Voidstar cheating / exploit?

Desplain

Can someone please explain if the following is cheating or exploiting?

Today I've played the Voidstar WZ and had a guild premade as opponent.

When our group reached the area with the two bridges we couldn't activate them, because

killed oppenents suddenly appeard on our side again and again .

Suddenly we noticed that the premade had placed their sorcerer in the area between the bridges and

he was pulling the respawned oppents back to our side.

Didn't Bioware block such things?

By the way in another Voidstar WZ (few days ago) an assasine got pushed to our side, stunned everyone

and planted the bomb in the moment his team activated a bridge.

Can someone please explain if the following is cheating or exploiting?

Today I've played the Voidstar WZ and had a guild premade as opponent.

When our group reached the area with the two bridges we couldn't activate them, because

killed oppenents suddenly appeard on our side again and again .

Suddenly we noticed that the premade had placed their sorcerer in the area between the bridges and

he was pulling the respawned oppents back to our side.

Didn't Bioware block such things?

By the way in another Voidstar WZ (few days ago) an assasine got pushed to our side, stunned everyone

and planted the bomb in the moment his team activated a bridge.

No, it’s not cheating or an exploit. It is a ledgitmate tactic.

What BioWare blocked was people capping the other doors before the bridge was down.

Both of those are legal. The only thing bioware blocked was actually *planting* on the 2nd door before the bridges were down. Both teams can leap/teleport across the gap, given sufficient targets to leap/teleport to. And the barrier for planting the door drops right when the bridge planting finishes.

So while both situations do, admittedly, suck for your team, there's nothing wrong with either one.

I actually wish bioware had NOT blocked planting on the 2nd door while the bridge was still shut. It was, in my opinion, one possible way to out-play the team that was getting people back across. I could sometimes port, in stealth, across to someone just before they came back the other way. And then I could plant on the 2nd door while they were busy still fighting in front of the bridges. But whatever, people complained about the teleport both ways, and planting, and bioware only stopped part of it. :(

I actually wish bioware had NOT blocked planting on the 2nd door while the bridge was still shut. It was, in my opinion, one possible way to out-play the team that was getting people back across. I could sometimes port, in stealth, across to someone just before they came back the other way. And then I could plant on the 2nd door while they were busy still fighting in front of the bridges. But whatever, people complained about the teleport both ways, and planting, and bioware only stopped part of it. :(

Blame those few idiots who were exploiting it by phasing through the first door and flying over the gap and opening the 3rd door before the first was even opened. That’s why BioWare changed it. I remember reading somewhere that it was to try and stop the real cheating (not ledgitmate tactics like yours) because they implemented the change at the same time as their other anti hack measures (which now seem to be off again or are being bypast).

Blame those few idiots who were exploiting it by phasing through the first door and flying over the gap and opening the 3rd door before the first was even opened. That’s why BioWare changed it. I remember reading somewhere that it was to try and stop the real cheating (not ledgitmate tactics like yours) because they implemented the change at the same time as their other anti hack measures (which now seem to be off again or are being bypast).

I never thought that being able to teleport across was a problem, in either direction. Legitimate ports anyway. For the attacking team to get across the defenders have to have at least one person on the other side. And actually, I don't think I successfully ever planted after porting across if the defender side was actually paying any attention at all. For the defenders to port back, they have to have either an attacker present themselves, or one of their own team stand there on the edge. If it's an attacker, that's bad play on the attacker's part. If it's a defender, then an attacker can knock them off the ledge. Sure, coordinated use by the defender can make it hard to get the bridges down - but coordination by a the defending team is SUPPOSED to make it hard to advance.

In my mind this is very similar to huttball, where defenders standing at the top of the pit provided leap targets. New people fell prey to it... once. Maybe two or three times because they are not thinking about it. After that, for anyone who cared it was just no longer an issue. I didn't see a reason to disable leaps (especially since the disable is bugged, because sometimes it still works) into the EZ. And I've seen some posts recently complaining about a stealth person hiding in the EZ ready to receive a pass, and how that should be disabled. <le - sigh>

Hackers causing mechanic changes is sad. I suppose to them, that's a win. "har har, we broke their game!" Whatever, preaching to the choir I expect. :p

When ever I see people doing this, I just wait for them to do it again and just knock them off when they go to that area again. Its smart of your opponents to do this to try and stall, just gotta try and be a little smarter when they do it. If you play a shadow tank and your team has 0 kill pressure, use your pull on their healers, sorcs first if possible, near the ledges in that area and then knock them off. you dont need to do actual damage to kill people and win games, learn to use all the tools available to you. That includes using the map in this case.

I’ve actually seen people plant while both teams were in the waiting rooms waiting for the match to start, but that was many years ago. I think BioWare fixed this though because I haven’t since I returned to swtor.

I’ve also seen people plant after they died, but I also haven’t seen this since my return.

The only “bug” I have seen currently is 9-man teams. I think this has to do with someone leveling from 69 to 70 in the warzone, but don’t quote me on that because it might have been a coincidence.

I miss doing this so much on my sin.

I’ve actually seen people plant while both teams were in the waiting rooms waiting for the match to start, but that was many years ago. I think BioWare fixed this though because I haven’t since I returned to swtor.

I’ve also seen people plant after they died, but I also haven’t seen this since my return.

The only “bug” I have seen currently is 9-man teams. I think this has to do with someone leveling from 69 to 70 in the warzone, but don’t quote me on that because it might have been a coincidence.

I saw this happen 2 weeks ago. I watched a player on the other team leave the respawn and got to the first door before the match started. As soon as the gate opened, so did the first door. Then the bridge before anyone could get there.

I rage quit at that point. But I should probably have stayed to get their name to report. Not that it would do any good. BioWare do jack **** to cheats.