Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)

TrinityLyre

I think i spelled name wrong... oh well we will see later :p

Edit: I meant Pincer lol I am dumb mixed up pincer and sanic for some reason.

Added. :)

As a side note, I've been playing both builds I listed for the new strike fighter and scout and finding them very fun to play. The scout seems to offer some great utility for domination maps (especially Denon with its extremely far starting points) with Tensor Field while still retaining some killing power through LLC with Frequency Capacitor. All its secondary options feel terrible, though.

The strike is a great mobile support and utility platform with excellent medium-range killing power (Quads), though these lasers do not synergize well at all with the missile options (why do all the secondaries on these ships suck?). Thermite is very fun to use, however! :D I have a variant of the Clarion on the other faction that definitely changes the gameplay and offensive power of the ship, I'll list it soon. I'm hoping people have come up with interesting alternatives to the new ships.

Last comment: Screw you, Power Dive! :rolleyes:

Edited by TrinityLyre

Added. :)

As a side note, I've been playing both builds I listed for the new strike fighter and scout and finding them very fun to play. The scout seems to offer some great utility for domination maps (especially Denon with its extremely far starting points) with Tensor Field while still retaining some killing power through LLC with Frequency Capacitor. All its secondary options feel terrible, though.

The strike is a great mobile support and utility platform with excellent medium-range killing power (Quads), though these lasers do not synergize well at all with the missile options (why do all the secondaries on these ships suck?). Thermite is very fun to use, however! :D I have a variant of the Clarion on the other faction that definitely changes the gameplay and offensive power of the ship, I'll list it soon. I'm hoping people have come up with interesting alternatives to the new ships.

Oh i have figured out how to find out where power dive sends you every time so i know where it goes now.... also I might post a new Pike build with the changes after more testing.

Is there any way to know who needs your healing and shield refiling? Because atm I just fly around and guessing "oh you may need heal" "oh, you are chased" :D

Only for premades with TS. For PUGs the new ships are largely useless.

I will say that I think HLC would've synergized much better with the missile options than RFL/LLC. Especially with thermites and their shield pierce effect after a hit. I have found running a co-pilot with bypass works out very well to increase the amount of shield pierce you have against tough targets.

Thanks to the engine nerfs long lock on time missiles are actually fairly viable against targets other than bombers now. I was kinda worried that thermites/protons would be useless due to too easily being evaded.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

Just a quick note: since the devs have confirmed that damage scales linearly with range, even across breakpoints, I've been using range capacitor.

Range capacitor increases your range from x to 1.1x. This means that at any given range with range capacitors, your damage is calculated as though you were at range x/1.1 and had no capacitor at all. This comes out to slightly more than a 9% damage boost, which is definitely comparable to damage capacitor while providing extra utility. Notably, for scouts, this gives you an option to handle seeker mines without resorting to quad lasers.

I've edited this into the post on flashfire components, but I figured I'd give people a heads up.

Oh i have figured out how to find out where power dive sends you every time so i know where it goes now.... also I might post a new Pike build with the changes after more testing.

Sweet. I still hate Power Dive! I'm excited to see what else you've come up with on the Pike/Quell, as I haven't had much time with it since 2.7 launched.

Is there any way to know who needs your healing and shield refiling? Because atm I just fly around and guessing "oh you may need heal" "oh, you are chased" :D

Go ammo refilling! That being said, there isn't a way to easily see what a friendly target's health is at. I use something along these lines:

• Is there a friendly running Charged Plating (pretty obvious visual) and near the battle area? They probably could use heals.
  • When you tab spam through targets, are one or two names coming up as friendly targets frequently in your targeting computer? They could probably use heals (and/or Tensor Field, which I realize the new strike fighter does not have).
  • Is the friendly leaving a trail of smoke and flame? Heal plx!
  • Is there a bunch of allies within fairly close proximity of each other? Go in and toss some Repair Probes. At the very least you'll be providing them with a bunch of free ammo. I do love my free ammo. Nomnom.
  • Mention that you'll bring an ally heals upon request at the start of a battle. Does communication ever hurt (unless you're working at a customer service counter, in which case I offer you my sympathy)?

