The Gree are back with a new reward!

CourtneyWoods

Well, I'd like to give some feed back on the current set up of the event:

*I have maxed out my rep with the Gree over the last several times it has occurred, therefore it is useless for me to do most of the quests. I come down to do the Xeno fights once a week, & that is about all. That is a bit pointless as well though; moreover, I have all the weapons & mounts I need from it. I just go down to farm the Helixs just in case you guys ever put anything new in the vendors.

*I will say that it is awesome that you guys included Arcanian (sp) & Underworld as loot drops for the Xeno fight. However, only 2 pieces of loot drop for a 16 man group -- kinda lame. Your chances of getting a piece are rather slim, & I think that the amount of loot that drops should be increased -- like in TC. Do 8 man groups also drop 2 pieces of gear?

Well, that's my 2 cents.....I'd like to see the new event tough, but kudos on bringing something to the table. Good work over all, but just needs a bit of polish to make is great -- B average.

PS: When are we going to get class story expansions?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gree event has gotten old.

Mostly its people getting pissed off with being Ganked by their own faction or while they are fighting a mob. Don't know why people bother doesn't seem to get much of a reward.

Most people have maxed rep, got what items they require and for the handful of people that want the speeder at that price BIoware would be better off sticking a very similar one in the CC market and allow people to just buy it. As it stands this feels over played and well old. Why we can't see a repeat of the plague or something new. I know bounty hunter weeks are coming but that being a monthly thing is a little different anyway its more an insentive to keep subscribing to get the bonus rep each month.

Guys i have a question about this (pretty cool) event. Bioware will remove gree's npc after the second week?

No, the NPCs have been there since the first event...they stay right where they are.

Hey BioWare video promo department. If your going to use a soundtrack that is not tailored to your video at least cross-fade the audio loop patch @10 sec.... If you don't have any1 that is able to do this I will do it for the low cost of you paying for my sub.

The same exact speeder... but a different color (first blue and now red) is not a new speeder. If I get two identical mustangs, and one of them is blue as opposed to red, the fact that the other is "red" does make it any more new. It's the same exact vehicle with a different paint job. The marketing team should be told that it's not fooling anyone.

I came back to the game after a long hiatus just as the last Gree event was ending in May, So i missed getting Rep and the helix's and the whole 9 yards. I'm glad it's back for a two week period. This way i can FINALLY get legacy weapons. Although I'm not to pleased with the fact there isnt a legacy shield or focus which I just noticed now.

I personally cannot stand the PVP missions and i don't care if people call me out for QQ and how "it's not required to go to to the PvP zone" but the constant ganking by everybody is just getting on my fracking nerves just leave me the hell alone so i can do the missions as quick as possible and get the frack outta the zone. if they allow for rep items to be obtained via these missions they should include a PVE equivalent that gives you equal rep that doesnt involve going in the PvP zone. But once i get my legacy weapons I'll not do this set of dailies again. I don't care about a car nor do i care about PvP or the titles the PvP gives you. And maybe just maybe this round i can grind enough to be legend. If not i won't worry about it

And it is my opinion I think you would have to put more emphasis on the design and variety of armor and lightsaber. I have thousands of difentes types of recommendations and I have to spend it. I mention this because it seems to be recurring in the game and if you do an event like Gree, the prize would be good to be more juicy.

ok i spoke too soon got a lot of ganking by both imperial and pubs tonight. some were just doing it because they could

There is an achievement for it, so there really aren't doing it just for ***** and giggles. Bioware is rewarding players for griefing other players now. Then again, it is a PvP zone....and I don't go anywhere near it, even in mostly conquer gear (my main is a healer) I still get my butt handed to me.

The ancient Gree starship, Gray Secant, returns to Ilum between July 23rd and August 6thbringing with it a brand new reward, the Red Sphere Transport Enclosure Vehicle!

Read More

Does this mean we will have one more day so one more chance to kill XENO on Tuesday after any maintenance that might go ahead or will it go whilst any maintenance happens??.

