tatooine baloon ride

hallucigenocide

so i was going to get the blue matrix shard but the damn baloon is bugged.. it resets before it gets to the sand crawler and ends up back at the datacrons again..

A year and a half after launch and this is still broken. I find that fact both ridiculous and laughable.

• Dev Post

Hello there folks,

There were a couple of bugs with the Jawa Balloon in the past. However, Game Update 1.2 in April of last year fixed what the OP describing (which is that the balloon could disappear randomly sometimes). There was another bug that persisted until Game Update 1.4 in September of last year that would cause players who used a persistent emote (such as /sit) to be teleported back to the beginning of the balloon ride.

Since then, though, this is the first thread I've seen of this nature. We'll be keeping and eye on this thread in case it's somehow rebroken, so if anyone else experiences problems with the Jawa Balloon on Tatooine, please post the details here (and don't forget to /bug!) so we can investigate further.

Thanks for the report!

Hello there folks,

There were a couple of bugs with the Jawa Balloon in the past. However, Game Update 1.2 in April of last year fixed what the OP describing (which is that the balloon could disappear randomly sometimes). There was another bug that persisted until Game Update 1.4 in September of last year that would cause players who used a persistent emote (such as /sit) to be teleported back to the beginning of the balloon ride.

Since then, though, this is the first thread I've seen of this nature. We'll be keeping and eye on this thread in case it's somehow rebroken, so if anyone else experiences problems with the Jawa Balloon on Tatooine, please post the details here (and don't forget to /bug!) so we can investigate further.

Thanks for the report!

Obviously you don't play your own game. I have heard plenty of people experience bugs with the balloon still. People falling right through it, the balloon resetting, etc. Why not make the ride 2 min long and save us ALL the trouble heh? The 15 min long ride was and is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in an MMO.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I've seen this happen more than once when visiting Tatooine at various points this year as well as hearing folks complain in chat about the balloon vanishing or ejecting riders. Rather surprised you guys didn't know about it, the playerbase is well aware of it.

• Dev Post

Hi there,

To clarify my post above: I've certainly heard anecdotes of this nature while running through missions on Tatooine myself. Also, I know there's a chance I've missed this being made into a thread before. Nonetheless, it's the first thread I've seen in the Bug Report Forum where a player is specifically calling it out as an issue for them.

That being said, something that will greatly assist in being able to fix outlying instances of something like this will be to gather as many specific details about it as possible when it happens so that we can pass that along to the fixers of bugs.

Some things to consider:

How far into the ride were you?

What time was it? (So we can look into things like how many instances of Tatooine there were, etc.)

What were you doing at the time? (Were you using emotes, holostatues, Toys, attempting to Duel, etc?)

How many others were with you on the ride?

Were you in a group?

Were you in a queue for Group Finder or a Warzone?

Did the balloon disappear or was your character's location changed?

:ph_thank_you:

/bug

I had the balloon teleport bug happen to me a couple of days ago. I went to Tatooine for the sole purpose of acquiring the blue matrix shard, was waiting at the first sand crawler for about 25 to 30 minutes when the balloon that was almost within reach of the crawler just disappeared. At that point a conversation started up in chat, and somebody chimed in by saying that the balloon had just appeared at the second crawler. This all happened on Thursday, 7/11 at approximately 11 am central time.

Hi there,

To clarify my post above: I've certainly heard anecdotes of this nature while running through missions on Tatooine myself. Also, I know there's a chance I've missed this being made into a thread before. Nonetheless, it's the first thread I've seen in the Bug Report Forum where a player is specifically calling it out as an issue for them.

That being said, something that will greatly assist in being able to fix outlying instances of something like this will be to gather as many specific details about it as possible when it happens so that we can pass that along to the fixers of bugs.

Some things to consider:

How far into the ride were you?

What time was it? (So we can look into things like how many instances of Tatooine there were, etc.)

What were you doing at the time? (Were you using emotes, holostatues, Toys, attempting to Duel, etc?)

How many others were with you on the ride?

Were you in a group?

Were you in a queue for Group Finder or a Warzone?

Did the balloon disappear or was your character's location changed?

:ph_thank_you:

Really... This has been an ongoing intermittant problem since launch and I know 100% that there have been in game bug reports on it.

wow..

The time I can remember it...