And that's only some off the top of my head. You can see how much you've healed at the end of a battle so you can get some idea of how effective the ability is. That isn't even counting ammunition replenishment (please, please, please, on behalf of those of us who slay a great number of players: give us more ammunition!).

Only for premades with TS. For PUGs the new ships are largely useless.

I disagree. Even a PUG can coordinate and utilize these abilities effectively, it all depends on who you're matched up with. It obviously benefits those on voice comm far more, but it isn't useless in a PUG environment.

I will say that I think HLC would've synergized much better with the missile options than RFL/LLC. Especially with thermites and their shield pierce effect after a hit. I have found running a co-pilot with bypass works out very well to increase the amount of shield pierce you have against tough targets.

Totally agree. I don't mind using Quad Laser Cannons, but I do love Heavy Lasers. Armor piercing, shield piercing, extended range... *Homer Simpson drool*... wait, where was I? Oh, right, Bypass is still a good copilot ability, especially when you can use it with other shield piercing effects (as you mentioned).

Thanks to the engine nerfs long lock on time missiles are actually fairly viable against targets other than bombers now. I was kinda worried that thermites/protons would be useless due to too easily being evaded.

I think Proton Torpedoes are starting to feel a bit overshadowed by the mighty Thermite Torpedoes now. It's a good thing they're not a choice on the Pike/Quell because I'd be sorely tempted to try them there. I'm finding I can lock on and land a lot more heavy missiles and torpedoes thanks to the engine nerfs, though I feel the Barrel Roll nerf was slightly overdone. Strike fighter mobility (specifically, the Pike/Quell, since I run Retro Thrusters on my Star Guard/Rycer) has dropped a tremendous amount.

This comes out to slightly more than a 9% damage boost, which is definitely comparable to damage capacitor while providing extra utility.

What kind of math are you using to justify this? The general concept seems correct right up until you come out with that 9% number. I have no idea how you came to 9%. That seems absurdly high and if those figures are accurate, the increased range more than compensates for the 1% damage loss of Damage Capacitor, making DC feel like garbage.

Notably, for scouts, this gives you an option to handle seeker mines without resorting to quad lasers.

I can't argue that it doesn't make it easier, but you could always use Distortion Field/Retro Thrusters to disable Seeker Mines. I mean, you are blessed with two missile breaks. The other (deadlier) mines are 3500m detonation radius or smaller, so you'd be able to plink them off with BLC. In either situation, I typically try and coordinate busting minefields with friendlies who are better equipped to deal with the threat. Clear the mines and the Flashfire/Sting will tear the bomber apart in seconds.

What kind of math are you using to justify this? The general concept seems correct right up until you come out with that 9% number. I have no idea how you came to 9%. That seems absurdly high and if those figures are accurate, the increased range more than compensates for the 1% damage loss of Damage Capacitor, making DC feel like garbage.

Its bonus is actually impossible to predict. It depends on the weapon, the range you're standing, the angle you're firing at, ennemy evasion... but it's probably not that impossible to attain +9% in power.

Examples :

- BLC has its DPS and accuracy increasing drastically under 3000m. So, if you're standing at these 3000m or at 2500m, the damage bonus induced by Range capacitor is probably formidable.

- On the contrary, if you take HLC, the accuracy and damage as very little variation... so the damage increase the capacitor will give is probably much less noticable. But in the other hand, the more the weapon has range, the more range capacitor will give extra range, so...

Edited by Altheran

Just a quick note: since the devs have confirmed that damage scales linearly with range, even across breakpoints, I've been using range capacitor.

Range capacitor increases your range from x to 1.1x. This means that at any given range with range capacitors, your damage is calculated as though you were at range x/1.1 and had no capacitor at all. This comes out to slightly more than a 9% damage boost, which is definitely comparable to damage capacitor while providing extra utility. Notably, for scouts, this gives you an option to handle seeker mines without resorting to quad lasers.

