Galactic Living: Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace Video

TaitWatson

Very nice, although I feel like we already had a fair sense of what the Sky Palace was going to be like even before this.

I know it makes sense to pace the rate at which you release promotional bits for the new expansion, especially now that it's been pushed out a bit, but I'm really curious about what the DK Stronghold is going to look like. That's the only one I really have no sense of. [/beingimpatient] :p

Edited by DarthDymond

Starting here...

All I could hear was CM to be honest. Will wait and see I guess.

People hear what they want to hear. They've already announced that we'll be able to add stuff to strongholds through a combination of CM, in-game rewards, rep vendors, etc. The room unlocks have a credit cost tied to them.

Might be tired and reading too much into it, but did that just say something akin to 'this is the dual faction planet for strongholds' implying either it was recorded before Tatooine was added to the release or the homesteads may be in the faction cities.

Also kind of disheartened if the future of Strongholds and guildships seems to still appear as some huge structure from the outside but then if bought at the most basic level might be tiny on the inside. I get that as a subscriber for may 4th we get the basic +5 rooms, so the video is probably accurate to the scope of what we will get but when we own little one rooms of Coruscant and enter it through what appears are the doors of a mansion, or the basic guild ship is a large hall and transport deck, the only rooms in our Harbinger class destroyer, it risks a disconnect.

Might be tired and reading too much into it, but did that just say something akin to 'this is the dual faction planet for strongholds' implying either it was recorded before Tatooine was added to the release or the homesteads may be in the faction cities.

Also kind of disheartened if the future of Strongholds and guildships seems to still appear as some huge structure from the outside but then if bought at the most basic level might be tiny on the inside. I get that as a subscriber for may 4th we get the basic +5 rooms, so the video is probably accurate to the scope of what we will get but when we own little one rooms of Coruscant and enter it through what appears are the doors of a mansion, or the basic guild ship is a large hall and transport deck, the only rooms in our Harbinger class destroyer, it risks a disconnect.

You are reading way too far into it. Don't sweat it.

What I want to know is so we get one for each character or one shared through the legacy?

Seems to me that they already answered that one...

Strongholds are Legacy wide, not character specific :rak_01:

-eric

Edited by PLynkes

Probably it was recorded, or the text was written, before Tatooine was announced.

More amusingly I swear he said "Nar Shaddaa, known as the smoker's moon..."

Seems to me that they already answered that one...

Not to the fullest. There's two possibilities here. Let's go over them.

Option 1: You unlock the Nar Shaddaa through your Legacy with credits or cartel coins. Now every character in my Legacy can open their own Stronghold on Nar Shaddaa that each character can customize as they see fit, with decorations that can be claimed (like collections) that are also unlocked Legacy wide. This way, my Bounty Hunter can make a bar/club out of it, yet my agent's stronghold can be totally different, more like a secret base.

Option two: You unlock the Nar Shaddaa through your Legacy with credits or cartel coins. You can then decorate it with items, trophies and furniture that you unlock Legacy wide. However, you can only do this ONCE. So each character from your Legacy will walk into the same Nar Shaddaa palace, as you, the player, decorated it, regardless of class. This holds true for every stronghold that you, the player, unlock. They're a shared instance that can be decorated once but will be accessible to all characters on your Legacy.

Option 1 is what I hope. Option 2 is what I dread.

I think you need to prepare yourself for disappointment then.

'Legacy wide, not character specific' seems pretty clear to me. If you can see ambiguity in those words I fear it is entirely the product of wishful thinking.

Edited by PLynkes

Watch the first episode of our Galactic Living series and discover what it means to live on top of the world in your own Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, coming in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Expansion, Galactic Strongholds!

Watch Now

Bigger question: CAN WE ACTUALLY SIT, LAY, AND INTERACT WITH THE FURNITURE/DECORATIONS?

Very nice, although I feel like we already had a fair sense of what the Sky Palace was going to be like even before this.

I know it makes sense to pace the rate at which you release promotional bits for the new expansion, especially now that it's been pushed out a bit, but I'm really curious about what the DK Stronghold is going to look like. That's the only one I really have no sense of. [/beingimpatient] :p

So can we dock our ships in it for safe keeping or will this palace replace our ships?

Ridiculous video with no more information then we already know, and stupid shirt, I HATE EA, pity Bioware is owned by them. No wonder they are rated one of the top worst companies recently for customer service and to work for.

I think you need to prepare yourself for disappointment then.

'Legacy wide, not character specific' seems pretty clear to me. If you can see ambiguity in those words I fear it is entirely the product of wishful thinking.

I'm not agreeing, as of yet. Character specific can also mean the decorations. If I defeat the Dread Masters on my main all characters in my legacy can use the resulting trophy. That's legacy wide, not character specific. It was never said, specifically, that Strongholds could NOT be individualised per character... just that they were legacy wide. Like a Legacy wide character perk to unlock. If you have a quote that's more specific, I'd like to see it.