So... how's the new bg doing?

gvettekill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I only speak for myself, and I myself have only played it a few times.

However! I enjoy it! It seemed like it allowed for some very interesting strategy and game play... and along with Huttball i think it's the most unique WZ out there. However it did seemed very rushed. It ended very quickly, and I feel like those interesting strategies you could think of would have to be wam-bam-zam-we-win rather then nice and long thought plans. So, IMO it was very unique and interesting, but it seemed very rushed... so total enjoyment-level for me was just somewhat average. Not terrible, but not amazingly fun either.

Again, this is my humble opinion :D

EDIT: Oh and yes, I enjoy Huttball very much. Probably my favorite Warzone! It's too bad most people spend it player hunting instead of working together to score. However when playing with either a premade or a competent team, its my fav.

Edited by Swissbob

I love the new WZ, but... ive only gotten to play it 1 time in the last 5 hours i have been queing, keep getting HB NC HB NC i would love to do more of the AHG WZ. i love the part when it punishes folks for death matching instead of getting to the objectives, stay out too long and your 1 shoted, i love that part.

EDIT: Oh and yes, I enjoy Huttball very much. Probably my favorite Warzone! It's too bad most people spend it player hunting instead of working together to score. However when playing with either a premade or a competent team, its my fav.

That's the only way I can get any enjoyment out of it.

I love it, it's got a lot of potential. There are several ways to win, cap time is just right, and the whole thing is quite fast-paced. There is always some action somewhere, you're not really stuck on guarding a never-visited node (even though you have to guard the pylons but still, not the same).

Apparently this new warzone is too difficult to understand for most Pubs on the Harbinger. Capturing pylons and picking up and depositing energy orbs at said pylons is, it would seem, simply beyond their capacity. So instead they spend their time in mid deathmatching while we get two-capped and then type "??" and, "how did we lose?" when it's over.

Apparently this new warzone is too difficult to understand for most Pubs on the Harbinger. Capturing pylons and picking up and depositing energy orbs at said pylons is, it would seem, simply beyond their capacity. So instead they spend their time in mid deathmatching while we get two-capped and then type "??" and, "how did we lose?" when it's over.

Same on Jedi Cov. Imps continually attack our pylon and we ignore theirs completely. Everyone yells to grab the orbs and then wonders where the hell to take them when we have no pylon. BW can try and fail all they want to force people to objective PvP but if they don't want to they won't. Kids just want to deathmatch and BW is powerless to do anything about it.

Edited by RedEnsign

Imo Its built for assassins/shadows, maras/sents, (carnage/combat spec) and sniper/gunslinger.

Shadows/assassins steal pylons, mara/sents speed boosts team with the speced boost and gunslingers/sniper hold mid with a healer and some tank.:) Its a very open wz which is kinda nice, I dislike it, but I don't love it.

Would be nice if the explantion at the start would give a better overview of what to do, or when u clicked the wz que it would have a pop up that gave a summary of the wz:) Because alot of people will come in that thing clueless and stand at the green gate thinking that the start point ( I did the same thing:o)

Green gate should have arrows pointing to the sides.

I only got one out of about 15 matches tonight. Really; they need to turn up the frequency for the new WZ. I am so tired of NC; it isn't even funny any more. Seriously, had a lot of WZs where people just left as soon as they saw it wasn't the new one. It showed potential with some walls and different positions, I just need to see more of it to judge.

I did cover pulse 3 people out of the safety area at just the right time though. That was cool.

Edited by Technohic

I got 2 of them in the 3 hours or so I was playing last night. The first one I typed "never played this before, feel free to shout instructions in chat" when we started, whereupon a couple people did, and then we went on to win. The second one someone also typed in some instructions, and it looked to me like people were trying to follow them, but we were overmatched and lost.

I agree with the poster(s) that said it seems very fast. It feels like you just have time to sort of get "settled" and then the explosion goes off and everything resets. But I think I like it. I was worried it was going to be mostly a 1-v-1 deathmatch map (which I read somewhere), which I don't like (because I suck at straight up 1-v-1 fights). But it didn't feel like that to me at all (maybe because I was one of the people focused on getting and keeping the pylons?).