I've edited this into the post on flashfire components, but I figured I'd give people a heads up.

I already corrected you on this; stop repeating it elsewhere. A 10% range boost is not a 9% damage boost, it's closer to 1-2%.

As I showed in the other thread:

For example, consider LLC at 2000m (ignore talents for simplicity). It does 975 dps at 500m and 770dps at 3000m. At 2000m this works out to 852dps.

Buff range by 10% and those threshholds become 550m and 3300m. Now at 2000m you do 867dps, an increase of 1.75%.

The true dps buff is slighty more than 1.75%, because accuracy is also buffed, but that increase is also small: 1.455 percentage points.

Don't try to theorycraft if you can't get the basic math right.

Edited by Kuciwalker

I disagree. Even a PUG can coordinate and utilize these abilities effectively, it all depends on who you're matched up with. It obviously benefits those on voice comm far more, but it isn't useless in a PUG environment.

Well, take a closer look:

I can take only 5 ships and must choose a combination that is as meaningful.

For Domination are set fixed for me:

Blackbolt (Max Speed​​, Quick Charge, EMP, Sabotage Probe, Barell Roll)

- At the beginning satellite capture and hold

Razorwire (such as from your guide, except Charged Plating)

- Capture and hold satellite

Furthermore, set:

Mangler (Ion railgun, slug railgun)

- Jack of all trades

There are two remaining only for TDM. Sting, Quell or even Dustmaker are certainly better than Empire and Bloodmark for TDM as a pug, I think.

(translated by Google, sorry for errors)

Edited by Magira

I already corrected you on this; stop repeating it elsewhere.

If you took your hand off your head for a moment, you might consider that I missed that post.

Thanks for the correction, though that's not how I understood Chris to have explained how it works.

Edited by Armonddd

Not everyone on your team needs every ship.

For Domination are set fixed for me:

Blackbolt (Max Speed​​, Quick Charge, EMP, Sabotage Probe, Barell Roll)

- At the beginning satellite capture and hold

This right here is by no means mandatory, and if you bring a bloodmark, the rest of your team can get there even faster. In fact, if you are on a bloodmark and anyone else on a blackbolt, they will get to the node MUCH faster than if you were on a black bolt and so is he.

Many ships are nice, but you don't need a fixed set.

Its bonus is actually impossible to predict. It depends on the weapon, the range you're standing, the angle you're firing at, ennemy evasion... but it's probably not that impossible to attain +9% in power.

I'm going to run with this on a few ships for a while to see how it feels. I haven't really ever felt the need for Range Capacitor but I'm willing to give it a run on a few of my ships to see if it introduces anything new (and useful) to gameplay.

If you're going for sheer power I suppose, but I think all the ships you listed and the Bloodmark offer something unique and interesting to TDM. Get your team to PowerUps faster. Decide the general battle area. Rescue teammates and close in on gunships, etc.

In Domination, it seems that if you're not running a bomber (or getting the bombers to nodes faster) you're probably doing something wrong. I don't like the idea myself, but at least it's a far cry from the old days of battle scouts flying circles around nodes with BLC trying to hunt each other down. I think it's generally agreed that bombers tie down and decide Domination matches (especially the minelayer variant). Every other ship choice seems ancillary, and Bloodmarks definitely qualify here just as much as a Sting or Blackbolt would.

If you're going for sheer power I suppose, but I think all the ships you listed and the Bloodmark offer something unique and interesting to TDM...

Not in the optimized version of me for Domination. I would like a second Blackbolt with targeting Telemetry and Rocket Pods for TDM. Unfortunately no chance. For this, the Sting has to serve. The unfortunately, the S2E Converter is missing.

But yes, it is true: The new ships have their strengths and can be quite useful. I had probably not looked at closely enough.

Today I am flown with the Imperium and was quite impressed. It may be that he gets a firm favorite with me.

