if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Macetheace

I have stated this twice: Yoda FELT Windu die! I remember reading that in the RotS novel. It was also stated that Sidious' lighting lifted his LIFELESS body ad flung him. Windu cannot come back. HE IS DEAD! Maul should have been left for dead. LA needs to stop resurrecting characters. Windu died from the lightning. It cooled him from the inside.

Luke was being tortured to death. Sidious wanted to make his death as painful as possible. With Windu he just wanted the Jedi dead right then and there. That is why Luke did not die and Mace did.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: On the topic of Boba, his survival is plausible. Death by Sarlaac is a slow, slow death by digestion. Boba could have escaped before the digestible fluids cut through his beskar armour. Beskar being one of the most durable metals in the galaxy. And his death was kinda lame. I totally support his survival.

He did not have Beskargam armor yet. He only had durasteel armor. Also maul was not really that powerful in the force he was only really an assassin for palatine that was extremely well trained in many light saber forms.

you've seen clone wars right/ Darth Maul returned

well if he managed to survive it is all too possible MAce Windu can also. that would be soo cool though.

What about Anakin? what feel you guys about that? would you believe an Anakin come back... the metachorines reconstintute him, we have no idea whether it is possible, kinda like a Gandalf return, , or a medivh return, it's not quite certain how it happens, but it is to combat a great evil like a punishment of sorts to make up for the stuff he did as VAder.

You do know Maul came back in the EU loooooong before TCW right?

Other than that little tidbit I felt like mentioning.....

Are you high or something? Because I don't think there is any other reason for what you just posted.

No he wasn't. Right before Palpatine starts using FL on Luke he says if you won't join us be destroyed and FLs Luke a ******** of times. And before Vader throws Palpatine into the pit, he says now you will die, and gets a good 6-10 sec straight of FL.

You don't tell someone you're going to torture that you're going to destroy and kill them. You tell them they are going to suffer.

If Luke can maintain consciousness/not die from all those FLs, then so can Windu.

Luke, the son of Anakin, was arguably stronger in the force then Windu is.... Or potentially stronger, maybe better at surviving the lightning attack. Yoda was zapped hard when he faced the Emperor, did not die either, got up and fought back while smoldering some. You would think, with the power Yoda has, Palpatine would have made sure his first blast was his best and NOT risk a fight with Yoda.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I have stated this twice: Yoda FELT Windu die! I remember reading that in the RotS novel. It was also stated that Sidious' lighting lifted his LIFELESS body ad flung him. Windu cannot come back. HE IS DEAD! Maul should have been left for dead. LA needs to stop resurrecting characters. Windu died from the lightning. It cooled him from the inside.

Luke was being tortured to death. Sidious wanted to make his death as painful as possible. With Windu he just wanted the Jedi dead right then and there. That is why Luke did not die and Mace did.

I count the movies over books when it comes to discrepancies. You can clearly hear Windu grunt as he's pushed out the window so he's still alive.

Edited by Smashbrother

People do say Windu would have died by the fall. If anyone ever read the Deceived novel the Jedi chick fell out of the sky with a guy and she cushioned their fall onto Coruscant. They had just entered the atmosphere and jumped off the ship before it blew up. If she could do that Mace could survive a fall off of a building in my opinion.

People do say Windu would have died by the fall. If anyone ever read the Deceived novel the Jedi chick fell out of the sky with a guy and she cushioned their fall onto Coruscant. They had just entered the atmosphere and jumped off the ship before it blew up. If she could do that Mace could survive a fall off of a building in my opinion.

For the love of...Windu was not even alive when he was thrown out the window. The lightning blast fried him from the inside. Even IF he was alive, he could not have used the Force to cushion his fall. Windu would not have been able to focus, if he was even conscious. Mace Windu is dead. There is no bringing him back. Sidious killed him, end of story.

For the love of...Windu was not even alive when he was thrown out the window. The lightning blast fried him from the inside. Even IF he was alive, he could not have used the Force to cushion his fall. Windu would not have been able to focus, if he was even conscious. Mace Windu is dead. There is no bringing him back. Sidious killed him, end of story.

And for the last *********** time, Windu was alive as he was pushed. He grunts as he's pushed out in the movie. Dead people do not grunt. Maul on the other, makes ZERO noise as he is cut apart and falls down the shaft.

Movie >>>>> book.

Edited by Smashbrother

And for the last *********** time, Windu was alive as he was pushed. He grunts as he's pushed out in the movie. Dead people do not grunt. Maul on the other, makes ZERO noise as he is cut apart and falls down the shaft.

Movie >>>>> book.

