SWTOR Single panel Webcomic

Pontius_Morgan

(...)they'll just reappear beside you. (...)

Don't underestimate their sneakyness!

Sneaky sneaky.

Not for a comic, just find it funny. One of my companions (Kira?) often says "That was close." After I revive her ....

Edited by iRouven

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd like to see a comic about Gungans in SWTOR, like for example

New Republic Class: Gungan Bumbler!

So a Gungan is shown tripping on a rock in the middle of nowhere, which is blowing up an entire Imperial Army, (as just a joke to Episode 1) and out from the explosion yells, "NERF GUNGANS!!!!"

Don't underestimate their sneakyness!

Sneaky sneaky.

Not for a comic, just find it funny. One of my companions (Kira?) often says "That was close." After I revive her ....

Heh. That reminds me... how come none of the NPCs can call medical probes or just be teleported to the hospital, or revived?

I can see a cartoon where someone is talking to a quest/plot NPC who is killed (usually offscreen, so you can find their body), and the PC is weeping/emoting/swearing vengenace, and the NPC can be saying "You could just click revive... or summon a medical probe... or use a medkit on me... or something!")

(I am hardly the first person to notice this oddity... I first saw it mentioned in a lit of Console RPG cliches I read over a decade ago, specifically, #153.)

You could do something with the blocky shadows, incorporate an 8-bit graphic or some such.

Or the fact that there are 2 suns on Tattooine, but only 1 shadow.

Or your companion saying something went wrong on their gathering mission, and they critted so you get get a sithload of stuff. Or vice versa, they say they've been successful and instead they failed the mission.

So many ideas, so little time.

I'm on Krayt Dragon, characters are S'th and Pontius. Look me up if you want a Guild invite!

Cool! Thanks for the offer! I'll certainly make a new alt there soon.

Btw, great job as usual! We are always looking for your jokes! :cool:

Edited by zorroazul

Some other funny things that would be great to make fun of

Female companion characters that turn invisible when you put on the dancer outfits....and all you see is the dancer outfit.

Activating quest objectives with your double-bladed lightsaber sticking through your face because it didn't turn off

Bounty Hunter continously and obnoxiously shooting at a dead body WELL after the animation for Unload should be over...

NPC's not animating correctly in cutscenes, like lips not moving, looping animation that just doesn't jive with the scene (BH had an imperial general casually leaning back and forth while folding his arms and it caused him to go in and out of my characters head...looked like they were trying to kiss and failed horribly....and both were male)

Escaping out of conversations because you don't like how it affects your companions affection or DS/LS points...

Thana Vesh....nuff said.

I don't know how common this bug is, but twice now, on Alderaan, I've used Quick Travel and, when the teleport is over, my companion goes "Ugh!" and falls quite dead next to me. I *think* there's a bug with the Z-axis during the 'port, theirs isn't adjusted and they fall from a great height. It doesn't happen all the time (Alderaan would be unplayable if it did), but it's never happened to me anywhere BUT Alderaan (all those mountain camps?), and it's happened with two different companions and two different destinations.

If it's just me, it won't be funny to a lot of people, but if others have had this problem, there's a good joke there.

(Also, something I've seen in SWTOR and other games... multiple people all saying "LFG for whatever", but NO ONE actually starting a group and inviting! So you've got a bunch of people all LFG for the same thing, but no one ever says, "Fine, /invite Fred, /invite Charlie, /invite Fineous, we're off!")

I don't know how common this bug is, but twice now, on Alderaan, I've used Quick Travel and, when the teleport is over, my companion goes "Ugh!" and falls quite dead next to me. I *think* there's a bug with the Z-axis during the 'port, theirs isn't adjusted and they fall from a great height. It doesn't happen all the time (Alderaan would be unplayable if it did), but it's never happened to me anywhere BUT Alderaan (all those mountain camps?), and it's happened with two different companions and two different destinations.

If it's just me, it won't be funny to a lot of people, but if others have had this problem, there's a good joke there.

(Also, something I've seen in SWTOR and other games... multiple people all saying "LFG for whatever", but NO ONE actually starting a group and inviting! So you've got a bunch of people all LFG for the same thing, but no one ever says, "Fine, /invite Fred, /invite Charlie, /invite Fineous, we're off!")

I've had this happen, and I laughed, out loud for real. I just don't know exactly how to represent it and have it convey what I want. You're also right, in that, it is a rare enough bug that it's relevance may be lost. Especially in the translation.

Ok, so, the suggestion got me wondering. What if Malgus had to deal with that bug?

I love it, but when you post it on your main site, you might (if you haven't already) post an explanation of the bug, since it's not going to be intuitive to many readers, while a lot of your others will be funny to anyone who's played an MMO.