Edited by Magira

I'm playing new scout mostly in domination and I get to satelite usualy first, while caping it and holding it entire match if my support is here. Hell, I'm not even dying on him, if under too much pressure I just space the hell out :D I even attack enemys satelite just to draw them out for fun. It isnt bomber, but it can be really good if played corectly.

New striker is beast on other hand. Esp with reduced rolls, missles are great now + quads and self heals. I top damage charts with him in most TDM matches, over 50k in each, and that is with 0 weapon upgrades bought (buying armor/shield/repair first).

I'm going to run with this on a few ships for a while to see how it feels. I haven't really ever felt the need for Range Capacitor but I'm willing to give it a run on a few of my ships to see if it introduces anything new (and useful) to gameplay.

Actually, I did a bit of maths, and at 3 000m without accounting enemy evasion (neither pinpointing) and without any tracking penalty (I know there are many conditions), BLC's improvement is worth 9.4% by adding both raw power gain and accuracy gain (+5.4% guaranteed).

Open spoiler for the math

BLC's damage profile is :

- 933 (115%) @ 500m

- 625 (85%) @ 3000m

After adding range capacitor, it becomes :

- 933 (115%) @ 550m

- 625 (85%) @ 3300m

So the damage and accuracy at a given range between 550m and 3300m (assuming a linear evolution) become :

damage = 625 * (range-550)/(3300-550) + 933 * (1 - (range-550)/(3300-550) )

accuracy = 85 * (range-550)/(3300-550) + 115 * (1 - (range-550)/(3300-550) )

So, at 3000m it becomes :

damage = 658.6 (+5.4%)

accuracy = 88.27% (+3.85%)

Which means it averagely deals (with no accuracy modifiers) :

average dmg = 658.6 * 0.8827 = 625 * 1.054 * 0.85 * 1.0385 = 625 * 0.85 * 1.0943 = base average dmg * 1.0943 (+9.43%)

So, for BLC at 3000m, there's a guaranteed +5.4% improvement when comparing hits' power, and +9.43% in average on a target dead center without evasion.

Of course it's full of conditions. But proves that +9% isn't impossible.

But it has to be noted that this is true for BLC only, and I used this cannon because I knew it was the one who would get the biggest damage improvement from Range Capacitor. Every other laser cannon will have a lower improvement at 3000m.

(Won't post the math but for HLC, which is the one with the least improvment at 3000m, it is only +1.2%)

Edited by Altheran

Actually, I did a bit of maths, and at 3 000m without accounting enemy evasion (neither pinpointing) and without any tracking penalty (I know there are many conditions), BLC's improvement is worth 9.4% by adding both raw power gain and accuracy gain (+5.4% guaranteed).

Open spoiler for the math

BLC's damage profile is :

- 933 (115%) @ 500m

- 625 (85%) @ 3000m

After adding range capacitor, it becomes :

- 933 (115%) @ 550m

- 625 (85%) @ 3300m

So the damage and accuracy at a given range between 550m and 3300m (assuming a linear evolution) become :

damage = 625 * (range-550)/(3300-550) + 933 * (1 - (range-550)/(3300-550) )

accuracy = 85 * (range-550)/(3300-550) + 115 * (1 - (range-550)/(3300-550) )

So, at 3000m it becomes :

damage = 658.6 (+5.4%)

accuracy = 88.27% (+3.85%)

Which means it averagely deals (with no accuracy modifiers) :

average dmg = 658.6 * 0.8827 = 625 * 1.054 * 0.85 * 1.0385 = 625 * 0.85 * 1.0943 = base average dmg * 1.0943 (+9.43%)

So, for BLC at 3000m, there's a guaranteed +5.4% improvement when comparing hits' power, and +9.43% in average on a target dead center without evasion.

Of course it's full of conditions. But proves that +9% isn't impossible.

But it has to be noted that this is true for BLC only, and I used this cannon because I knew it was the one who would get the biggest damage improvement from Range Capacitor. Every other laser cannon will have a lower improvement at 3000m.

