are the DPS breaking my CC, or the healer that gets one shot by 5 strong mobs. Even if you can heal for infinite amount of healing on the tank himself, the hardest pulls involve multiple Strong mobs coming from different directions, which is impossible for a tank to aggro them all, so the tank takes 25K damage, you heal 25K damage, and then the Strong mobs coming from the direction the tank can't cover one shots the healer.

The 5 droid pull has all 5 droids doing charged burst at the same time for 5K each. Then they also do their normal attack after that, so you're taking 25K damage + 5 direct attacks at the same time. It's likely some of it is going to miss/shielded so you'll usually live but this is an amount where survival is definitely not guaranteed. Same with the 5 dog pulls. If the tank survived without a CD it's not because the healer is good. It's because the tank was lucky some of those hits didn't connect. These HMs aren't that hard but if you don't take them seriously you will most definitely die. Now if you can ensure you're the only person dying I don't actually care very much, but there isn't exactly a lot of margin of error to ensure you're the only one paying a repair bill.

So I am just going to come out with it: healing these revamped flash points for level 55 is HORRIBLE. Why is it that Bioware thought that the best way to make level 55 FPs "challenging" was to give the healers an even more difficult time when they ALREADY had the hardest job in a group.

Before 55 lvl FPs, a well geared healer could help keep up an ok geared Tank. Now the tank has to be ridiculously almost over geared for the two to stand a chance. I am referring to the DOTs that need to be cleansed in fight like the first boss in Hammer Station, the last boss in Athiss and the last boss in Mandalorian Raiders.

I have been in far too many FPs where even healers in full 69's quit because of far too many wipes. I foresee a great deal of less people wanting to bear the burden of being blame for wipes (because they already were) and even less people will choose to be healers. This role is already by FAR the least played and less desirable role. It was ALREADY difficult to come across great healers let alone good ones.

Help me out guys, am I just having bad luck with the 55 FPs?

I think you are just having bad luck to be frank. Just got my scoundrel to 55 and had to heal two 55 HM FP (Cadimemu and Hammer Station) with a guardian tank that had 44% damage reduction and 14% defense chance. You can do it ; )

Until this week.... my only experience in HM 55 FPs has been as a Merc DPS.... But this week, I got my Sage healer to 55 and started running them in my 1.7 raiding gear. (mostly Campaign with a little Dread Guard, and I supplemented with Partisan PvP Ear, 2x Implants, and 1 relic since I had capped coms, just to get a little boost on fresh 55 gear)....

Ran about a half dozen or so FPs... few different tanks, some easier to heal than others. But at no time, was the damage the tank was taking TOO much for me to heal through.

I started every trash pull by Force Armor'ing the tank, Rejuvenate, and channeled Healing Trance AS he was pulling the mobs, so that Resplendence would proc my instant-cast Salvation and I'd drop it on him. After that, it's just managing Force Armor, and keeping the HoTs/Channels going and the tank will never dip below about 50% even on the dog pulls in Mando Raiders, which tends to be the worst, except maybe the 5 Droids in Athiss, which is easily done with a couple CCs.

As I am gearing, it's getting easier and easier to keep up the tanks...

And I have healed tanks of differing gearing ranges... from Shadows with almost BiS 69s, to Vanguards that were fresh 55 in 61/63s.... even had a Shadow in Cademimu the other day, with green Implants, mostly 61 gear, and was even using a Campaign Alacrity clicky relic.

I'm NOT making one of those "I am elite, this is so easy go back to story mode" posts.... Just saying, this was my experience when I started healing FPs. Skill and experience matters, and I've been playing a raid healer for a year in this game, and I'm not exactly terrible at it.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro

I generally object to CC'ing either of those droids, at least as a healer. Because 1 of 2 things usually results from a tank that insists on CCing them:

A. My CC lands before the tank pulls, giving me agro on everything, and I die.

B. The tank pulls before I start casting my CC, and doesn't think to use a defensive, so by the time my CC lands and I get the tank targeted they are already at 30% health and dropping quickly, and die before my first real heal can land.

IMO, much better to just let the tank pull so he can already be setup with a bubble, hot, and I can be pre-casting. If the tank thinks to use a defensive, the pull is super easy (saber reflect FTW!). But even if they don't, as long as they can get agro on more than one thing, it is survivable.

about the frog boss in hammerstation, i learned this

his damage is quite high

having to heal 3 melee is nasty

right before he starts to stomp the group he puts a debuff on the tank AND stops attacking for like a second.

use that time to move 35 yards away and move straight back. you might take 1 stomp hit but thats like 2.5k damage, no biggie

you wont get stunned and wont take damage and can easely top 3 ppl up

i enjoy the healing aspect, my only job is to heal, the problem i have at my back is how frequently one can hit their force limit or heat/energy point, if ideally geared and still run into trouble then the wipe is because all 3 players are sharing threat and as a result trying to deal with all 3 for heals plus yourself can easily make matters worse. i have actually had to choose in the middle of a fight to let one of the team die just to focus less one problem so i can heal more effectively. other times i have had to sacrifice myself on the healing front just to give the team that last push.

A healer can not be too choosey about what happens in a fight and if the tank or dps doesnt want to get into it, cancel out special attacks, it only makes the job that much harder. I end up having to do 6 things in one go just to make it to the end of the round. so it isnt so much the healer at fault as the design of the map requiring more that i just can not provide with the resources i got because gtn prices on such items are staggering too high, or requiring ultimate comms is more trouble then its worth to get in the short term, so i can not get into it as much as i would like.

You want to run that through the mathefier again? Base surge is 50%

you don't beve me , owell I must be seeing things

No my surge is at 72 % and my Crit 27 % buffed and my power close to 1300 Un buffed ala is 9 %

IDC if you think I making it up I'm not .