The lightspring

CampusJedi

during the quest "The lightspring" wherein you will fight diago hixan, I saw a workaround there, try killing the female sith first then kill diago hixan. but you need to do it without a companion, because if your companion dies, it will make him invulnerable.

Im not sure what, but I think they nerfed this quest. I just did it for the second time (different Smuggler) and the fight was ridiculously easy this time. I remember on the first round they were both "Gold" I died at least 2-3 times, now only Diago is a Gold and Zare is a Silver...

Seriously? This was such a fun fight. Now it's way too easy..

Im not sure what, but I think they nerfed this quest. I just did it for the second time (different Smuggler) and the fight was ridiculously easy this time. I remember on the first round they were both "Gold" I died at least 2-3 times, now only Diago is a Gold and Zare is a Silver...

It was easy with them both gold. Just kill Diago and the let the Jedi tank the Sith and it's GG.

when I do this quest, I do the other way around, I kill the sith lady first then I let the lady jedi tank hixan, then spam him with grenades and charged shot. after few minutes he was dead. i didn't summon corso to finished it,

that's true.

Hixan is a healer. You would have to be stupendously epicly geared to be able to take down the sith before hixan. The jedi will not attack hixan except for the initial stun and you would have to get the sith down before hixan's stun wears off never mind survive the sith. It really doesn't matter if you almost killed before the sith because once diago comes, he heals the sith to nearly full and its practically game over.

Now stop trolling these forums. There is already the proper strategy to fighting these guys and we don't need this trash to misinform people.

If by fun you mean slamming your head against a wall for four hours because of a horrible designed fight, then you must be a sucker for pain, I hated this quest and am so glad to hear it got nerfed.

Hixan is a healer. You would have to be stupendously epicly geared to be able to take down the sith before hixan. The jedi will not attack hixan except for the initial stun and you would have to get the sith down before hixan's stun wears off never mind survive the sith. It really doesn't matter if you almost killed before the sith because once diago comes, he heals the sith to nearly full and its practically game over.

Now stop trolling these forums. There is already the proper strategy to fighting these guys and we don't need this trash to misinform people.

Chill out dude. When I went through this I killed the sith chick first. Diago was pleasantly CC'd until it was his turn to die. It doesn't really take any special strategy other than don't hit the CC'd mob. A simple concept everyone should know for any kind of group content anyways.

I found this very frustrating. I was trying this pre companion skill patch where they would keep reenabling skills you didn't want (DAM YOU CORSO!). I finally just the other day got around to going back to my smuggler and taking out Diago. I did die once but I used it to my advantage. If you die once move to the back wall to the west (I think). basicly get out of combat range. If Diago is still around have corso just get in range to pull him and go to town on him. Let the sith and jedi duke it out (the jedi actually held of both while I recovered from death).

essentially GET AWAY FROM THE SITH. She seems to enjoy owning my companions.

I had no problems with this quest... I actually beat it twice just to see what the rewards were for both on my Gunslinger. Is this some sort of Scoundrel specific issue? Honestly I don't get it because it's clearly nerfed now that whoever you side with will CC Diago, meaning it's 3 of you on the 1 left.

• 2 weeks later...

Still is bugged in my opinion - went in there and managed to off the sith no prob. Hixan offs Corso, and I think that I should have no problem taking Hixan down without Corso. After all I have a Jedi along with.

The problem is Hixan becomes immortal. My interrupts don't help the Jedi take him down. Fighting him directly doesn't work because he just heals up again. When I put in my ticket 2 days ago to the devs, I had sat and watched the Jedi and Hixan fight themselves to a standstill FOR FIFTEEN FRIKKIN' MINUTES. Yesterday night, I logged in again as my smuggler and THEY WERE STILL FIGHTING!

Hoping the devs will have an answer for me tonight when I log in.

Still is bugged in my opinion - went in there and managed to off the sith no prob. Hixan offs Corso, and I think that I should have no problem taking Hixan down without Corso. After all I have a Jedi along with.

The problem is Hixan becomes immortal. My interrupts don't help the Jedi take him down. Fighting him directly doesn't work because he just heals up again. When I put in my ticket 2 days ago to the devs, I had sat and watched the Jedi and Hixan fight themselves to a standstill FOR FIFTEEN FRIKKIN' MINUTES. Yesterday night, I logged in again as my smuggler and THEY WERE STILL FIGHTING!