(Won't post the math but for HLC, which is the one with the least improvment at 3000m, it is only +1.2%)

Note that this is also highly sensitive to the range you perform the comparison at. For BLC under your conditions at 3000m you get a 5.4% damage increase; at 2000m, the damage increase is only 3%; at 1000m, 1.3%.

Note that this is also highly sensitive to the range you perform the comparison at. For BLC under your conditions at 3000m you get a 5.4% damage increase; at 2000m, the damage increase is only 3%; at 1000m, 1.3%.

So, for those of us with severe discalculia (people that can do math at all AMAZE me!), are you saying that the Burst + Range Capacitor gives the most bang for the buck?

Edited by thespis

So, for those of us with severe discalculia (y'all that can do math at all AMAZE me!), are you saying that the Burst + Range Capacitor gives the most bang for the buck?

I personally run Burst + Range. However, the damage increase is highly variable and in almost all circumstances you will get less of a boost than from Damage Capacitor. However, in many circumstances the damage increase is still pretty good. That "pretty good" combined with having an extra 400m of maximum range is, IMO, a little bit better than the "very good" of Damage Capacitor.

IOW YMMV

Edited by Kuciwalker

Yeah, there are so many conditions that going for its raw damage effect is a bit foolish. (And that's actually a BLC thing, as other weapons' damage increase much less dramatically)

Where it will usually have the most effect, is on accuracy, especially on short range cannons which tend to suffer from rather terrible base accuracy (and tend to have more issues to keep one target dead center of the firing arc).

That may not be huge, but noticable enough to be worth a shot... and it may actually debunk the idea that Range Capacitor is only for weapons that already have a long range.

I just tried it out and WOW I came in 2nd place with 12 kills! Thanks!

I personally run Burst + Range. However, the damage increase is highly variable and in almost all circumstances you will get less of a boost than from Damage Capacitor. However, in many circumstances the damage increase is still pretty good. That "pretty good" combined with having an extra 400m of maximum range is, IMO, a little bit better than the "very good" of Damage Capacitor.

IOW YMMV

This is actually really useful info! I'll have to watch more often to see what kind of distance I regularly fall into with BLC.

That may not be huge, but noticable enough to be worth a shot... and it may actually debunk the idea that Range Capacitor is only for weapons that already have a long range.

If the damage increase is so low with HLC I'm not likely to use it, despite the sizable increase in range. I just don't feel like I need that kind of range. Adding to that, I'd be trading frequency capacitor which definitely makes Heavies more fun to use and gives them a better "feel" (IMO).

I am getting a bit cross about the variable claims regarding ranged capacitor. The devs have told us that the damage is extrapolated linearly, and so is the accuracy, between the three given points. We know that each range increment is extended by 10% with ranged capacitor.

So here's for burst laser. This will be a long post, and I'll go through the math. You can skip to the bottom to see the results at many ranges, or read along and we'll go through the average case, and then my reasoning for why that isn't really the picture you need as a pilot.

Ready? Here we go!

Baseline, you begin at 500 with 933 dps and 115 accuracy, 117 with the talent (the other talents don't matter in the compare- accuracy has to be counted though, as it actually isn't just a multiplier like the others). These values are technically accurate BELOW 500m though- but I think we all agree such ranges can be funky. In any event, from 0-500m, you have:

dps = 933

accu = 115

(117 with talent).

From 500 to 3000m, you use these lines:

dps = 994.6 - 0.1232 * R

That is valid from 500 to 3000, a line from 933 to 625. Over this period, your accuracy reduces:

Accu = 121 -0.012 * R

(add +2 to this if you have the talent)

From 115 to 85.

Then, you drop off to max range. From 3000m to 4000m, you use these lines:

dps = 1072 - 0.149 * R

That is valid from 3000 to 4000, a line from 625 to 476. Over this period, your accuracy reduces:

Accu = 130 -0.015 * R

(add +2 to this if you have the talent)

From 85 to 70.

