8 man and 16 man raiding differences?

Hello, my guild is currently weighing up the possibility of starting 16 man raids. My question is twofold, firstly I have heard that the same amount of loot drops on 16 man as 8 man, is this true?

Secondly, in 8 man you need 1 tank and 2 healers and 5 dps. What is the raid setup for 16 man?

Thanks in advance.

There are at LEAST 25 posts in the first 5 pages. You don't even have to search. Just scroll through.

16 Mans are twice as hard and take 3 times as long as 8 man for the same rewards.

Edited by Zisa

There are in fact not 25 posts in the first 5 pages so thats a lie. There is another 1 which is about the difficulty comparison between the 2 and not the 2nd part of my question.

Despite your answer which is appreciated, your attitude stinks and you cant even type or spell correctly.

It's called exaggeration and your attitude stinks even worse than mine.

Maybe I'm angry that this is the case and you reminding me that Operations don't make sense in either risk or reward makes it worse.

Or maybe I'm just a big meanie. Either way, try reading the forums and getting opinions before you ask again. And don't be the grammar police. It's obnoxious.

Loot is doubled, so you get the same if you would run two 8s or one 16. Comp you'd run a MT and OT with dps gear, 3-5 healers depending how bad they are (or how many sorcs you have, depends how you look at it), and rest dps. There's not any major differences in difficulty, having cleared both they're relatively the same. 16 has more people, which some people argue makes it harder but that's not really valid. Mechanics-wise, 16 is easier in some cases, 8 is easier in others.

Trash:

16 man is harder than 8 man

Bosses:

imo about the same but some have poor scaling - e.g.:

Bonetrasher 16 is imo harder than 8 (since more ppl can make mistakes that affect the whole raid)

SoA 16 is easier than 8 since you can bring more dps and you don't have double the meachnics to worry about (3 Balls in P2 and only 2 Balss in P3 + Mindtraps have same life as they do in 8 man)

IF you have enough people to run 2x 8 mans, I would recommend you try it both ways to see which your players prefer. The differences are there, but it is a matter of opinion which is more enjoyable to do.

16 mans provide IMO a better experience, since there is more leeway in who does what role with more players. Having more people also just seems a better experience overall since there are very few times that many can gather together to do anything worthwhile.

The difficulty might be a bit higher, but that is a good thing, since there are alot of people who feel these operations are too easy to begin with, it will give your raiders more of a feeling of accomplishment being able to down bosses in 16.

Edited by savantus