Edited by Mikroswitch

well like i said in another post,most of the time,players co-operated in the PVP zone and let us do the missions without bother. but the new rewards for the event,has brought out a lot of the frustrated PVP players. and allowed them to run free and fight. I suspect a lot of the groups were using armor specifically setup for PVPing so they would be even tougher to fight with a PVE armored char. i do understand that the area is marked PVP and it was my choice to enter and take my chances.I finally got to champion lvl,so I can mostly forget about this event,(i just wanted the white armor)

im a bit fed up with the gree event i saturated the dailies last time and this time just seems like a total repeat of the previous event. Why did we get the raghoul event once only i loved that one ? would be cool to see some other events repeated. The raghoul was good because of the random virus infections and npc virus scans at airports and general randomness of the event. i did like the pvp in the gree event tho that was a breath of fresh air. It just goes to show what could happen if really well thought out pvp areas were added to the game. I had a hoot in the pvp area every night this week on illum so for that i thank the devs. I just wish something like the pvp area on illum could be in game permanently. Edited by Alpha-Llama

Thank the stars - it's a last day!

Now all I have to do is to wait at least TWO weeks to use all my reputation thingys and I'll just might hit champion rank (hero now) and buy that shiny lightsaber for which I've collected helixes doing just about everything and anything possible in this event. And then I can store the rest of them - a lot of them until the next event cause they're BoP of course.

Did I mentioned reputation cap's limit is to low for such a short event?

At the start of the second week I had so many of them left, I've reached cap two hours after reset lol

And it looks whole community are legends already cause nobody is bothered with that

Cheers!

I have only been playing for almost 2 weeks now, and in love with this game I am only level 26. So to throw this in the game for level 50+ really slaps me in the face, and to hear about how you really didn't do much i'm kind of glad I can't go there and get these rewards and cool equipment because everyone is not impressed. Also in the cartel market all the armor I see in there is just terrible my armor is always better so maybe you guys can get some new armor in there that is useful. Much obliged.:rak_03:

Good luck on finding groups for Xeno and such where there are no elitists saying "you must have this much health, you, must have this rank of armor and gear". After all, the elitists need good geared people to cover up their slack.

You should make gear minimums or w/e for these sort of missions, else tell people to **** about being under geared. Under geared individuals do not cause the wipe, it's the elitists attitudes that does. Besides, they are quitters if they have to encounter any sort of mission where skill is required. Losers.

:rak_01:

Dear devs, could you just leave Xeno forever? It's so nice to have 2nd Toborro-like boss for some 66/69 gearing.

+1

Just remove the reputation and gray helix drops when the event is not active, and I see no reason this couldn't be done.

Of course, I may be biased, since I've actually won some gear drops off this guy, unlike TC, where despite running it dozens of times, I have never won a single gear drop. :rolleyes:

+1

Just remove the reputation and gray helix drops when the event is not active, and I see no reason this couldn't be done.

Of course, I may be biased, since I've actually won some gear drops off this guy, unlike TC, where despite running it dozens of times, I have never won a single gear drop. :rolleyes:

Well I haven't won a single piece of gear from Xeno, but i just enjoy this type of mini-Operations. And Tobborro's popularity clearly shows I'm not the only one.

They could have the ship with Xeno actually leave Ilum as usual, but then travel to other planets instead of disappearing from the game compeltly. Say, each week it would float over different world map (Dune Sea at Tatooine, somewhere on Hoth etc) and players would just use a teleporter booth on ground to get straight to Xeno inside the ship above. It would return to Ilum along with rest of Gree whenever Bioware feels like bringing the event back. It definitely fits the 'story' of the ship.

Edited by Pietrastor

After reading all of this, I can't believe anyone expected anything new for this event. Didn't any of you watch the video for this?

"The Gree Event returns May 21st"

BioWare couldn't even update a few seconds of video to make it seem new.

wait a minute. are you saying that the gree event will be gone for ALMOST A YEAR? ***

I have only been playing for almost 2 weeks now, and in love with this game I am only level 26. So to throw this in the game for level 50+ really slaps me in the face, and to hear about how you really didn't do much i'm kind of glad I can't go there and get these rewards and cool equipment because everyone is not impressed. Also in the cartel market all the armor I see in there is just terrible my armor is always better so maybe you guys can get some new armor in there that is useful. Much obliged.:rak_03:

Dude, are you serious? You've only been playing for two weeks man, chill out & play the game. It's a bi-monthly event & will be back in a month or two. This isn't a slap in the face...are you even paying to play the game? I've been here since launch, & I will tell you SWTOR is an amazing game. Sit back & enjoy the ride bro.