So, what's the average dps of burst laser cannon? And is that a good metric? You obviously don't spend much time at 150m, or even 520m. Your dps at 10,000km is 0. Should we say that the average dps is 0 because most ranges are too far to shoot?

We can calculate it, of course. But what it MEANS is a bit different.

Over the 4000m that BLC is effective at, we simply need to average as follows (the average of a line over an interval is the point it has in the center of that interval).

500/4000 * [933]

2500/4000 * [779]

1000/4000 * [550.5]

This gives an average damage value of burst laser cannon over 0 to 4000m of 741.125. If we also include values up to 4400m (for the last 400m we have 0 damage, of course), then we get 673.75.

Frequency capacitor multiplies the dps by 1.15. Damage capacitor multiplies it by 1.1. The difference between these two is quickly figured out, and not just by using dps. But what does range do?

Ranged capacitor changes short range from 0-500m to 0-550m. It changes medium range from 500m to 3000m to 550m to 3300m. It changes long range from 3000m to 4000m to 3300m to 4400m. This changes the formulas too.

You have 933 from 0-550m. You have dps = 994.6 - 0.112 * R from 550-3300m. You have dps = 1072 - 0.1354 * R from 3300m to 4400m. Your accuracy formulas change to 123-0.01091*R and 132-0.013636*R.

So over the ORIGINAL value- from 0 to 4000m- we calculate as follows:

550/4000 * [933]

2750/4000 * [779]

700/4000 * [550.5]

This gives us on average dps of 760- around 2.5% more than no capacitor, not counting the accuracy boost. If we instead look at it over the actual range it shoots (4400) versus the original one at that range (which did 0 from 4000-4400), we have an average of 741, right about 10% average dps gained (remember this assumes you are in both cases equally likely to shoot a shot at any range up to and including 4400m).

So this is why we see such strange numbers over many posters, I'm betting- if you look at your gain over the range that the no-cap shoots at (0-4000), you see a pre-accuracy gain of 2.5%. If you look at your gain over the range that BOTH can fire (0-4400), you see a pre-accuracy gain of 10%! That difference is large.

What does all this mean? Unlike the math, the in game meaning is not as clear. You aren't equally likely to shoot at 600m as 2000m as 4200m. If you only ever made shots at 800m, you could figure this out pretty easily, but this average value assumes you are just as likely to make a shot at 510 as 2000 as 3900. I'm pretty sure that most of my shots are not at 500 or 4000m. Also, accuracy dorks this up quite a bit- a small accuracy boost can be worth quite a bit, depending- I mean, if your chance to hit is 5%, an extra 5% to hit is a 100% damage boost. The problem is, if your chance to hit is 5%, you aren't doing much damage at all.

The fix:

Lets assume the existence of an "evasive target". This target has a 30% net evasion versus you. We'll also assume the existence of a "dumb target" where we neglect the accuracy. Further, we'll talk about a "highly evasive target", likely one off center, with 50% net evasion versus you. If your target has much more than that net evasion, you probably have some other things going on. I'll also assume you have the 2% accuracy talent, because anyone who matters does for almost all their games. The net value includes, for instance, your crew passive, their crew passive, whatever- this is the value after the subtraction of all that. If you don't have the crew passive you are already immune to math, and I suggest you take rapid fire laser because more shots are better.

I'm still using 933 as the base, of course. If you want to take damage talents or whatever into account, simply plug in your number- the percentage increase over base is what we want, as we can easily compare that to damage cap or frequency cap.

At 400m, your default is 933 dps versus a dumb target with either capacitor. It's .87 * 933 = 812 versus an evasive target, and .67 * 933 = 625 versus a highly evasive target. Ranged capacitor boosts your damage by 0% at 400m versus all targets.

At 800m, your default is 896 dps versus a dumb target with no cap. It's .834 * 896 = 747 versus an evasive target with no cap, and 568 versus a highly evasive target with no cap. Your default with a ranged cap is 905 dps versus a dumb target. It's .843 * 905 = 763 dps versus an evasive target, and .643 * 905 = 582 versus a highly evasive target. Ranged capacitor boosts your damage at 800m by 1% versus a dumb target, 2% versus an evasive target, and 2.5% versus a highly evasive target.

