Success Stories - How rich did 1.3 make you?

Ka-tel

I just sold my last augment/augmentor. And prices on augment kits have dropped substantially. So now that the rush is more or less over, how much profit did you make crafters? I'm up 52m.

Share comments, success stories, etc.

I knew Dulfy had overestimated mk-6 sales values. On my server I sold the bulk of mine for 155k each. Very few people actually got 200k for kits, and only in the first hour. Now they're about 70k.

Augments are still pretty high though. 140-180k for the more useful ones. And augmentors are at a solid 30k each.

I'd guess about 11 to 12M in 2 days, depending on how you price the materials I used. I stopped selling kits when the prize fell below 100K to prepare to gear up friends and sold mostly augments, then cut that back and started to check what else the patch offers, didn't level the GTN for the whole patch day :p).

Augment kits cost now 70K or so on my server as well.

On The Harbinger, I made roughly 10m over the last 2 days on Upari/Primeval mostly and some Subelectronic and Augmentors. I'm a pure mats dealer.

You guys are very fortunate that pre 1.3 critables were Re-able lol. It could have gone the other way.

Edited by MakuBenjami

Made around 5 mil here. Sold a few mk-6's for 400k, but most around 140k. Stopped selling them when the price dropped under 80k. It is now around 70k on my server as well. Sold a lot of purple 21 augments for 90-120k and 22's for 120-150k.

Augmentors are still around 35k. Most good augments are selling for around 150k, though some people are undercutting by 40k for no reason... durasteel and zal alloy are around 2-2.5k still, bleh.

On the negative side, I haven't sold a single piece of armor since 1.3 went live even though I'm listing over 20 armor pieces (both heavy and medium). So it looks like my future as an armormech is just going to be making augment kits and augments, not real armor...

I got stuck at work couldnt get into the early rush :( made 3 mil still through a bunch of different types of sales.

52 mil = 346 augments thats 3460 bracers i leaning towards a fat lie. specially when its what 3 minutes a peice plus r.e and then 22.5 per to craft. not saying you didnt make $$ but not that much lol.

if someone wants to do the math and proove him wrong go ahead lol.

im waiting for the patch where armstech gets op and i sell all 2000 ultrachrome and 4000 of the blue g.6 in investagation. and there still pouring in.

I definitely made some cash off the patch.. but am I the only one who is unhappy about the fact that armor isn't going to be a good seller anymore??

Now that the kits are losing value.. Armormech is going to end up being one of the least profitable crew skills.. I was selling Augged WH armor for 125k+ per piece before the patch.. now it is sitting there at 75k per and no one is buying..

So yea.. in the short term this was a good boost for sales.. and kinda nice to get a few M in the bank.. but now you might as well go ahead and drop Armormech.. Who would buy augmented gear off an Armormech when you have to pay to have the mods removed from the reward gear when you can just buy a kit and put an aug in the gear you get right from the npc..

Big fail on this one BW..

52M is impressive, by your own estimates that's either 346 sold augments or augment kits in total at an average of 150k each and not including expenses. You must have crafted and scavaged your backside off.

Only a small percentage of that was actually from kits. I had saved up ~1400 augmentors and those ended up being my big moneymaker.

Even a week later they're still 25k a pop.

Wow Splaktor, 400k is a lot. Most of mine I got 155k per and then that halved on day 2. Well don!!

I'm also with you regarding pre-1.3 crafed armor. I made a bunch and put cheap green lvl 49 augments in them so that they would get the augment slot hoping that that would increase the value of those armors by the approximate amount that an augment kits costs + the cost of creating the slot with the table... but they just aren't selling. ://

I guess the truth is, all crafted armors are pretty easy to get the schematics, therefore easy to make and no demand to look like someone else. Unique drop armors will be more in demand.

I definitely made some cash off the patch.. but am I the only one who is unhappy about the fact that armor isn't going to be a good seller anymore??

Now that the kits are losing value.. Armormech is going to end up being one of the least profitable crew skills.. I was selling Augged WH armor for 125k+ per piece before the patch.. now it is sitting there at 75k per and no one is buying..

So yea.. in the short term this was a good boost for sales.. and kinda nice to get a few M in the bank.. but now you might as well go ahead and drop Armormech.. Who would buy augmented gear off an Armormech when you have to pay to have the mods removed from the reward gear when you can just buy a kit and put an aug in the gear you get right from the npc..

Big fail on this one BW..

Yeah I would totally agree with your assessment. They really do need to add some super rare schematics and/or crafting components (a la RIS and BH armor in SWG).

Right now, everything is just so easy to get and there's just no demand for something that anyone can get. That's pretty basic--and I wish the devs would realize it.

i made nothing but i saved myself a butt load.

made 30 augments for two 50s

made 36 kits for myself

made 20-30 augments for guildies

made 20-30 kits for them too.

you do the math as to how much i saved myself and my friends.

and people say crafting is worthless.:D

i made nothing but i saved myself a butt load.

made 30 augments for two 50s

made 36 kits for myself

made 20-30 augments for guildies

made 20-30 kits for them too.

you do the math as to how much i saved myself and my friends.

and people say crafting is worthless.:D

Mostly this.I fully augmented my 2 50s and spared a few augments and kits for guildies.

On top of that,. I probably sold 6, 7 augments around 150k - 200k each. They didnt sell right away, since the frenzy was alredy wearing off by the time I listed them. But it was (is) a nice patch in terms of crafting, at least for my synthweaver.

It is quite sad being an artificer...

What's quite sad is unless you cashed in early, crafting is pretty useless now. The augments makes crafting nearly pointless as players now don't need to purchase gear from crafters anymore, other than augments and few other things. But even those items are dropping in price almost near to a point where it's not worth making them anymore.

Edited by Aricus