How far into the ride were you? - Just within sight of the target sandcrawler

What time was it? (So we can look into things like how many instances of Tatooine there were, etc.) 5pm or so, one

What were you doing at the time? (Were you using emotes, holostatues, Toys, attempting to Duel, etc?) standing

How many others were with you on the ride? 4 or 5

Were you in a group? No

Were you in a queue for Group Finder or a Warzone? No

The balloon de-spawned and dropped everyone to the ground. By the time I got back to the start, I had to wait for it to make a full circuit again to get on.

Edited by Jawstheshark

The baloon bug allways happens realy close to the destination (the crawler). But if you take the baloon two times in a row without zoning out of the tattoineinstance the baloon will never de-spawn the second time you ride it.

This is the only known fix that will for sertain take you to the datacron that I know of and it works for everyone that I have talked too. Since it is a long ride, the first time most people feels so angry that the dont try it twice in a row. Most people give up on this datacron.

A 2 min ride or someting would be enough, and a bug wouldnt feel so aggrivating if the ride was shorter.

A year and a half after launch and this is still broken. I find that fact both ridiculous and laughable.

Technically, this bug has been here ever since the game was released on first day of early access, but all the people that have been there since day 1 have known about the work-around to attain the 2 datacrons on the sandcrawler.

First, there appears to be 2 balloons, one that is bugged, and one that is NOT bugged, both moving in their elliptical orbit. The full round trip ride is 40 minutes, but to get from starting point to the sandcrawler should only be 20 minutes.

Second, while you are aboard the balloon...

* Dismiss your companion.

* Do NOT use any emotes.

* Do NOT craft anything.

* Move around a bit-do NOT allow yourself to go AFK.

If the balloon gets within sight of the sandcrawler and drops you to the ground. Don't get upset. It happens. We have all gone through this. The tricks to attaining the datacrons can be reached without using the balloon.

Tricks and how to get the datacrons (this can be through grouping with others or dueling).

* Duel: Have a knight or trooper use force push/concussion to blow you up to the top.

* If you are a knight and someone is up top, duel them and force jump to them.

* If you are a sage / vanguard and up on top, use rescue (force pull) / harpoon to pull others up to you.

These are only some examples, and both factions have used the same techniques to attain the datacrons.

Hope this helps, and may the force be with you.

i can confirm that. when i was leveling my a sorc 6 months ago or so, i was waiting for the balloon with a irl friend, and when the balloon was near, it just *********** disappeared. irl friend saw the same thing and we were like what the ****. i know it was morning. this happened on tofn. i read all patch notes, and the balloon hasnt been in any of them since them, thus making it stll broken. Edited by MocniSkopac
for fun

• 7 months later...
Yeah, still on going. The baloon vanished right before I was supposed to hop on it. I had been waiting on hour for it to cycle through. While getting ganked multiple times by a 55 Pyro pos. Fck you and fck this game sometimes. Ive been complaining about this since launch. The excuses never end with this bug. Just admit it .. its beyond your brain power to fix. So its working as intended.

• 5 months later...
I had this problem once last week, and again today. I waited with two others for the balloon to arrive, and while it was about 1 or 2 minutes away, it despawned. There was no shadow visible. I waited around a while (not another full interval) but did not see the balloon again.

• 5 months later...
once again the bug has not been fixed, i was just standing here at the spot waiting for the jawa balloon to get here, im going to guess about maybe 2 minutes before it got to the spot it disappeared. . . im going to keep waiting for it to further report any more bugs with this if i see any

• 1 month later...

Bug is still here and going strong. Last 2 days on 2 different characters the balloon despawned just before arriving at the hop-on point.

And no, it's not a constant, both characters have their datacrons on runs a couple of hours later. (Did not wait for the balloon to re-appear, but went away and tried later.)

• 3 months later...
Here it is 2015, and they still haven't fixed this bug. I first played SWtOR when it first came out, and this bug was a hot topic...you'd think that after all this time they would assign someone who actually knew how to code to fix this. Edited by DeadlyDa

I've made the balloon ride at least 30 times now (hey! don't judge me! <.<) since early 2013 and it has disappeared on me once. It's an issue, but I don't believe I am so lucky that this is entirely against all odds. If it's a relatively uncommon issue (the times it happens per total times, even with 'my odds' it might be disappearing more than once a day) then it could be rather problematic to track.

I realize, as I type this, that I'm not entirely sure what my point is, or if I even had one.. oh well.