I'm not going to type out all those words. But I will give you this table of increases:

Range: Percent increases versus net evasion: 0% 30% 50%

400m: 0 / 0 / 0

800m: 1 / 2 / 2.4

1200m: 1.6 / 3.3 / 3.9

1600m: 2.2 / 4.7 / 5.6

2000m: 4.0 / 6.3 / 7.6

2400m: 6.7 / 8.1 / 10

2800m: 8.4 / 10 / 13

3200m: 12 / 15 / 20

3400m: 14 / 18 / 24

3600m: 16 / 20 / 28

4000m: 20 / 26 / 40

4400m: INFINITEH

It takes awhile, but once the accuracy falls below 100% versus a dumb target (one with no net evasion versus you), the range starts helping a bit in that direction too.

You can see from this that ranged absolutely DOMINATES the 10% and 15% options from the other caps at many values of ranged and evasion. Do you spend more of your time at those ranges, and versus those targets? And this is also not counting the extra boost you get when it comes to shooting mines and other strategic targets that Armonddd brought up, many of which have a 3500 trigger radius- the capacitor about doubles the ranges from which you can actually shoot it down (3510 to 3990 to 3510 to 4390).

But of course, when you are close, the boosts are trivial, even versus evasive targets. You don't beat damage cap until around 3000m versus targets with no evasion, and even the high evasion scout type build is around 2800m as a tie. Off target shots gain value at around 2400.

Actually, looking at this table leads me to believe we might get people going range cap who might not be the optimal target group for that. Here's the table:

Range: Percent increases versus net evasion: 0% 30% 50%

400m: 0 / 0 / 0

800m: 1 / 2 / 2.4

1200m: 1.6 / 3.3 / 3.9

1600m: 2.2 / 4.7 / 5.6

2000m: 4.0 / 6.3 / 7.6

2400m: 6.7 / 8.1 / 10

2800m: 8.4 / 10 / 13

3200m: 12 / 15 / 20

3400m: 14 / 18 / 24

3600m: 16 / 20 / 28

4000m: 20 / 26 / 40

4400m: INFINITEH

But what was left out is the actual damages involved here to get these percents.

Here's for the "evasive target" one (the middle column above). On the left will be the dps with no cap, on the right, the dps with the ranged cap.

800m 747 / 762 (2% increase)

1600m 588 / 615 (4.7% increase)

2000m 516 / 548 (6.3% increase)

2400m 448 / 485 (8% increase)

2800m 385 / 425 (10% increase)

3200m 321 / 369 (15% increase)

4000m 200 / 251 (26% increase)

See how the GOOD numbers- the ones that top the damage capacitor- are happening when the total dps you are doing is totally crap compared to what you were hoping for? For instance, the 10% mark is 2800 here with the 30% net evade target. At that point, you are already dealing HALF DAMAGE! Taking that to 55% of the damage you would do at closer ranges is nice, but you are still not really rocking the charts at that range.

This isn't to say it's a bad call- simply don't be deceived by the large percentages, as they all kick into effect when your damage is generally poor, and don't help as much as the other options when you are in a good position- but they really blow the other options away if you are having to take some of the inopportune shots- that is to say, shots versus targets not quite dead center with a moderate amount of evasion and at ranges that are more like 2k and less like 1k.

Yeah it seems like big numbers, but they're mostly improved chances, and not much improved potential like Damage or Frequency capacitors.

And those big numbers are true only for BLC because of its incredible variation of damage and accuracy...

Ah, if only the damage profiles of weapons were a bit more normalized, and if the base accuracy couldn't fall this low...

Sorry, I'm going off-topic.

Basically, Range Capacitor remains a QoL capacitor, unlike others which are buffing capacitors, and so it will never allow to do the biggest "oomph"

Edited by Altheran