Third class choice

gapcraft

So I was thinking about the different class roles dps, tank, and healer but maybe... Their should be a third class choice for all the classes for example the inquisitor and the consular class could be designed for CC crowd control keeping the workload for others down and all around buffs to weaken enemy's and help players... and maybe for classes like the smuggler and the imperial agent a class designed for a distraction keeping all of the pesky enemy's that aren't important out of the way for the tanks,dps,healers to get through losing minimal med-packs and stimulants on fighting everyone who might get in the way. currently im thinking of a third class for the bounty hunter, trooper Jedi knight, and the sith warrior ideas would be awesome and thank you for reading this good day. Oh and hope to see you online fellow light side friends!

It works in some games because those games are designed around it. SWTOR is not. Adding another role would unbalance PvE:

- if BW does nothing to mob difficulty then having that additional role in the group makes content that much easier

- if BW increases mob difficulty then not having that additional role in the group makes content that much harder.

Lastly, if your suggestion is an attempt to reduce the number of DPS in GF queues, it would not change a thing, in fact it would make forming groups even more difficult because there would another short-handed role to have to fill. The problem is that most players do not want the responsibility of leading and/or keeping a group alive. DPS is also the best solo role.

Edited by psandak

I'm not saying the cc or the distraction stile class has to focus around that concept but like a tree that more enhances the cc abilities and also have another skill tree that would do other things to make a more pve able class such as buffs that multiply damage or weaken enemy... Any way this is just an idea I was more just giving an example for a third class choice... thank you for your feedback hope you will keep commenting on this thread good day...

I'm not saying the cc or the distraction stile class has to focus around that concept but like a tree that more enhances the cc abilities and also have another skill tree that would do other things to make a more pve able class such as buffs that multiply damage or weaken enemy... Any way this is just an idea I was more just giving an example for a third class choice... thank you for your feedback hope you will keep commenting on this thread good day...
oh and also the healer is usually already leading the group aspect in keeping people alive so... it would just be adding more roles for more importance.