Helmets/masks overwriting hoods make me sad(A bit of spoilers within)

Ryuji_Sukata

There are a lot of masks and helmets that overwrite hooded robes in this game. It's especially noticable on important NPCs.

What I mean in particular is stuff like this:

Throughout the whole video, Revan is sporting a hood. When he puts on his mask to start fighting you(which USED to have his hood work with the mask and felt INFINITELY more amazing), the hood disappears and you're left with...an odd image of Revan. Just about every image of Revan(beyond KotOR except in scenes when he sported the mask), he always sported a hood. The mystery of his character seemed to work better with them.

If you look in this video,

you'll see him sporting the mask and the hood at the same time.

Now you tell me, which feels more epic? I'd wager that you'd say the hood + the mask.

Oh, also, the Emperor in the Jedi Knight story does the same thing. He used to have a hood but...not anymore for some reason. Here's a video showing how he looked with the hood and helmet together:

What's the deal? :(

Yeah, that was weird, seeing him with just the helmet.

I also noticed during the scene when I ran the Flashpoint last night and the day before that two Revans were rendered: one with his back to you, hood up, and one facing you, hood down and mask on and lightsaber drawn.

Did anyone else notice this?

I hope they do fix this for the future. Frankly I think I look downright silly wearing certain helmets without the hoods also being up.

Edited by DrMelhattan

Yeah, that was weird, seeing him with just the helmet.

I also noticed during the scene when I ran the Flashpoint last night and the day before that two Revans were rendered: one with his back to you, hood up, and one facing you, hood down and mask on and lightsaber drawn.

Did anyone else notice this?

That's because everyone could have hood over thier masks in betas, but it was removed in one of the pre-release betatests.