Hoping the devs will have an answer for me tonight when I log in.

This may be a given, but can you interrupt the heals?

I did this with Bowdaar, and had no problems whatsoever. He didn't even die.

(mind you, he was quite nicely geared, and I slightly overleveled the area)

This may be a given, but can you interrupt the heals?

I did this with Bowdaar, and had no problems whatsoever. He didn't even die.

(mind you, he was quite nicely geared, and I slightly overleveled the area)

Maybe it's a matter of timing - are you saying I must make sure to interrupt exactly when he pushes the button?

FINALLY broke through this. I guess the lessons to take away from this are:

1) If possible do it the right way and drop Hixan first, then worry about the Sith.

2) If you do it the wrong way like I did, have Bowdarr ready as companion. Get in a few damages to Hixan, then concentrate on healing Bowdarr/interrupting Hixan, letting the Jedi and Bowdarr bring down the HP. Try to keep Bowdarr alive as long as possible (he'll die eventually). When he dies, Hixan will hopefully have about 1/6 of his top HP, and you and the Jedi, can slowly take him from there, using interrupts as much as possible.

Last thing - don't forget to take the damn computer you were sent there for in the first place before you leave! It's off in the alcove to the side, near where this fight takes place.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if there is a bug in this quest, but I've tried all of the above, and I still cannot kill Diago. I even logged off last night and logged back in today, and when I went back, the Jedi still was fighting Diago. Any suggestions? Should I abandon and start over, as it appears that I'm not really going to get anywhere. Thanks!

I have encountered this 'bug' today and it has left me competley turned off a game I could not stop playing for the last three weeks straight. While Customer Service DID speak to me in time in Real Time after I lodged a second complaint, I found losing out a fair amount of saved credits and repairing gear for a bug that has previous history has left me on the off swtich for a few days here. I can see that a few have gotten through with no problems, but just wanted to vent my spleen as I felt it pretty unfair that I now am waaay behind for Speeder pilot cash after spending up on Stims and repairs....:mad:

About a thousand credits in repairs, a few deaths, a bit of web searching, and an hour of frustration or so later, I was able to kill the bastard with my main while the sith went down immediately, and the gangsta seemed to be immortal.

I got behind him, within 10, and spammed as much damage and interrupts as I could, no thanks to hippie boy. Dirty Kick, Flash Grenade, and especially Distract every time I saw a heal come up and it was ready. I kept my energy up with Cool Head and Pugnacity, and I'm set up for bleeds, so that might have helped, but once I figured everything out, it still took the better part of an hour to take the SOB down by TINY INCREMENTS.

Honestly, I do fail to suck, but my machine does -- I run on a 2006 laptop. For its era, it's a nice 2006 nvidia devoted memory to the chip laptop -- but.

I wonder if such a thing as machine latency can make a difference in a battle like this? (no friends I do not PVP, heh...).

I did this without much effort at all with Bowdaar in DPS stance. The guy hits like a truck and is cheap to gear. Just remember that his unique gear from quests come with WAY too much END on which means he lacks damage and threat generation at times.

Basically I did it like this:

1) Go into cover by the bridge, send Bowdaar in in DPS mode with taunts off, letting the Jedi tank both bosses.

2) Standard DPS boss DPS priorities (In order of priority it goes: Flourish Shot (if armour debuff is down) > Quick Draw > Aimed Shot with proc > Trick Shot > Sabo Charge > Aimed Shot without proc > Vital Shot (if you're about to cap on energy) > Charged Burst > Frag Grenade > Quick Shot > Flurry of Bolts) for the level on Diago. Interupt heals as nessecary as it makes taking down the Sith faster.

3) Pop Ante In to give Bowdaar some health back and to refresh the CD on Cool Head when he goes down.

4) Go all out on the Sith.

Honestly it's laughably easy even without a complanion given that the Jedi has a ridiculous amount of HP and heals and all of the worst things the Sith can do are point blank AoE attacks. If you get hit by those then what the hell are you doing in melee range anyway? I can see it being tricky for a Scrapper Scoundrel but this is the Gunslinger forum, Gunslingers don't belong in melee unless something went badly wrong on your end.

Edited by IronFirewind