Maul originally let out a bloodcurdling scream (this may have been edited out) when he fell and if you look at that picture on Wookieepedia of him falling you can see his eyes and mouth are wide open.

And if anything the grunt confirms Windu's death, it's the sort of grunt you would make if I stabbed you in the heart. A death grunt if you will, a final, involuntary noise made shortly before a violent death. But this is all irrelevant, noone has given good reason for bringing Windu back and noone has addressed how his survival contradicts movie canon.

If he survived why didn't he help the Jedi at the Temple? Why didn't he join the Rebellion? The New Republic? And how come Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel his presence? Are you telling me Windu did absolutely nothing for 20+ years? These are the real problems that need to be addressed. Not the likelihood of his survival.

Edited by Beniboybling

Movie >>>>> book.

Death grunt, just as Beni said. The novel is not below the movie since the movie and novel are both the same thing, based on the story AND screenplay written by George Lucas. They are the same thing. You cannot fit everything written in a book into a movie. Read it. You will notice a lot of things that are not shown in the film. If they added everything then it would be a six hour movie.

Movie=Novel in this case.

Edited by Kilikaa

Death grunt, just as Beni said. The novel is not below the movie since the movie and novel are both the same thing, based on the story AND screenplay written by George Lucas. They are the same thing. You cannot fit everything written in a book into a movie. Read it. You will notice a lot of things that are not shown in the film. If they added everything then it would be a six hour movie.

Movie=Novel in this case.

Quite true, both the books and the film are G-Canon. So that extract saying Mace Windu fell 'lifelessly' out of the window is G-Canon. The highest level of canon AKA true. Mace Windu is dead and their is no reason to bring him back. Edited by Beniboybling

While we are at it, why not add Obi-Wan to the mix..... No one saw him die, he just vanished leaving his robes behind. compared to the other 2, Obi-Wan should be the most likely to be alive... I know some will reply with we all saw him appear as a spirit in EP. 5 (or just his voice, cant remember) and at the end of EP.6 standing with Anakin..... We did never see a dead body, like we did with Qui-Gon or Vader.

In fact, Vader's saber struck the robes seemingly AFTER the body was gone. Vader even seemed puzzled by that trick.... Did Obi-Wan have such a command of the force to make himself vanish? "force vanish"???.... I could use that power myself at times. lol.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Maul originally let out a bloodcurdling scream (this may have been edited out) when he fell and if you look at that picture on Wookieepedia of him falling you can see his eyes and mouth are wide open.

And if anything the grunt confirms Windu's death, it's the sort of grunt you would make if I stabbed you in the heart. A death grunt if you will, a final, involuntary noise made shortly before a violent death. But this is all irrelevant, noone has given good reason for bringing Windu back and noone has addressed how his survival contradicts movie canon.

If he survived why didn't he help the Jedi at the Temple? Why didn't he join the Rebellion? The New Republic? And how come Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel his presence? Are you telling me Windu did absolutely nothing for 20+ years? These are the real problems that need to be addressed. Not the likelihood of his survival.

The blu ray versions are THE definite versions of the SW movies as far as canon goes, and will remain so until Disney decides to change it. Maul doesn't make any noise in the blu-ray version so he is dead and having eyes open doesn't mean crap because people can die like that.

Windu grunts like he just got punted. Maybe it's a death grunt, maybe it's not. Nobody 100% knows for sure.

Why he doesn't appear later could be a bazallion reason. Perhaps he forgot his memories, or maybe he had to go into hiding like Yoda did in order to escape being hunted down.

And I know the books were written along with the movie, and they are canon too. BUT if there is a discrepancy between the movie and the book, the movie is higher because Lucas had 100% control of the movies.

The blu ray versions are THE definite versions of the SW movies as far as canon goes, and will remain so until Disney decides to change it. Maul doesn't make any noise in the blu-ray version so he is dead and having eyes open doesn't mean crap because people can die like that.

Windu grunts like he just got punted. Maybe it's a death grunt, maybe it's not. Nobody 100% knows for sure.

Why he doesn't appear later could be a bazallion reason. Perhaps he forgot his memories, or maybe he had to go into hiding like Yoda did in order to escape being hunted down.

And I know the books were written along with the movie, and they are canon too. BUT if there is a discrepancy between the movie and the book, the movie is higher because Lucas had 100% control of the movies.

Of course there are discrenpencies. You cannot fit everything from the book into the movie. If you did then you would have a ten hour long movie. Mace Windu is dead. There is no doubt about that. Yoda even felt him die. Read the damn novel. It is every bit as canon as the film and has more details than the film. The novel is even better than the film. The novel was written from Lucas' screenplay. It is equal to the movie. Everything in the film is in the novel.

