Why is the Esseles Model for Flashpoints unique to itself?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

we are lvl 50 and we are doing hard mode instances

they kill poeple if they don't press space

and you sit here and talk about more conversation

go and watch a movie if you like to listen conversations

This post is full of so much wrong I don't even know where to start...

Horrible design. I still like the game, but IMO every FP needs to be like Esseles/Black Talon. Am I alone in thinking this?

I really enjoyed Black Talon and Esseles, but I think if every FP was like that they would lose replay value pretty quickly.

Dialogue is great for stuff you're not going to grind for gear, but you've got to be careful how much you put in for repeatable content.

I think both models of FP are necessary, and that there definitely need to be more along the lines of Esseles/BT. It's important to have flashpoints that feel like an ~adventure~ for one crowd, and those that are more conventional and re-run friendly for other crowds.

I adored Black Talon. I thought it was incredibly well written. I wish the other FPs were half as good.

Like many here have already stated, the other instances are mechanically sound. However, I expect more than just balance from a Bioware game. Their selling point to me is storyline. The FPs that have followed have let me down in that regard. I haven't been so disappointed in a Bioware game since Obsidian got a hold of their sequels.

Don't get me wrong here. I still really enjoy the game. I like coming home after a long day of work & de-stressing with it. I would like more story driven content in the FPs.

Simply put, I want more of what I saw in Black Talon.

Black Talon was so much fun that I could not wait to try the next flashpoint. had I known the flashpoints that came after are just meant to be gear grinds I would have skipped them.

Don't feed my garbage like hammer station when you have shown that you can do so so so much better.

My advice (not that it is worth anything) Is to remake the weak flashpoints. make us care about what we are doing atleast a little beyond combat roles.

I want both the 'story heavy' flash points and the more traditional versions. That way you know what you're getting. If you want a cool experience once or twice, you got the story ones... You don't have a lot of time or just want to run a FP multiple times, you got the regular type.

hi i am what you call a "ex-general beta tester" you know all those converstions? I've seen THEM ALL MULTIPLE TIMES over the course of the last 4 or 5 months, so excuse me if I decide to skip them.

also, all 6 of those dropship flashpoints were added within 3 months before the game launched, they were made as bioware realized that people werent happy with the number of flashpoints in the game at the time (black talon, esseles, boarding party, taral v, foundry, maelstrom, directive7, battle for ilum, false emperor). In true EA fashion, a whopping SIX flashpoints were added staggeredly over the course of 2 months before launch. None of which had any real meaningful story and are meerely flashpoint filler that didnt have enough time to be made to the quality as previous flashpoints

the end

This is also the same reason why they're having to expand the 2nd operation they added, next month

Well I guess that makes sense, lets hope that if they listened to the comunity and added more fp they'll listen again and make them better. But I wished that they modified the order of the fp so that we dont get a bunch of boring ones together. IMO all the fp should have story since its what sets them appart, and I dont mind them being long if it has a story. If I want to kill elite mobs with little story involved ill repeat the heroic 4 quests .

lol

we are lvl 50 and we are doing hard mode instances

they kill poeple if they don't press space

I kill people who ask for skipped convos, and specifically go out of my way to take the maximum time possible if I get grouped with such players.

Please do not run across me in-game, ever, you're playing the game wrong or you're playing the wrong game. Either way, go back to WoW.