Heroic missions are obsolete

Because of 2.0's unified planetary commendations, I don't see heroic missions being worth the time or effort anymore. With a single type of planetary commendation, I can use commendations from solo missions on Tatooine to buy mods from the Alderaan vendor. I no longer have to do a dozen missions on Alderaan to keep my mods up to date.

Heroic missions give you rewards geared toward the recommended level of the planet and not the level of your character. If I'm level 31, I can just buy the level 31 mods. The heroics on Tatooine will give me gear for level 28s though. If I'm not even getting geared properly from these heroics, then why would I bother degrading myself by begging for groups to do heroic quests over general chat like so many people do every day?

My suggestion to BioWare would be to implement a daily quest for heroic quests on planets appropriate to your level to give me a reason to do heroics again. With things left as they are, they're not worth our time. I have almost stopped doing them completely.

I agree but unfortunately the damage is already done. I don't like the new comms system for planetary comms. It made everything trivial from lvl 50 and below. It took a hit on crafting and made it hard to get groups for lower level heroic 2 and 4s. Hell, even if you do get a group now, some level capped player has most likely cleared out the content anyways :(

Agreed, here are some ideas:

1) Change quest rewards to purple mods for max level on that planet (which we cannot buy for comms), so doing them is worth it over solo content that just rewards comms.

2) Simply up the comms reward to make it worth the bother, like 5 for heroic 2 & 10 per heroic 4 maybe - boring but simple.

3) Make them all give unique orange shells as some currently do, that way the ONLY way to get those shells will be to group up and run them.

Although granted they useful for new players to learn group content, it is not just vet perspective - the change to comms has diminished the rewards from these missions IMO...they are no longer needed when levelling which is sad as they are a lot of fun, but sadly time vs reward is so low I just skip them now.

Remember vets have alts too ;)

Dated but not Obsolete. I would like to see them updated so a planet will drop a complete set of moddable armor. For instance, Corellia Heroics drop Ciridium Armor for Trooper, with the legs coming from the last Class Quest. Everything but the boots are rewards. There's no reason why the heroics can't be tied to the class quests to complete suits of armor.

Now for those complaining about grouping to do them. Simple...solo them. Every Heroic 2+ is soloable and they are a ton of XP. There are some that don't even require any combat. I milked the Sarlacc one on Tat for 10 levels and got 17k xp every time. It takes 5 minutes.

Also, they should do away with mods all together, all it does is make it harder for crafters.

Heroic 2 are very soloable yes, but don't dare suggest that to the mmo police that seem to frequent general chat on my server lol...

I noticed a guy spamming local for a good 20 mins on belsavis for a group to do the heroic 2 with the data thing in the back of a cave - easily soloable, only one elite which you don't need to kill - I piped up and pointed out that that was "very easy to solo if he couldn't find a group" this was quickly met by a torrent of abuse along the lines of "this is a multiplayer game yadadada" "if I wanted to solo I would play a single player game blah blah" - I removed the swearing but I'm sure you can imagine...in fact, in the time people spent berating me for suggesting they solo it they could either solo'd it or grouped up and done it, instead they took the time to flood general chat with derogatory statements and personal attacks....people are wierd....

I like the unique gear set idea, in fact most of the ones I have run have been for moddable orange sets but the missions do need tidying up and missing peices adding to make a full set per planet, make it a combo of class, story, heroics & even bonus - this will encourage people like me to finish a planet - tangible rewards make it all worthwhile IMO.

On a related note, I like the new unified comms, makes gearing up far less hassle - which means better equipped toons to group up with for FPs instead of people wearing last planets questing greens....

Edited by Snapsix

I think heroic 2s should yield a purple mod or enhancement and heroic 4s should yield purple armoring/hilt/barrels + mod/enhancement. This might look weird for planets like Alderaan that have like 4 heroic 4s but there really shouldn't be that many heroic 4s to begin with.

Heroic 2 are very soloable yes, but don't dare suggest that to the mmo police that seem to frequent general chat on my server lol...

I noticed a guy spamming local for a good 20 mins on belsavis for a group to do the heroic 2 with the data thing in the back of a cave - easily soloable, only one elite which you don't need to kill - I piped up and pointed out that that was "very easy to solo if he couldn't find a group" this was quickly met by a torrent of abuse along the lines of "this is a multiplayer game yadadada" "if I wanted to solo I would play a single player game blah blah" - I removed the swearing but I'm sure you can imagine...in fact, in the time people spent berating me for suggesting they solo it they could either solo'd it or grouped up and done it, instead they took the time to flood general chat with derogatory statements and personal attacks....people are wierd....

I like the unique gear set idea, in fact most of the ones I have run have been for moddable orange sets but the missions do need tidying up and missing peices adding to make a full set per planet, make it a combo of class, story, heroics & even bonus - this will encourage people like me to finish a planet - tangible rewards make it all worthwhile IMO.

On a related note, I like the new unified comms, makes gearing up far less hassle - which means better equipped toons to group up with for FPs instead of people wearing last planets questing greens....

And more often then not, they're guildless because no one will hold their hand 24/7.....

I personally like the new comms system. But on the other hand, I think the heroic missions on planets should be worked on again at some point. This game is not the same game it was 1,5 years ago when those heroic missions were first designed.

Back then heroic missions were giving huge amounts of XP and that was the main reason why people were doing them. There was no other way to gain that much XP is such a short time. Now with those XP packs from Cartel Market, that 5% XP bonus from being in a guild, and the occasional double XP weekends, there is almost no reason to bother finding a group for heroics anymore.

The solution could be adding some nice and rare loot to heroics. Maybe also tweak the XP they give as well? Then people will find a new reason to do them.

Also heroic 2 missions should really be adjusted to be heroic 2. I think it's safe to assume that everyone is solo'ing them these days. They're especially easy if you're a healer or your offspec is healer.