Edited by Kilikaa

But there is no discrepancy, it would be perfectly plausible to say that was a death grunt and he was dead when he fell out the window. It's in the books, it's canon. And you still haven't told me how Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel him through the Force and find him. Basically your reasons for bringing him back seem pointless, he wasn't a minor character, he needs no expansion. We know Windu and he has served his purpose.

Haha, yeah. Mace Windu coming back would be cool. Hey, I have an idea, why not Obi-Wan? He vanished, right? So there's like, no body parts chopped off 'n ****. He could totes come back.

Also, Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen should come back. Their skeletons were still intact, right? But Star Wars is sci-fi so they could, like, sooo totally have robot organs and muscles and robot skin.

Oh man, and Jabba should come back too. He didn't even have any parts chopped off, they could just like, put robot stuff in him, and he'd be like, sooo cooooool.

I don't see why they need to make any new characters for the new movies, everyone could come back from the dead making their original deaths completely meaningless and trivial and it'd be sooooo coooooooooooool

But there is no discrepancy, it would be perfectly plausible to say that was a death grunt and he was dead when he fell out the window. It's in the books, it's canon. And you still haven't told me how Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel him through the Force and find him. Basically your reasons for bringing him back seem pointless, he wasn't a minor character, he needs no expansion. We know Windu and he has served his purpose.

Vader and Palpatine weren't able to find Kenobi or Yoda either.

Vader and Palpatine weren't able to find Kenobi or Yoda either.

That's an easy one to answer.

Yoda's presence was hidden by the Dark Side cave on Dagobah.

Obi-Wan used a form of Force concealment on Tatooine.

Plus, Yoda felt Windu die. He felt almost the entire Jedi Order die. His abilities for perception were so great that he could pinpoint the people who died and where they died. He felt Mace Windu die.

Edited by Aurbere

That's an easy one to answer.

Yoda's presence was hidden by the Dark Side cave on Dagobah.

Obi-Wan used a form of Force concealment on Tatooine.

To further the point, Kenobi was hiding on Tatooine, a planet that held too many painful memories for Vader. As a result he avoided returning there. Look at Episode 4. He sent troopers to the planet to search for the droids but did not go himself. He did not want to set foot on Tatooine ever again.

I honestly wouldn't mind this since Mace Windu is one of my favorite SW characters of all time. The fact that he got taken out in such a cowardly move always greatly irritated me.

Samuel L. Jackson disagrees with this. In an interview he stated that he begged Lucas to be in the films(he was a huge fan) he said that he didnt care if he was a "storm trooper" as long as he got to be part of it. He also stated how he got to pick the color of the lightsaber and that he told Lucas that he wanted Mace to die in the most bad***** way possible. He said that he couldnt be more pleased with the way that Mace died.

Edited by Freedannad

Of course there are discrenpencies. You cannot fit everything from the book into the movie. If you did then you would have a ten hour long movie. Mace Windu is dead. There is no doubt about that. Yoda even felt him die. Read the damn novel. It is every bit as canon as the film and has more details than the film. The novel is even better than the film. The novel was written from Lucas' screenplay. It is equal to the movie. Everything in the film is in the novel.

If that's the case than Maul is dead and should never have been able to come back either. The Phantom Menace novel states that Maul died as he fell down the shaft thus making your point about the novels moot.

If that's the case than Maul is dead and should never have been able to come back either. The Phantom Menace novel states that Maul died as he fell down the shaft thus making your point about the novels moot.

Won't find any disagreement here. The cartoon bringing Maul back is frankly a travesty, the sort of gimmick that 13 year old kids love. And lo and behold, the 13 year old target audience is eating that literal **** up.

Not only did they give him a freaking brother, but his brother is named Savage. Effing Savage. Savage Opress[ion]. It's like they're not even trying anymore. I fully expect the next big villain to be named LORD MADDIUS ANGRY.

Edited by Stellatus

I would take a guess as its the same with comics, making new characters can never really go well because people wanna always see the original characters. This is probably why(along with fans) Boba came back and Maul did too. Its why no one in the comic world ever stays dead, Superman will always be Kal-El, Batman will always be Bruce Wayne etc etc

You are right but to a degree

People do want to read about their favorite characters, but why bring them back when you could write stories within the timeline that they lived.

As far as creating new chracters, well just look at this game, we have Malgus and Revan as beloved characters

A lot of people like Mara jade and she is pure EU so is Darth Bane

Bring peoe back from the dead is just not way to do things; the emperor, maul and windu should remain on the dead list

And the emperor is my favorite but his death did not mean the darth plagueis book was less entertaining, that book was awesome